PDA

View Full Version : We got a scroll vendor, how about a large ingredient vendor now?

Noelemahc
10-21-2011, 08:32 PM
This has been suggested multiple times and I've even started a couple threads on it over a span of time. There is a npc in gianthold that exchanges 3 relics for any 1 relic of your choice. Now the epic vendor in the twelve will exchange 3 of any 1 sands scroll for 1 raid scroll of your choice. Can we now get a npc in Meridia that will exchange 3 of any large ingredient for 1 large ingredient of your choice?

I'm getting tired of looking at my ingredient bags and seeing over 200 large bones, 173 large chains, 92 arrowheads, and then staring at my 6 large scales, 1 large stone, and 3 large shrapnel. The recipes are incredibly unbalanced, so I think this is long overdue.

Seeing as how the scroll change was finally made, I don't think this is too much or unreasonable to ask. Can you guys make this happen?

Scarecrow9
10-21-2011, 08:37 PM
/signed

perylousdemon
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
/signed

Yan_PL
10-21-2011, 08:50 PM
you mean, make bones actually worth taking from chests? or, unleash of hundreds new Tier III greensteels?

I'll prolly buy lot of bones on sarlona just in case someday something like this might happen. and then hope for 3:1 trade ratio.

sirgog
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
/signed, although I could get behind 2-for-1 on Relics, 3-for-1 on Larges, and 5-for-1 on Sands scrolls.

Scarecrow9
10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
also: sov runes

Unreliable
10-21-2011, 11:32 PM
/not signed.

Why does everyone want to cripple all the major sources of the DDO trade economy?

Epic scrolls, gone (at least desert, who knows what the future will bring)

Shroud ings, will be gone.

We all know plat has its limits... because all it can really do is buy are potions/scrolls/etc.

What will the major economic source in the game be?

Solmage
10-21-2011, 11:38 PM
I could see this being beneficial. Heck I'd even support a not completely even trade scheme: 5 bones for X, 3 or 4 shrap/arrow/chains for X, etc.

Besides, with Arties around, I need to craft like a zillion Lit2s so this would be useful =)

S1M0N5
10-21-2011, 11:51 PM
/signed

As a player that only recently got to 20 on my first toon and as such I don't have millions of plat just laying around on multiple toons for if I need to buy something, or a bunch of large items or epic scrolls to sell when I need plat, it would be nice to be able to make some Shroud loot runs and be assured a way to make a GS item. I know that if this is implemented it will cause a lot of the TRx5 players, that have millions of plat along with hundreds large items and epic scrolls that they sell when they might need plat, to lose their some of their source of income, but just think, there will still be people that will want to buy those items from you to fill in what they don't have, or because they are just too lazy to grind some runs, so you won't be losing that much income.

If you still need convincing think of it this way, when you go to make those high level raids and epic runs there will be more people with good items and as such they will be more useful in those high level quests/raids. This is not a bad thing.

roryk27
10-22-2011, 12:45 AM
/not signed just to be disagreeable

Seriously though, /signed. Completing 10 shrouds only to get 6 bones, a couple of chains, and a couple of arrowheads isn't really getting someone much closer to a t3 item. I would love a way to trade the nearly useless bones into something that actually gets me closer to that goal.

steloro
10-22-2011, 12:50 AM
/signed...

sirgog
10-22-2011, 02:18 AM
/not signed.

Why does everyone want to cripple all the major sources of the DDO trade economy?

We all know plat has its limits... because all it can really do is buy are potions/scrolls/etc.

Shroud ingredients would still be sought after. Most popular items require 5 LDS, which at present is 30 non-Horn larges total. After adding a 3-for-1 it would be closer to 26-28 (the 24 used in making the item, plus 1-2 tradeins to get your last bits).

So Shroud mat demand would, longer term, only drop 10% or so. Short term of course there'd be a lot of bones immediately turned in, but IMO the main effect of that would be more people making items they otherwise would have - swap-in 45 resist items and the like.

Matuse
10-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Make it 2:1 on small shroud ingredients, 3:1 on medium, 5:1 on large.

