PDA

View Full Version : Are there any more Prestige enhancements being added this update yet?

Rallan
10-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Would be nice to see a few more ranks added to some classes, has been ongoing for a long long time :)

Diyon
10-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Would be nice to see a few more ranks added to some classes, has been ongoing for a long long time :)

They said this was a preview of a part of U12. I expect we'll see some soon. Personally, due to a particular dev comment, I think we'll be seeing Purple Dragon Knight for fighter.

Symar-FangofLloth
10-22-2011, 05:08 AM
I've not seen any new PrEs yet, but this isn't the whole update either, as has been said.

Zerkul
10-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Please give a boost to Kensais and Paladins ... Long forgotten from DEVs love, something good for normal quests and not only Stalwart/Defender Pre only good for boss tanking.

Ganak
10-22-2011, 06:04 AM
The plan was to see Ninja Spy III, Deepwood Sniper II and the FvS one in U9 or U10. Still waiting....

Asmodeus451
10-22-2011, 07:33 AM
They said this was a preview of a part of U12. I expect we'll see some soon. Personally, due to a particular dev comment, I think we'll be seeing Purple Dragon Knight for fighter.

what dev comment are you reffering to?

mystafyi
10-22-2011, 07:43 AM
PrE's are not for sale in the ddostore. therefore you wont see new ones.

Yazzira
10-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Please give a boost to Kensais and Paladins ... Long forgotten from DEVs love, something good for normal quests and not only Stalwart/Defender Pre only good for boss tanking.

/Signed

Mediterranean Powa!

Diyon
10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
what dev comment are you reffering to?

I forgot who it was, but it was a comment about how they were playing a sorc in U9, an artificer in U11, (maybe another thing in one of the other updates), and a two handed fighter in U12.

Looking at each entry except the U12 one, he was playing with the new PrE or Class appropriate to that update. Two handed fighter is very vague. Stalwart just got a work over so it can't be that. Kensai is finished and not exactly horrible, lol. So my guess is that this was a subtle hint at the last fighter PrE, Purple Dragon Knight. Either that, or there's going to be some cool new feats/fighter feats that a two handed fighter would make good use of.

dragonofsteel2
10-22-2011, 01:30 PM
My question is this pretsige enchancements on the ten year plan? Really how long is going to take them to finish work they started ages ago.

Jahmin
10-22-2011, 01:31 PM
The plan was to see Ninja Spy III, Deepwood Sniper II and the FvS one in U9 or U10. Still waiting....

^This

Really poor that in a half year they could not finish these off and get them launched…

Zachski
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
PrE's are not for sale in the ddostore. therefore you wont see new ones.

Incorrect.

The developers are not paid based on commission, they are paid a steady fee regardless of whether they're developing stuff for the DDOstore or stuff for the general populace.

Not to mention that new PrEs HAVE been coming out, so quite frankly, this statement is complete nonsense.

Valakai
10-24-2011, 05:20 AM
Heres to hoping they add the melee variant for FvS and some more Pre for Artificer. Having a whole rank I is just not cool.

These two are the ones I am waiting for most eagerly and going to be dissappointed if neither of these are going to be in the update. Well at least we have the shared plat bank.

LrdSlvrhnd
10-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I forgot who it was, but it was a comment about how they were playing a sorc in U9, an artificer in U11, (maybe another thing in one of the other updates), and a two handed fighter in U12.

Looking at each entry except the U12 one, he was playing with the new PrE or Class appropriate to that update. Two handed fighter is very vague. Stalwart just got a work over so it can't be that. Kensai is finished and not exactly horrible, lol. So my guess is that this was a subtle hint at the last fighter PrE, Purple Dragon Knight. Either that, or there's going to be some cool new feats/fighter feats that a two handed fighter would make good use of.

I believe it was MajMalphunktion in one of his weekly roundups.

Incorrect.

The developers are not paid based on commission, they are paid a steady fee regardless of whether they're developing stuff for the DDOstore or stuff for the general populace.

Not to mention that new PrEs HAVE been coming out, so quite frankly, this statement is complete nonsense.

Ah, but devs are paid to develop... what they're told to develop! Which means stuff for the DDO store!

Although it would be rather nice to see everybody with at least two tiers of three prestige lines. Artis are nice, but that time could've been better spent on Henshin Mystic, Purple Dragon, Deepwood Sniper II, a second (or even *gasp* THIRD!) barb line, third tier of bard lines, making Tempest III actually worthwhile, and I'm sure several other prestige lines I don't play and therefore don't care about. Really, how hard can it be to come up with and code something that wouldn't be game-breaking?

mystafyi
10-24-2011, 09:01 AM

its only nonsense to those that somehow think developers salaries are not paid by turbine, and turbine is not paid by revenue.

Lets put this into some context so maybe you will understand. When turbine took DDO F2P, they(turbine) indicated that their revenues went up 400%. Since we have no other data since that time, lets use their very old numbers. This means the vast majority of their revenue is from the ddostore.

Now, ask yourself why would turbine spend money developing products that doesnt generate much revenue? It already been proven that players will suffer through massive bugs, lag, poor customer service. There is very little reason to spend resources fixing anything that doesnt sell in the ddostore.

FranOhmsford
10-24-2011, 09:09 AM
OK - My wish list:

1. Deepwood III - II will do really
2. Radiant Servant III
3. Rogue Acrobat III
4. Warpriest/Exorcist
5. Another Barb PrE

GentlemanAndAScholar
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM

I'm looking for Acolyte of the Skin for sorcs. Though, I don't have my hopes up on that one.

richieelias27
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
its only nonsense to those that somehow think developers salaries are not paid by turbine, and turbine is not paid by revenue.

Lets put this into some context so maybe you will understand. When turbine took DDO F2P, they(turbine) indicated that their revenues went up 400%. Since we have no other data since that time, lets use their very old numbers. This means the vast majority of their revenue is from the ddostore.

Now, ask yourself why would turbine spend money developing products that doesnt generate much revenue? It already been proven that players will suffer through massive bugs, lag, poor customer service. There is very little reason to spend resources fixing anything that doesnt sell in the ddostore.

It is absolute nonsense because:

1. PrE's are never sold seperately from classes.
2. New/updated PrE's have been included in almost if not every update since they switched to FtP.

I'd say that pretty much completely invalidates your argument. Not to mention that your statement separating PrE's from revenue is... well, it lacks any logic whatsoever.

Symar-FangofLloth
10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
2. New/updated PrE's have been included in almost if not every update since they switched to FtP.

Half of them, give or take, not every.

mystafyi
10-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Half of them, give or take, not every.

iirc its been every odd numbered update. U11 had artificer class with a pre.

Thrudh
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Let me put my vote in that this needs to be a priority down the line. EVERY SINGLE UPDATE should have at LEAST one more PrE rank added...

Can we please finish them?

Ganak
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
EVERY SINGLE UPDATE should have at LEAST one more PrE rank added...

I certainly agree.

We have no way of knowing why PrC's have been so slow. Many different speculations are out there.

I'd suggest PrC's add greatly to the replay value of DDO, leading to better retention and more TP being spent in the store. While not directly purchased via the store, I'd argue PrC's help indirectly, yet importantly, with overall revenue.

We'd like to see more PrC's released! Dev's please champion this!