PDA

View Full Version : Import Build

BOgre
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Well, we know that the 'Paths' available at character creation are junk, and out of date, yes? And we know that Ron's planner pretty much rox, yes again? How about an 'Import Build' option in character creation that allows you to load up a Ron's Planner build, and use that instead of the in-game 'Paths'. All your feat/spell/enh selections are made in advance. Or, at the very least, Feats and Stat points, leaving Spells and Enh's up to you in-game at level-up time.

Grenada
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Only if I can upload them and anyone can access it. (that way the masses could be privy to forum approved builds)

BOgre
10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Only if I can upload them and anyone can access it. (that way the masses could be privy to forum approved builds)

I'm not sure I like where that idea is heading. Why impose 'Only's on it? The masses can be privy to forum approved builds now the way it is.

All I'm suggesting is a way to bring your build into the game so that one doesn't have to print off pages or Alt-tab to text files, or forget where you're heading... Import the path, let the game do the work.

R0cksteady
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
No way it'll happen. Turbine wants you to mess up so you can buy feat change/lesser hearts.

Grenada
10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure I like where that idea is heading. Why impose 'Only's on it? The masses can be privy to forum approved builds now the way it is.

All I'm suggesting is a way to bring your build into the game so that one doesn't have to print off pages or Alt-tab to text files, or forget where you're heading... Import the path, let the game do the work.

Sorry, when I said only I did not mean the idea has no merit unless this idea is incorporated. Your idea is pretty good. I just wanted to see another feature piggyback its way on yours. ;)