PDA

View Full Version : Master shrine

SSFWEl
10-23-2011, 02:57 AM
I am still pretty new to the game (7 mo), but a cursory search did not show something like this. If this has been proposed, my sincere apologies.

How about adding an option for a "master shrine" for ship buffs, which will buff all at once all the buffs that the ship it is on, offers? Say as a lvl 70 guild reward option?
Maybe except the dummy. Add another master shrine at lvl 80 that even includes the dummy buff.

Something to look forward to after lvl 63.
Would save time and allow more play.

Would allow people / groups who wiped to get back in the game quickly (you already face a 20% XP penalty so at least allow players to go back in fast).

AMDarkwolf
10-23-2011, 02:58 AM
I am still pretty new to the game (7 mo), but a cursory search did not show something like this. If this has been proposed, my sincere apologies.

How about adding an option for a "master shrine" for ship buffs, which will buff all at once all the buffs that the ship it is on, offers? Say as a lvl 70 guild reward option?
Maybe except the dummy. Add another master shrine at lvl 80 that even includes the dummy buff.

Would allow people / groups who wiped to get back in the game quickly (you already face a 20% XP penalty so at least allow players to go back in fast).

LOL guess that would let me /kick them faster.

Anyone who recalls out and costs everyone 20+10% deserves to be booted. Shrines are a crutch if you 'need' them. They are a convince and that is all.

This means no i don't really care for this idea.

SSFWEl
10-23-2011, 03:06 AM
Thank you, Sir, so much, for your on-topic and enlightening input.

LOL guess that would let me /kick them faster.

Shrines are a crutch if you 'need' them. .

AMDarkwolf
10-23-2011, 03:12 AM
point is the ship buffs are a convenience and nothing but, I do NOT want dev's wasting any more time on useless stuff like that when they can make new packs, fix bugs, etc.

Musouka
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM

First of all, the loss of the bonus XP is not a penalty.

Secondly, this HAS been suggested before, quite a few times.

Third, /not signed.

AMDarkwolf
10-23-2011, 12:16 PM
First of all, the loss of the bonus XP is not a penalty.

Secondly, this HAS been suggested before, quite a few times.

Third, /not signed.

Heh well actually it is. Hes talking the RE-ENTRY penalty not the '10% bonus for no death'

Musouka
10-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Heh well actually it is. Hes talking the RE-ENTRY penalty not the '10% bonus for no death'

I thought it was only 10% penalty if you re-enter

redspecter23
10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
If they were to do it all over again, I think there could be better ways to implement guild buffs. I don't think running all over the ship clicking altars and talking to NPC's adds any real flavor. It's just busywork. A master shrine or NPC that could apply all ship buffs to you would save the hassle of running around the ship, but then you'd have no reason to visit any other part of the ship except the master shrine. If they were to implement something else at the same time as a master shrine that would give us a reason to go below deck on the ship, that could solve many issues.

My suggestion is to add individual housing to the airships so you have a reason to be there other than just to stock up on buffs before you head out every hour.

Other options that could have been implemented.

- guild buffs have unlimited duration and last until either death or log out. Just visit once per session and you don't have to worry about it unless you die. A bit more incentive to stay alive if you'll have to make the trip back while your party mates continue on. They are essentially limitless right now, except with the annoying stipulation that you come back once an hour to "check in".

- guild buffs are static and effect you at all times. no need to buff or rebuff. they just apply to you when you log in. It's a bit too powerful perhaps? If the effects were designed to be much smaller benefits, this could have worked well.

- increased duration or frozen timer while not in quests. Basically just a way to extend the timer a bit. Many people feel 1 hour isn't necessarily not long enough, but it is annoying to go back once an hour if you want the maximum benefit.

- platinum seal amenities. a few specific buffs could get platinum seal versions, that are like regular amenities, but the effect persists through death and lasts until log out. You'd basically always be buffed. The only one I can think of that I'd really apply this to is the XP shrine, but in general I'm against ddo store effects that can't be earned in game. That doesn't really stop Turbine if they want to do it though.

