PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation/Denial Request: Update of pre-U12 Raid items

karl_k0ch
10-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Dear Genasi, dear MadFloyd, dear other Devs.

The altars to Upgrade the from the Ascension Chamber and Reaver's Fate raids are great news.
Apparently (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4137551&postcount=3), the base items got also some update which did not only add an "Upgradeable item (Stormreaver)", but also granted some enhanced stats to the item (adding more AC and a +3 enhancement to Open Lock in the case of the ventilated bracers).

Also, apparently (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4136842&postcount=84), the old items don't work in the upgrade altars.

I am wondering:

Are we going to update our existing raid loot to the corresponding (upgradeable) post-U12 versions, or do you envision veterans to run Reavers and Abbot for those items again?

I (and probably some other players) would appreciate an answer to that question very much.

Edit:
And the answer was given shortly after, in a different thread:

Regarding existing loot - the stone of change recipes didn't make it in yet. We're trying to get them in but they may not be ready until a later patch. Long story short: don't smash your old gear, it'll still be good to upgrade with.

Thanks for the clarification.

PNellesen
10-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I (and probably some other players) would appreciate an answer to that question very much.

/signed!

somenewnoob
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
/signed

There is no effing way I am regrinding for raid gear. Just no way.

Jaid314
10-21-2011, 02:26 PM
hmmm... funny. i stopped running abbot entirely because it wasn't fun for me, loot never dropped anyways, it was quite likely to wipe several times along the way, pugs were generally slow to fill, all of the loot i want is not likely to ever go up for roll anyways, and i didn't feel like getting 20 completions to begin with.

if the gear doesn't even update, i guess that's just one more reason i should be happy i stopped inflicting that miserable experience on myself.

Lord_Darquain
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
hmmm... funny. i stopped running abbot entirely because it wasn't fun for me, loot never dropped anyways, it was quite likely to wipe several times along the way, pugs were generally slow to fill, all of the loot i want is not likely to ever go up for roll anyways, and i didn't feel like getting 20 completions to begin with.

if the gear doesn't even update, i guess that's just one more reason i should be happy i stopped inflicting that miserable experience on myself.

+1

Abbot is unfun, mostly because of the lack of balance between challenge and reward.

I wish I had bought Necro 2 instead. :p

xandariant
10-21-2011, 02:54 PM
/signed

There is no effing way I am regrinding for raid gear. Just no way.

/Signed and signed.

I and probably most of ppl don't intend to rerun all items we have on our toons so please make it work with old items.

katz
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
took me 22 runs to get treason and ventilated bracers for my rogue... the only two things i *really* wanted. what else did i end up with during the course of that run? an amulet of the stormreaver (of course), a stormreaver napkin, madstone boots (yay!), a ring of lies, and a +3 wisdom tome ... and considering some of the stories i've heard, i'm pretty lucky to get what i wanted with only just over 20 runs.

even so. it was a long annoying boring run to 22 completions. and now it's an even worse raid to run with the buff to air eles. :eek: my rogue is a halfling. the second those things pop i may as well pike in the corner. i'm gonna end up flat on my *** the whole time anyway. :o

but yeah. i don't really want to repeat that particular experience. i'd like to hear something regarding this. thanks.

consider me /signed

Ravoc-DDO
10-21-2011, 03:32 PM
DDO gets more depressing with each new update. So much work, all for naught...

Musouka
10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm hoping we can just put them in the Stone of Change and get the newer version.

Qhualor
10-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I also would like to know. I already went through a lot of grind to get them shinies. I really don't want to have to do it all over again. I would be willing to do it once if it meant getting a token to upgrade them, but that's my compromise. Other than that, I'm excited about the upgrades and can't wait.

Bladedge
10-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I would also like to be able to get the new version of the items with out having to run thru those raids a hundred more times.

gloopygloop
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Coming in U12, you'll be able to buy upgrade tokens in the DDO store for any raid gear that was improved.

Just 995 TP for the token and then pop those Madstone Boots into the Stone of Change for your free upgrade!

PNellesen
10-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Coming in U12, you'll be able to buy upgrade tokens in the DDO store for any raid gear that was improved.

Just 995 TP for the token and then pop those Madstone Boots into the Stone of Change for your free upgrade!

Please, don't give them any MORE bad ideas ;)

Taimasan
10-21-2011, 05:00 PM
/Signed and signed.

I and probably most of ppl don't intend to rerun all items we have on our toons so please make it work with old items.

