PDA

View Full Version : U12 Dev Events!

KookieKobold
10-21-2011, 12:31 PM
This is the thread where the U12 Dev events will be.

The first of our events will be this Saturday, from 11am to 1pm and from 5pm to 7pm (All times are Eastern, GMT-4 currently).

404Error and myself will be online, handing out Exp and Plat!

The Auction House will be well stocked with random treasure items.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

GoldyGopher
10-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Excuse me Mr. Kobold, on Saturday if we ask nicely will we be able to get a couple Stormreaver Tokens and Abbot Tokens?

Gratch
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes... handing out a few tokens to try out upgrades would be good.

The Abbot loot in particular was redone shortly after it came out. Will be interesting to see if you can only upgrade the replacement items or it will also accept the original loots.

katz
10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
d'oh. i'll be at work *sadface*

maybe i can log on remotely.... hmmmm

S1M0N5
10-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Silly question I know, but any possibility of dropping some full Guild Renown, for the "lol's"? :D

Ziindarax
10-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Since this is a preview server, and nothing really matters on that server, any chance you could hand out abbot/GH loot along with their tokens so we don't have to reflag (Abbot flagging is a tremendous pain in the rear with all the sigil peices on would need)?

UrbanPyro
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Deleted.

cdbd3rd
10-22-2011, 08:07 AM
I caught some of the Devs yarking about in House Cannith earlier today.

Took a few screen shots and decided to take a whack at trying to be creative. :)

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af225/PlayswFire/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons%20Online/Denial.jpg

Nice. :)

Asmodeus451
10-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Yea you should really hand out abbot/reaver loot to test to make sure its working. As well as perhaps some completed version of the challenge loot since we cant get that atm either.

Also need a greater cell to test my alchemical upgrades again and see if the graphic is finally fixed. got one on live lastnight that wont be on lama...

have a feeling they will do this, but it will be a seperate event.

that, or they might hand out completed Sigils, since they might wanna get ppl to test the drop rates as well

edit: bowties are cool

Shade
10-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Yea you should really hand out abbot/reaver loot to test to make sure its working. As well as perhaps some completed version of the challenge loot since we cant get that atm either.

Also need a greater cell to test my alchemical upgrades again and see if the graphic is finally fixed. got one on live lastnight that wont be on lama...

crimsonrazac
10-22-2011, 09:29 AM
i would like to try out my alchemical handwraps as well

LeLoric
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
While I appreciate the effort and time you took for this event it really wasn't anything but handing out freebies. Love to get some events that involved the new challenges more. Maybe a contest for highest score on a particular challenge or something similar.

badbob117
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
These events are usually pretty awesome. I will be there in a bit. I want to test some weird build. this seems like perfect time. gonna mooch some xp from you Kookie, woot :D

Momsboys
10-22-2011, 10:09 PM
So one of you devs teled me out of the grotto and now it wont let me form partes by saying : "(Error): You cannot form or join a party until you find a way off the beach."
Can you help?

bkasavan
10-23-2011, 08:22 AM
So one of you devs teled me out of the grotto and now it wont let me form partes by saying : "(Error): You cannot form or join a party until you find a way off the beach."
Can you help?

Guess they just dont like you :)

On another sadder note, I missed the event :'(:(:(

katz
10-23-2011, 01:28 PM
These events are usually pretty awesome. I will be there in a bit. I want to test some weird build. this seems like perfect time. gonna mooch some xp from you Kookie, woot :D

hah. it's letting me test which AA clonk build i want to go with next life on my FvS. :D

i love lammania

LucasMacKinnon
10-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Will bards ever get a choice of new spells or songs with an update soon?

Shade
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
mm leme repeat:
Please hand out new version of abbot/raver loot next event.

You know..

To do some actaul testing.

I know its against policy to actually 'test' or have fun, and its all about "preview".. whatever that means.

but comon.. Dont make me say I told you so when this goes live and half the raid loot upgrades dont work.

The fact the madstone boots are still broken to this day (and have been over a year) should make it painfully obvious it needs to be done.

Also enable lava caves so we can actaully test the new loot too.

