PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Pet Bugged....becomes unresponsive seemingly at random.

MartinusWyllt
10-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Has anyone else noticed this?

Seems to happen consistently, just at random intervals. The pet will continue to follow and will go to mobs, but won't attack. It also won't pickup stones or manipulate levers. Sometimes it just stops at the last mob it interacted with and won't move. Also the tag <Pet of Soandso> will disappear, seems to coincide with the unresponsive condition.

It gets reset after dismissing/resummoning.

Edit: able to reproduce inactivity caused by using a cove summoning gem.

Mellifera
10-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Yeah I noticed mine doing the same thing last night. Really annoying.

Miasmark
10-18-2011, 07:07 AM
edit: d'oh, sorry. forgot to check which server this is on.

Sir_Noob
10-18-2011, 10:28 AM
It has happened to me on Argo...

I have noticed that it also happens if my pet uses a shrine.
However, if I do the log on log off thing he is fully responsive again.

MartinusWyllt
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
dismiss/resummon works to "reactivate" just wanted to be sure others were seeing this before bug reporting.

jingseng
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
happens most frequently after the pet is tripped; may occur whenever the pet is afflicted by a special animation status effect. You'll see it most often in, say, GH... your pet will be stuck in the "fell down tripped" animation pose, and floating in mid air... but moves about and will try to intimidate. but that's all it does. Likely linked to the recent patch that updated tripped animations for pets.

SockMonkey
10-20-2011, 03:08 PM
I tried a DoD for a while and it used to happen for a bit after the defiance proc'd

Pariahman
10-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I too have noticed this. But again, dismissal and resummoning does work. Thank god you can do that w/o penalties.

Edward_Deus
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
On Wayfinder, and I've run across a few instances where the dismiss/rebuild workaround hasn't fixed the problem.
I think you are right though, I have noticed that it has been after a 'special damage' attack affects the pet.

Also have seen it happen without any 'special attack' with multiple enemies attacking the dog. It seems to 'freeze' in mid attack and just stands there until it dies. This is when I've noticed the workaround sometimes not working to fix the problem.

All in all, I'd like to see a customizable script for hirelings and pets. Something along the lines of Baldur's Gate I/II would even be acceptable.

MartinusWyllt
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
I too have noticed this. But again, dismissal and resummoning does work. Thank god you can do that w/o penalties.

Sometimes it seems that resummoning fails with that "must rest before you do that again" or whatever..have to do a rebuild eventhough you dismissed the intact pet.

BigUruz
10-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I've noticed it happens mostly under two instances;
1) The Pet just hump-climbed its way up a ladder to get at an enemy
2) You used the follow command to get it to start moving again

As noted above, you can dismiss and resummon but doing so will remove all Buffs from the pet.

Stillwaters
10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
I've noticed it happens mostly under two instances;
1) The Pet just hump-climbed its way up a ladder to get at an enemy
2) You used the follow command to get it to start moving again

As noted above, you can dismiss and resummon but doing so will remove all Buffs from the pet.

I have had this bug many times recently (though i'm from Wayfinder) and dismiss/resummon does NOT always work about 20% of the time i need to logout/login and the problem sometimes still remains until exiting the quest, or occasionally upon dismissing/shrining, then summoning (where possible).

I have noticed both 1), and 2) above, the times that re-summon wont work the pet ALSO is floating a good couple of feet above the floor as if it didn't "Land" correctly after climbing a ladder or jumping to an enemy.

Getting furious over the waste of SP rebuffing the pet sometimes 2-3 times

EDIT: also the bug with docents needing to be removed and re-equipped to show docent color, and crafted modules needing to be unequipped then re-equipped when they fail to add the modules elemental damage is infuriating accounting for several minutes of wasted playtime (including rebuffing) each time the pet is summoned

Chimeran
10-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Ive been level 20 for weeks.
I stopped using this lame pet at level 16.
The pet is junk

Ryiah
10-24-2011, 12:16 AM
The pet is junk

The pet is useful as long as you're willing to sit there and babysit it. Same thing with the hirelings. But at that point the player is wasting a slot that could be put to better use.

Leadsides
10-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Also seeing this problem on Sarlona, and only after the last game patch. Happens every quest, multiple times. Dog gets frozen in an attack position and will no longer use attacks, although it will move and try to fight. I thought it was related to the 'follow' command, but I found that not to be true. Given no commands, the dog will do this at random. I've also noticed that at times the dog will stay in the location of the last enemy it was fighting even after the enemy is dead as if it's still aggro'd. Takes about 30 seconds before it resumes normal action. This could be related, but it's hard to say.

Dismissing the pet and re-summoning will clear the problem. I've not found anything else that will.

*Edit* Just realized this is the Lamannia forum. That's what I get for finding this thread with a search. However, the problem still applies to regular servers as I'm seeing others post here. I haven't seen another thread on this, so I'm leaving my post up.

MartinusWyllt
10-24-2011, 07:03 AM
This is behavior from the normal servers, I posted here because it is the only "Artificer Discussion" board and I wasn't sure if it was just me. I, too, see them stop at the last kill and sometimes recover and resume activity on their own other times they just stand there until given a new command. They *seem* to "lose interest" more frequently when they're ordered to defend another party member (on aggressive or defensive).

UniqueToo
12-28-2011, 08:46 PM
It's (mainly) caused by ladders. Happens every single time the pet uses one.