/signed signed and signed

Osharan_Tregarth
10-21-2011, 05:08 PM
In case anyone missed it...

Regarding existing loot - the stone of change recipes didn't make it in yet. We're trying to get them in but they may not be ready until a later patch. Long story short: don't smash your old gear, it'll still be good to upgrade with.

Astraghal
10-21-2011, 05:09 PM
please, don't give them any more bad ideas ;)

+1

There's been a lot of bad changes in this game due to a small but vocal minority.

karl_k0ch
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
In case anyone missed it...

Awesome. Thanks, O_T. Vielen Dank, Tolero.

BigSlugger
10-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Dear Genasi, dear MadFloyd, dear other Devs.

The altars to Upgrade the from the Ascension Chamber and Reaver's Fate raids are great news.
Apparently (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4137551&postcount=3), the base items got also some update which did not only add an "Upgradeable item (Stormreaver)", but also granted some enhanced stats to the item (adding more AC and a +3 enhancement to UMD in the case of the ventilated bracers).

What UMD bonus are you talking about?

Indoran
10-22-2011, 12:12 AM
seriously we need a way to make old items improvable... or should I go get another Staff of the petitioner...

ok devs have you ever farmed one of those?

its not like the a walk in the park... and yes I happen to want that improvement

altrocks
10-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Tolero has responded in another thread about this. The Stone of Change recipes haven't made it in yet, but they will be put in. It might take until U12 Patch 1, but they will be put in, so the old raid loot you have will be upgradeable. Until then, grind for Seals and maybe pick up some of the new raid loot along the way anyway.

Zerkul
10-22-2011, 02:18 AM
Also, apparently (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4136842&postcount=84), the old items don't work in the upgrade altars.

I am wondering:

Are we going to update our existing raid loot to the corresponding (upgradeable) post-U12 versions, or do you envision veterans to run Reavers and Abbot for those items again?

I come from European Server. I've been doing Abbot since module 5, the module in which it came out. You know how many times Abbot loot has been changed and upgraded since that time? And you know how many times we've been forced to re-do it and keep getting the better piece of loot we wanted? This looks just ridicolous to me: to make people do and do always the same content. I've got just on my imported characters 200+ abbot completions and i've got much more on toons i've on cannith right now. You think we should continue farm the same raid over and over to get the chance to upgrade em? You're insane.

Osharan_Tregarth
10-22-2011, 06:13 AM
I come from European Server. I've been doing Abbot since module 5, the module in which it came out. You know how many times Abbot loot has been changed and upgraded since that time? And you know how many times we've been forced to re-do it and keep getting the better piece of loot we wanted? This looks just ridicolous to me: to make people do and do always the same content. I've got just on my imported characters 200+ abbot completions and i've got much more on toons i've on cannith right now. You think we should continue farm the same raid over and over to get the chance to upgrade em? You're insane.

Go ahead and read the whole thread, and not just the first post.

We'll wait.

karl_k0ch
10-22-2011, 06:29 AM
What UMD bonus are you talking about?

Click the link in the post you quoted and you might get an answer.

I've included Tolero's answer in the OP for clarity.

gloopygloop
10-22-2011, 07:08 AM

I've included Tolero's answer in the OP for clarity.

I clicked on that link and didn't see a UMD bonus either. I'm confused.

Symar-FangofLloth
10-22-2011, 07:13 AM

I see Disable Device, but no Use Magic Device.

Zerkul
10-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Go ahead and read the whole thread, and not just the first post.

We'll wait.

True i read the Toler quote. Thanks and sorry for the post.

karl_k0ch
10-22-2011, 11:59 AM
I see Disable Device, but no Use Magic Device.

True dat. I mixed things up.
Actually, an Open Lock +3 bonus was added. My bad, the post will be changed accordingly.

Xyy
01-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Been a while since last post, any update?? I tested today and could not upgrade a Treason.

sephiroth1084
01-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Been a while since last post, any update?? I tested today and could not upgrade a Treason.
Last I checked, the devs had made the old Abbot stuff upgradeable, although some of the upgrades aren't, and only two of the Reavers items upgradeable to their new, pre-seal versions, with plans to finish up the list soonish.

Kathul
01-06-2012, 02:38 AM
No WAY I am gonna re-farm GH raid for an upgrade !

DDO is taking a turn for the trash with this kind of thinking.

I farmed, I ran, I re-flagged on all my toons which are all TR's.

Hook me up for free or kiss the pack goodbye, and maybe something else.