Sleepsalot
10-25-2011, 02:38 AM
This is a funny thing Wipe the player base then give out XP to make high level players again.. Seems like some one needs lessons in time management..WHO you may ask??? TURBINE!!!!!!! .........

sirgog
10-25-2011, 03:10 AM
While I appreciate the effort and time you took for this event it really wasn't anything but handing out freebies. Love to get some events that involved the new challenges more. Maybe a contest for highest score on a particular challenge or something similar.

This.

Here's what I'd do as an event:

- Have a 'get the best score you can on level 21' contest. Offer a live server prize players might really want (say 5 FRDS on the live servers given to a random player in the team that gets the highest score, plus the same reward as a wildcard prize to one random team) so you get people really testing seriously. Pay attention to how class composition correlates to scores.

- Then, do the same at level 25.

- Then, give out lots of the challenge materials so people can test everything in the barter boxes. If, say, the Inherent Acid Resist 10 on the tier 2 Epic Rock Boots doesn't work, you'd find that out from this test.

- Then finally spawn silly amounts of mobs so the event can end with a bang and a wipe.

dragonsrpg1
10-25-2011, 05:00 PM
When is the next event? I missed the last one please reply!

Chazzie
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
This is a funny thing Wipe the player base then give out XP to make high level players again.. Seems like some one needs lessons in time management..WHO you may ask??? TURBINE!!!!!!! .........

Tip of the hat Sleep~

Heres a work around that I do~~On the Live Server Keep a loaded mule and have that toon Transfer~I didnt Like the idea of going from lvl 1 to 20 in a blink of a eye with the Arti and have no gear~So I look over the notes before I make my transfers & load down my Lami Mule. I dont like to transfer just max xp toons myself. I perfer to have under lvl and lvl toons for the new content,So if the devs show up to max us out I'll have some gear to to twink a bit.

I do like the server wipes though for the reason that the toons I do transfer to Lami Always have better gear than they had since the last wipe.

Well man I hope that helps & we'll see you over on the live servers tc man

Chazzie

Momsboys
10-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Can you hand out crafting and guild Exp? Please? Thankyou!

KookieKobold
10-28-2011, 03:07 PM
We’re looking for players brave enough to face Challenges on Lamannia tomorrow, Saturday Oct 29th! Those who play the Challenges can receive treats for Lamannia and for their live characters too! Join myself and 404Error (And maybe other Devs) from 12:00 PM Eastern to- 4:00 PM Eastern as they hand out treats for good little adventurers! Here’s how it works:

Gather your team of 3 to 6 players and play one of the following Challenges:
- Kobold Island: The Disruptor
- Lava Caves: Colossal Crystal
- Extraplanar Mining: Buying Time
- Dr. Rushmore's Mansion: Moving Targets

Successfully complete the Challenge and return to me, Kookiekobold, with the name of the Challenge you ran, and your high score. The team with the highest score for that Challenge will receive 500 Turbine Points for their live accounts! Your team can compete in all 4 Challenges, so there are multiple chances to win, and it’s possible to win more than once if your team is very good!

But wait, there’s more…

Each time a team successfully completes a Challenge and returns to Kookie with their score, they’ll receive preview treats to help you try the new U12 raid loot changes on Lamannia too!

See you there!

LeLoric
10-28-2011, 03:15 PM
We’re looking for players brave enough to face Challenges on Lamannia tomorrow, Saturday Oct 28th! Those who play the Challenges can receive treats for Lamannia and for their live characters too! Join myself and 404Error (And maybe other Devs) from 12:00 PM Eastern to- 4:00 PM Eastern as they hand out treats for good little adventurers! Here’s how it works:

Successfully complete the Challenge and return to me, Kookiekobold, with the name of the Challenge you ran, and your high score. The team with the highest score for that Challenge will receive 500 Turbine Points for their live accounts! Your team can compete in all 4 Challenges, so there are multiple chances to win, and it’s possible to win more than once if your team is very good!

But wait, there’s more…

Each time a team successfully completes a Challenge and returns to Kookie with their score, they’ll receive preview treats to help you try the new U12 raid loot changes on Lamannia too!

See you there!