It's not just larges. I'd love to be able to trade in mediums. You see, I have become cursed. I get medium chains. Medium chains are really about the ONLY thing I get. It's rare for me to not get 2 medium chains out of part 3. Maybe once every 15 runs will I get zero medium chains in part 3 (and typically, if that happens, one of them will be a medium horn...thanks!).

I almost have more medium chains than I have all other medium ingredients combined, and I'm a bit tired of that. Particularly when "all other" includes a collection of a whopping 3 medium stones compared to 78 chains. It didn't used to be this way. For a while, I could count on getting a relatively even spread of medium ingredients. But not anymore. Now I'm buried under an avalanche of medium chains.

aerendhil
10-22-2011, 02:38 AM
either large trade or :

2 small Ings => 1 medium Ing.
2 medium Ings => 1 large Ing.

emptysands
10-22-2011, 03:08 AM
/not signed.

Farming Sins, Shroud and VON6 I guess. Most of the solo farming likely will be items. Greaters will still have some value

Still I can't see why they need to add this mechanic to Chrono or Ferns scrolls - the set of scrolls is small enough that is not hard to get the scroll you want. Value is driven by "true demand" (*) rather than unrealistic values set by "lack of supply".

(*) Chrono cloak is useful almost to any build.

Dagolar
10-22-2011, 03:27 AM
This has been suggested multiple times and I've even started a couple threads on it over a span of time. There is a npc in gianthold that exchanges 3 relics for any 1 relic of your choice. Now the epic vendor in the twelve will exchange 3 of any 1 sands scroll for 1 raid scroll of your choice. Can we now get a npc in Meridia that will exchange 3 of any large ingredient for 1 large ingredient of your choice?

I'm getting tired of looking at my ingredient bags and seeing over 200 large bones, 173 large chains, 92 arrowheads, and then staring at my 6 large scales, 1 large stone, and 3 large shrapnel. The recipes are incredibly unbalanced, so I think this is long overdue.

Seeing as how the scroll change was finally made, I don't think this is too much or unreasonable to ask. Can you guys make this happen?
The difference is, epic scrolls and GH relics are supposed to have a fairly comparable rarity
to each other. Shroud ingredients have always been purposefully tiered in rarity. Personally don't see enough merit in the change.

karl_k0ch
10-22-2011, 04:52 AM
The difference is, epic scrolls and GH relics are supposed to have a fairly comparable rarity
to each other. Shroud ingredients have always been purposefully tiered in rarity. Personally don't see enough merit in the change.

Shroud ingredients are not tiered in rarity of drops.
They are tiered in terms of demand for crafting recipes. The imbalance is created because some ingredients are required in higher numbers than others.

Re: OP. /signed.

SirShen
10-22-2011, 05:01 AM
/not signed.

/Signed for me.

How will this cripple the economy? When u could now sell any scroll from desert because now they are all usefull. Also if the large trade did happen it would also be able to sell all those large bones ect because everyone would want them to trade in for a large they need. Me thinks you are looking at this half glass empty.

Yan_PL
10-22-2011, 05:07 AM
/not signed.

sheesh, before they nerf FRDS as currency. you said it yourself you bought your marlith (heh) scroll for those, huh?

Forzah
10-22-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm a fan of the current LDS standard in the economy of DDO, so I vote against this change.

Only if the exchange rates are dependent on the type of ingredient I could support it: i.e. 1 scale = 2 stones = 2-3 shrapnels = 4-5 arrows = 8 chains = 10 bones.

Dagolar
10-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Shroud ingredients are not tiered in rarity of drops.
They are tiered in terms of demand for crafting recipes. The imbalance is created because some ingredients are required in higher numbers than others.

Re: OP. /signed.

You must have far better luck with LDS drops..

Vordax
10-22-2011, 09:07 AM
/signed

With every update Shroud is becoming further and further away from being end game. Epics, Alchemical Crafting and now the challenge crafting has turned shroud gear into mostly twink gear for TR'ing. Less grind I say!

Vordax

Zerkul
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
/signed, although I could get behind 2-for-1 on Relics, 3-for-1 on Larges, and 5-for-1 on Sands scrolls.