Simple fix: stop pets using ladders, make them tele when you get to the top/bottom.

Proof/Recreation: take one to windlasher village in vale.

By the way, resummoning is far from free. I buff my pet and most of my sp is wasted on this bug atm. Simply not good enough for the price we paid for this class.

Dagolar
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Has anyone else noticed this?

Seems to happen consistently, just at random intervals. The pet will continue to follow and will go to mobs, but won't attack. It also won't pickup stones or manipulate levers. Sometimes it just stops at the last mob it interacted with and won't move. Also the tag <Pet of Soandso> will disappear, seems to coincide with the unresponsive condition.

It gets reset after dismissing/resummoning.

Edit: able to reproduce inactivity caused by using a cove summoning gem.

This is a bug well known to the devs- or, at least, the times I've reported it they've responded stating as much.
This bug affects all creatures using the hireling AI system: Hirelings, Artificer Pets, and Summons; Though, strangely, the frequency of the last two being affected seems to have risen, lately.

It is not caused by ladders, or other obstacles. I've had it occur in any number of places: Smooth plains in Cerulean Hills, the fairly straightforward halls of Threnal (frequently), Searing Heights, Sands wilderness, any number of other quests and locations.

Looking at how it (doesn't) functions, it seems to be a combination of a targeting bug and an immobility bug. The main problem here is, its escalating complications:
At first, the creature can still be 'called' (hirelings) or resummoned. Then, a few times, only shrining or relogging fixes it. And then, you get a handful of times where the hireling or summon doesn't respond at all, stays LOCKED into the party, and only leaving the party and forming a new one will fix the problem. This seems to be far more persistent for hirelings than summons, however; Though, the frequency seems:
Quite a bit Higher for 'floating' summons: Djinn, Efreeti, etc.
Quite a bit Lower for 'teleporting' summons: Devils

As a general rule, getting the summon/pet killed fixes all but the party-lock bug.

(PS: It's been a while, but I believe the bug may have arisen with the implementation of arti pets, so there may be a connection there.)
(PPS: Ladders seem to screw with targeting and positioning, so they may dramatically increase the frequency.)

UniqueToo
01-04-2012, 04:12 AM
It is not caused by ladders, or other obstacles. I've had it occur in any number of places: Smooth plains in Cerulean Hills, the fairly straightforward halls of Threnal (frequently), Searing Heights, Sands wilderness, any number of other quests and locations.

There are other places it happens seemingly at random, but it definately happens on ladders - Every single time the dog climbs one.

Proof: Climb ladders in windlasher villages in vale. Watch bug. Resummon. Climb another ladder. Watch bug. Repeat as many times as you want, it will happen every time. Really great use of my sp on buffs.

Another bug. Dog vanishes from screen every time you exit the lower deck of a guild ship, it's still there - just invisible to you.

SisAmethyst
01-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Sadly the pets are bugged like crazy.

I am not sure its all that random. First of all you can 'see' if the pet is bugged if it looks like frozen, as usually it move slightly from one leg to the other. Most of the time I noticed this after mobs used certain spells like ray of enfeeblement or paralyzing effects ... or if they have to swim ... maybe its an oil leak or rust? :)

Maybe like jingseng said a combination of such a effect (trip, para, stun, ...) and the pet trying to intimi, trip in teh same time. Anyway it seems the pet sometimes not fully recover from those effects as I haven't noticed it happen without combat influence. Probably possible to try that out in the tavern brawl...

For the vanishing thing ... yes the pet doesn't really vanish, it is just not rendered correctly while others in a group still can see it and you even can hear and see it still attacking a training dummy ... this usually happen when switching between maps (e.g. upper deck and lower deck of boat, teleport in quests) ... as if the visible rendered dog is still in the other part while the active functionality switched with you.

A third phenomen is if you fixed the pet inside of a quest and then recall out. In this case the pet will stay inside of the quest, probably even keep the instance active. Problem here is that neither recalling the pet nor dismissing the pet works. Only possible solution to fix is to relog this character.

Last but not least the issues with docents and moduls either not working at all or just not show up visible after a relog.

Summa sumarum, except of crashing boxes and attacking the wrong targets (e.g. eating silver flame guards in the shadow crypt) the pets are most of the time non functional :) But I hope it gets fixed soon ...

RumbIe
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Definitely still bugged. Rolled an Arti the other day and it constantly stops attacking mobs even though I have "Attack" selected (Or aggressive.. What ever you call the sword icon for it's behavior). It also won't break boxes or pull levers. Resting seems to fix it or if I log and resummon it, but that is pretty annoying. I haven't seen a pattern of when it happens. It just does. One second he's attacking the next he's not. You can tell it's happening when it stops barking. In other words when I click an action for it I usually get a bark then it does the action. When I don't hear a bark I know it's in "lazy mode".

smatt
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Wait.... Is this your Arti dog or a PuG player? :D

Pank
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Ive been level 20 for weeks.
I stopped using this lame pet at level 16.
The pet is junk

I've seen a pet tank Jailor in ToD flawlessly. We we killed Judge, the arty jumped dpwn and called the dog. Priceless to see.
I' ve seen also ToD wipes because of a pet intiming Shadowmaster .... and shadows all at once.

Pets are great when used when where and how they help. Can be a PITA if not.