Sounds fun Kookie I would love to be there sadly I have to take the girls to Boo at the Zoo for most of that time. Maybe I can sneak on if I get home early. Much better event glad to see some things to do than stand around asking devs for freebies and killing wierd spawns in public areas.

danielhrobbins
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Sat. is the 29th, BTW; today is the 28th. Nevertheless, I'll try to be there tomorrow.

sirgog
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Probably can't make that time (3am Sunday here - likely still out drinking then). Good idea though.

Havok.cry
10-28-2011, 05:10 PM
I see you are keeping your word about trying to repopulate lamania... I will help you guys out and tell my guildies about the chance at real TP :) +1 to whoever came up with that idea :)

Ninety
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM
id rather see a character copy tool from Lam back to live... that's about the only way
i would test anything out there.

LeLoric
10-28-2011, 07:05 PM
id rather see a character copy tool from Lam back to live... that's about the only way
i would test anything out there.

Considering TP are given out pretty freely and devs often hand out new items and such I don't think this is likely to ever happen.

Momsboys
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Pleas read

Edit nevermind

oradafu
10-28-2011, 09:59 PM
We’re looking for players brave enough to face Challenges on Lamannia tomorrow, Saturday Oct 29th! Those who play the Challenges can receive treats for Lamannia and for their live characters too! Join myself and 404Error (And maybe other Devs) from 12:00 PM Eastern to- 4:00 PM Eastern as they hand out treats for good little adventurers! Here’s how it works:

But wait, there’s more…

See you there!

I'm wondering if could put a "challenge" out for the Devs when it comes to these reports. When the teams come in to report the scores, please make a note of each team's make up of classes. I'm sure there will be a major difference found in the all caster group or all FVS group vs hodgepodge groups. Also, if you do adjustments to the quests, make sure that it isn't detrimental to a class that didn't cause an extreme results. For example, the crack down on melees with the inflated HP and Fort in raids and Epics when FvS and casters are the ones soloing the content and the changes do little to nothing to their gameplay.

Shade
10-28-2011, 11:09 PM

But wait, there’s more…

See you there!

Very nice incentive to get ppl on lam to try the challenges, and a way to proove me wrong about not getting any grp feedback on the newly released ones.

I'll be there, and willl show you some crazy high scores.

Momsboys
10-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Well i might not be able to make it): is there going to be another one?

Mordrack
10-31-2011, 05:49 PM
I thought the winners were supposed to get their rewards today?

Seikojin
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, live rewards would always draw people into Lam. I wonder what people got.

Pfold
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, live rewards would always draw people into Lam. I wonder what people got.

Sorry to say but I haven't seen a reward (had 1565 score). This was expected though. pfft:mad:

DragonGray
11-02-2011, 05:52 AM
whens the next dev event?

danotmano1998
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM

But wait, there’s more…

See you there!

That's completely awesome! (And completely over, oh well.)
What are the chances of seeing something like this on the live server?
Or has that happened already as well and I just missed it like I did this one?

Pfold
11-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry to say but I haven't seen a reward (had 1565 score). This was expected though. pfft:mad:

Well I guess Wednesday is better than Friday. Got them today :)

11-04-2011, 12:25 PM
is there gonna be another event tomorrow? hopping there is gonna be one lol

chance2000
11-04-2011, 05:37 PM
With the update going live Wed I doubt we will be getting another event anytime soon.

11-04-2011, 06:37 PM
aww was hopping to TR tomorrow and get 20 bk ):

Momsboys
11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
NOOO! no event D: at least dont close the server down or do a toon wipe D:

plizpliz
11-05-2011, 04:44 PM
why kookiekobld why didnt you came:(

dragonsrpg1
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
bah you have too much left to test! you CAN NOT shut down LAM!!!!!!! its where people like me waste our time away! you wouldnt take that away would you /starts sobbing uncontrollably
on a different note.... please give us a rapid fire of U13 but make sure it GOOD!
ive seen lots of stuff bout how the new stuff doesnt give as much xp/min as some of the older stuff, and as much as people will hate this comment, there seems to be 2 choices with the upcomming updates...
lower the xp/min on some of the older stuff (BAD BAD BAD!!!!!)
give us some high xp/min on some new stuff! (GOOD GOOD GOOD!!!!!)

11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
sense theres a new patch does this mean we will be seeing another event for those coming on to test the fixed and new things