AMDarkwolf
10-23-2011, 05:49 PM
- guild buffs are static and effect you at all times. no need to buff or rebuff. they just apply to you when you log in. It's a bit too powerful perhaps? If the effects were designed to be much smaller benefits, this could have worked well.

THIS would have worked. Like you say, if the buffs were minimal, but noticeable, and the 'resists' were toned down or a flat % reduction, then ya, being part of X guild gains all the buffs of said guild. Might mean more of the 'join the biggest group' but at the same time would mean less 'brb gonna buffz'

And ya, I also think the ship should be sort of like a 'guild hall' to have some reason to BE on the ship(the teleporting part is almost enough, but not quite) - Although as they are now, with mail, ah, stone fo change, shroud alters, etc, they 'almost' become a sort of player housing.

Vellrad
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Some guilds without big airship are swapping buffs while buffing, for example, need kobold, but he's not here? NP, throw halfing away for a bit.
What happens when you're running guild raid, and suddenly someone changes buff shrine? Everyone loses a buff and gets the new one?
No, TY, we got enough lag problems.

Talias006
10-23-2011, 09:45 PM

I thought it was only 10% penalty if you re-enter

Actually, that's still technically wrong. The XP you get from not re-entering is a Bonus.
Re-entering a quest you lose the bonus, which is not quite the same as a penalty.
If it were truly a penalty, it would apply a -10% XP. All that happens is you lose the +10%, not get hit with an additional -10%.

In all seriousness, if you wiped, unless the quest is supremely long, the best you could or should do is regroup and enter fresh with the fore-knowledge that there are some things your group needs to work on at certain points within the adventure.

But the numbers do add up to 20% if one person died and had to re-enter.
It only takes 1 person to lose the bonus for everyone.

gloopygloop
10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Actually, that's still technically wrong. The XP you get from not re-entering is a Bonus.
Re-entering a quest you lose the bonus, which is not quite the same as a penalty.
If it were truly a penalty, it would apply a -10% XP. All that happens is you lose the +10%, not get hit with an additional -10%.

In all seriousness, if you wiped, unless the quest is supremely long, the best you could or should do is regroup and enter fresh with the fore-knowledge that there are some things your group needs to work on at certain points within the adventure.

But the numbers do add up to 20% if one person died and had to re-enter.
It only takes 1 person to lose the bonus for everyone.

If you reenter a quest, you get a reentry penalty in addition to the loss of the 10% no-reentries bonus. If another person in the quest recalls and reenters while you remain in the quest, you do not get the penalty, but you do lose the bonus.

That said, if you're in an at-level quest where you're getting XP, please just have everyone recall and start the quest over from scratch. If you can't complete the quest, then you're doing something wrong.

Figure out what you're doing wrong and do it right the next time.

R0cksteady
10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Definitely sign. Why not? It's just a time saver, and would ve easily to implement.

Vellrad
10-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I though he was refering to wipes, you know all dead at almost end, lets recall and run again (1 stays to keep instance).

Kinerd
10-25-2011, 04:58 PM
What I would really love is a master re-up option. Having to buy all the amenities one by one and having to click each contract individually is a pretty silly annoyance.

I really can't comprehend how anyone can be against a master shrine as suggested.

Jaid314
10-26-2011, 12:17 AM
What I would really love is a master re-up option. Having to buy all the amenities one by one and having to click each contract individually is a pretty silly annoyance.

I really can't comprehend how anyone can be against a master shrine as suggested.

what i want is to be able to have them autorenew using money from the guild account :P

that way, other guildies can actually contribute :)

Kmnh
10-26-2011, 06:49 AM
If the devs are going to mess around with ship buffs, make sure they remove the resist shrines. Level 1 wizards with 30 resist for all elements are a very silly thing.