PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Shared Bank

Sylvurdragon
10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Question. If, as a VIP, I purchase a 10 slot addition to my shared bank and I have to go down to premium for whatever reason (usually very temporary)...do I still get to keep the 10 slots that i purchased or do I lose them until i become VIP again?

somenewnoob
10-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Question. If, as a VIP, I purchase a 10 slot addition to my shared bank and I have to go down to premium for whatever reason (usually very temporary)...do I still get to keep the 10 slots that i purchased or do I lose them until i become VIP again?

IIRC, you would have to purchase the base shared bank or you would not have access to it at all.

Sylvurdragon
10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
IIRC, you would have to purchase the base shared bank or you would not have access to it at all.

Thanks for that, and if that is the case - that would definitely prevent me from wanting to shell out the 900 or so TP to buy it. I'd be interested in hearing from a Dev or someone who has experienced this before :)

Cauthey
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Your questions regarding VIP and shared bank, etc., are likely covered in detail here:

Ungood's Guide to Converting from VIP to Premium (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=338050)

QuarterMasterM
10-21-2011, 02:46 PM

You would lose access to them until you become a VIP, or buy the first 20 slots.

Note though that you don't lose the items.

Sylvurdragon
10-21-2011, 02:49 PM
You would lose access to them until you become a VIP, or buy the first 20 slots.

Thank you Quartermaster and Cauthey for the information. I've always wondered in case I decided to pick up an extra slot. It's good to know...thanks! :)

Musouka
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM

Yep, it just becomes a withdraw only bank, accessed by all characters active on the account until you purchase it. My wife's account was VIP and downgraded when she stopped playing as much as she did.

dragonofsteel2
10-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Great I lose what I bought nooooooooooooo.. if I still was going to play this game I might care. THough still thing it should give them the shared slots they bought.

QuarterMasterM
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
It is not a withdraw only bank, it is totally unaccessable. They are still there, but until you purchase you'll not be able to withdraw or see the items.

The items are accessible and can be withdrawn if you downgrade with items in your Shared Bank. Screenshot has been attached showing the experience.

Cauthey
10-24-2011, 05:14 PM
The items are accessible and can be withdrawn if you downgrade with items in your Shared Bank. Screenshot has been attached showing the experience.

And, it includes platinum withdrawl. U12 sneak peek, perhaps? :D :D :D

Image QFT'd:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/the_elf/platwithdrawl.jpg

Rumbaar
10-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Is that currently the live server? I don't remember platinum being available on the live server and the bank being able to be a withdraw only back after a 'downgrade' and no base shared bank access.

Cauthey
10-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Is that currently the live server? I don't remember platinum being available on the live server and the bank being able to be a withdraw only back after a 'downgrade' and no base shared bank access.

Pretty sure that's a sneak peek of Update 12. After I posted a thread about it in General, I noticed a rather popular thread in the Lamminia Discussion section.

Backley
10-24-2011, 05:58 PM

That is from U12 (currently on Lamannia), but I confirm that my Shared Bank is currently remove-only live on Orien, as it has been since I downgraded from VIP to Premium.

There is still a bunch of stuff in there that I haven't pulled out yet, but I have pulled some out after it downgraded.

Rumbaar
10-24-2011, 06:03 PM
That is from U12 (currently on Lamannia), but I confirm that my Shared Bank is currently remove-only live on Orien, as it has been since I downgraded from VIP to Premium.

There is still a bunch of stuff in there that I haven't pulled out yet, but I have pulled some out after it downgraded.Has that always been the case? At one point I thought it totally disappeared.

Backley
10-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Has that always been the case? At one point I thought it totally disappeared.

At least since the VIP access on that account expired in February 2010.

Musouka
10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Wrong. If you are VIP and purchase additional shared bank slots they are available too you.

But as soon as you 'upgrade' to premium you will loose access to all slots of the shared bank until you make the initial 20 slot base purchase then you will gain access to the 20 + any extra slots you've purchased.

It is not a withdraw only bank, it is totally unaccessable. They are still there, but until you purchase you'll not be able to withdraw or see the items.

No you do no loose anything. The items are their, the extra slots are there. But as you were just 'renting' the first 20 via VIP subscription you need to purchase the base access to gain access to the items and slots. You've lost nothing you have brought.

How am I wrong? I seriously play this game with my wife, she used to be VIP and we let it lapse. When it lapsed, her shared bank items remained in the shared bank, but became withdraw only. It even stated that on it. Why would I lie about that? I did not misread, because that was the case for a while with her until we purchased the Shared Bank.

They don't keep things from you like that, because they know people might not have enough time to remove everything from their shared bank when the Subscription runs out.

Please don't make accusations when you don't have the information correctly yourself.

Rumbaar
10-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Yes it seems it's a withdraw only bank if upgrading to premium. Which I'm sure wasn't always the case.

They don't keep things from you like that, because they know people might not have enough time to remove everything from their shared bank when the Subscription runs out.Also they do keep things from you like that, just like when a guild chest disappears with items in it. It's totally gone, and you can't access the items contained within. Until you purchase it again.

Shade
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/the_elf/platwithdrawl.jpg

Only 3 buy nows in a single image?

Surely you can do better turbine marketing.

Just fill the whole screen with buy now buttons randomly as we play, well love it.

Grenada
10-24-2011, 11:25 PM

Just fill the whole screen with buy now buttons randomly as we play, well love it.

Ever rolled up a F2P account?

Solmage
10-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Yes it seems it's a withdraw only bank if upgrading to premium. Which I'm sure wasn't always the case.

It's been this way since F2P. It wasn't that way before. Of course, before you couldn't log in if your account was inactive, heh.

The hilarious part is your inability to say 'oops I was wrong'.

..Speaking of hilarious..

Seriously though, I'm getting very sick and tired of seeing buy-it-now as a VIP. Of course, since I cancelled my account due to U11 & +3 tomes on the store, my VIPness should be running out.. hum.. in 5 days or so, but until then, you marketing folks may want to register the VIP dissatisfaction with the constant buy-it now garbage.

The most annoying spot has to be in my character's inventory, affecting my ability to select my inventory tabs when I'm in a hurry.

stainer
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I've been here since 2009 and this thread was the first time I've seen reference of the withdraw only nature of the first 20+ slots after upgrading to premium. Not even the marketing person at Turbine mentioned it in his first response.

It's a shame there are no threads past early 2010 left to search.

Yes I was wrong.

There are threads dating back to 2007 available.

Rumbaar
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
There are threads dating back to 2007 available.

Not in this section. Sorry should have made that part clear, the furthest I could search for specifics regarding shared back was early 2010. Well in my searches. They have done some maintenance to the forums in those times.

Musouka
10-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Also they do keep things from you like that, just like when a guild chest disappears with items in it. It's totally gone, and you can't access the items contained within. Until you purchase it again.

Wow... you just have to justify your claim. Ok I'm wrong on that. However, a guild ship amenity being used a personal storage doesn't seem like it is being used as intended. Also a guild ship amenity also has the explanation of it being a temporary item, far more temporary than someone being a VIP. This is a special case, because the chest in question is purchased with platinum or TP. While the account bank is granted to VIP with the cost of MONEY. Sure you can say that the chest can be purchased with TP, but TP does not equal money. I can favor farm for a day and get enough TP for it.