/signed

Rawel_San
10-22-2011, 10:31 AM
either large trade or :

2 small Ings => 1 medium Ing.
2 medium Ings => 1 large Ing.

This is an extremely bad idea imo. Smalls and mediums are so plentiful this would be a huge blow to the
economy. 3 for 1 larges or 5 for 1 larges would still be a fairly large blow but this would be devastating.

Tomalon
10-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I'd like to see them take every and yes i mean every item used in crafting/epic/upgrading and offer some kind of 2 or 3 for 1 trade.

All i every hear is ppl stating that they have been looking for "X" item for 6-8 months and it's the last thing they need to craft/epic/upgrade what they have.

My 2 cents......maybe less:p

Ultimaetus
10-22-2011, 10:41 AM
/signed

Xenostrata
10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Why do people think these changes would cripple anything? Logically, allowing someone to trade in 3 low demand items for one high demand item will serve to equalize the prices, not drag everything down. Yes, the Mari Chain scroll will drop from 30 reds down to maybe 5-6. But all those scrolls that would have sold for 100k will now be worth about a third of the maximum instead. It's an increase in the number of scrolls that can be used as currency, and if you have a wide variety of scrolls you might find that the total value before and after the update is unchanged.

Same could be said of Shroud mats. Suddenly, LDS are only 150k. But, Bones have risen from 20k to 50k.

FastTaco
10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Why do people think these changes would cripple anything? Logically, allowing someone to trade in 3 low demand items for one high demand item will serve to equalize the prices, not drag everything down. Yes, the Mari Chain scroll will drop from 30 reds down to maybe 5-6. But all those scrolls that would have sold for 100k will now be worth about a third of the maximum instead. It's an increase in the number of scrolls that can be used as currency, and if you have a wide variety of scrolls you might find that the total value before and after the update is unchanged.

Same could be said of Shroud mats. Suddenly, LDS are only 150k. But, Bones have risen from 20k to 50k.

Would you pay 5-6 reds for 3 junk sand scrolls?

Didn't think so!

If marilith chain costed 5-6 reds after this change, then so would 3 random junk scrolls. The trade-in mechanic effectively locks the more expensive scrolls in line with 3 junk ones.

I don't think it will be anywhere near 5-6 is what I'm sayin, because there are so many random junk scrolls vs a few valuable ones.

smatt
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Can I trade 3 useless Arti dogs for something? :confused:

smatt
10-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Logically they did the 3-1 scroll trade on desert scrolls as an easy fix for the stupidity of having 64 different scrolls with 57 of them being 100% useless....

Xenostrata
10-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Logically they did the 3-1 scroll trade on desert scrolls as an easy fix for the stupidity of having 64 different scrolls with 57 of them being 100% niche....

Fixed that for you ;)

Though, seriously. If the total value of all the scrolls on one server was, I dunno, 2000 reds, then after the update the total value of all the scrolls will remain 2000 reds. The main difference is that the niche scrolls will have a larger share of that value.

emptysands
10-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Fixed that for you ;)

Though, seriously. If the total value of all the scrolls on one server was, I dunno, 2000 reds, then after the update the total value of all the scrolls will remain 2000 reds. The main difference is that the niche scrolls will have a larger share of that value.

Except the value of farming for self has now change - it is easy (*) for even a first life arcane or divine to farm any scrolls. Guildies might even do it for one another since it doesnt take that long.

The supply side will overwhelm any demand - I doubt a MC scroll will be even worth 1-2 reds.

(*) Couple hours of ice storm or b/b will probably net 3 scrolls.

roryk27
10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm a fan of the current LDS standard in the economy of DDO, so I vote against this change.

Only if the exchange rates are dependent on the type of ingredient I could support it: i.e. 1 scale = 2 stones = 2-3 shrapnels = 4-5 arrows = 8 chains = 10 bones.

If you're on Khyber, I will trade you 10 bones for a LDS.

Ryiah
10-22-2011, 06:58 PM

/signed

I don't see how this would cripple anything. Flawless red scales would remain as a trade good as the only other use for them is to make an armor that is little more than a trophy item. This would almost be like taking the gold and platinum counters in the game and throwing out the gold one.