PDA

View Full Version : Add a ladder to end of VON4

Kaldaka
10-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Where the two fire elly's spawn please add a crucible maze like ladder to the lower level for those that fall to climb back up ...

Seen the quest fail cuz of one or two manning w/ hirelings etc because they fell off the ledge while fighting ... would at least help a bit ...

MRH
10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
imo

I would think just as in real life if you came up to a edge of a cliff or a high ledge.... you want to be very carefull so you don't fall off.....

same would apply in here. That fall should just outright kill you with no hope of getting back up.

never fell or seen a fall in the times i have ran it

/no to ladder quest is fine as it is

Kaldaka
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
That fall should just outright kill you with no hope of getting back up. ...

why would i take my feather fall off?

Xenostrata
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
imo

I would think just as in real life if you came up to a edge of a cliff or a high ledge.... you want to be very carefull so you don't fall off.....

same would apply in here. That fall should just outright kill you with no hope of getting back up.

In an ideal world, what he said: people should be taught caution. However, in a game with lots of lag and bugs, adding in a few safeguards couldn't hurt.

So, /signed.

Orratti
10-21-2011, 12:53 AM
I've fallen there before and you can jump back up to the top. Hirelings should be able to be called to you after you've moved on.

sirgog
10-21-2011, 01:01 AM
imo

I've fallen through that bridge before. So /signed to the OP.

MRH
10-21-2011, 01:15 AM
yes lag issues suck - didnt sound like it was lag issue.... they just fell off while fighting.

didn't know you could jump back up as I have never had to try....

just don't want to see quests with easy outs included in them.

The vale quest where they added the jets ...... might aswell add them everywhere then so we can easily get back to where we fell from.

Maybe we can make rainbow in the dark floor traps easier to get back to the ladder so your not taking damage walking through it.

See the list can go on and on about how to make things easier, lag issues aside, we just need to be more carefull.

Especially when we have run the quests over and over and know what to expect.

*** edit : maybe they can just add a wall or railing there where only way to fall off is to jump . Bridge issue is a whole other beast heheh ***

Memnir
10-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Where the two fire elly's spawn please add a crucible maze like ladder to the lower level for those that fall to climb back up
http://i.imgur.com/tm9fl.gif

Targonis
10-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Or you could do what many do, hope that someone in your party can get to the end to finish it in time, even if you die, you still get completion.

Kaldaka
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
The biggest problem I've seen is that the fire elly's hover over nothingness to fight you and if you try to inch closer to them to hit them with melee you could fall off. Has happened a couple times in runs I've seen, not sure why they fell off, bridge issues/fighting/lag/whatever but they did get completion so no big deal, and happened to me once when I solo'd the quest with a hireling, had to restart the whole thing, tried to hit the fire elly and thought I was further from the edge than I was, it was quite an annoying/frustrating waste of my time ...

Hobgoblin
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
the hob approves!

signed