PDA

View Full Version : *Improving* Cove event



Airgeadlam
10-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Maybe this is gonna be followed by a cascade of rants and /not signed about easy buttons and so.. but...

Since you can get OP items at the cove with no effort... Why not adding some more stuff?

I mean, you have cavalry plate and duelist leather... why not some docents? You also got shortwords and scimitars for melees.. why not 2HF weapons?

Just and idea.

mobrien316
10-08-2011, 05:20 PM
If they are going to work on the Cove, I would rather they sit the kobolds down and firmly instruct them that if they stop walking the line they will be beaten until their skin comes off.

It's getting a bit tiresome when you lay out the torches and the kobolds appear to pick one at random and just stop there.

Xenostrata
10-08-2011, 05:24 PM
More Mabar items first.

Cove - Lots of decent, commonly usable items. Easy to make. BTA. Leads to me participating and making lots of stuff, even some just in case I roll a character who could use it later.

Mabar - Fewer items, ALL of them niche. Time consuming to make, and reasonably expensive. BTC. Because I have no PMs or Monks, I won't be joining in on Mabar except maybe a cursory examination of changes since last year.


So, yeah - more Mabar items first. It needs it much more.

Forgeborn
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
*Snip *
why not 2HF weapons?

Ratkiller looks like a two handed weapon to me, might be mistaking in it though, but doubt it.

also, agreed with Xenostrata, first bring mabar items up to par with cove items, for now cove doesn't need any love.

Airgeadlam
10-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Ratkiller looks like a two handed weapon to me, might be mistaking in it though, but doubt it.

also, agreed with Xenostrata, first bring mabar items up to par with cove items, for now cove doesn't need any love.

Well... I just said Cove because it was the actual event.. Don't matter to me if it's in cove or mabar or whatever. And.. yeah, Ratkiller is 2 handed.. but I find it so... mmm... crappy that didnt even bother with it.. lol.

Therigar
10-08-2011, 08:05 PM
There are a lot of things wrong with the Crystal Cove event right now that deserve work. Probably 90% of what is wrong was identified when Crystal Cove first appeared and hasn't changed one bit. The other 10% is a litany of new issues that developed because of general game ramp ups that had unexpected results or that exist because of intentional changes to the Crystal Cove code.

Examples of the former type: kobold pathing AI, inability to exchange gems for others of lower/higher types, inability to spend gold and silver doubloons, insane weight factors of doubloons (which are a type of monetary coin and which should, like plat, mystically weigh nothing by going into some sort of magical coin purse).

Examples of the later type: increased mob difficulty, kobold pathing (which was always a problem like all mob pathing, only made worse this time around due to whatever other changes to mob AI have been put into place since the last event).

One thing is constant. It does absolutely no good to mention these issues here in the forums. Turbine's staff doesn't take anything that is said here as the basis for actions to improve the game. They simply calculate that they know much better than the players and that every suggestion from the "peanut galleries" is, by definition, not worth consideration.

No, it makes no sense why there are no docent equivalents to the armors. My guess is that warforged never engage in piracy. No, it makes no sense why there are not different weapons. My guess is that Turbine's staff really doesn't have much of a clue about the tools used on a sailing vessel so doesn't give consideration to the needs to cut away rigging. No, it makes absolutely no sense at all that the only wand is class restricted to classes that already can use the spell and that there aren't any wands that are unrestricted and deal with pirate things like invisibility (to sneak into a port) or healing (to deal with wounds).

But, the entire nature of Turbine's development staff is one that doesn't make sense.

Trying to provide them with positive suggestions on how to improve the game and provide value to their customers based on what the players would like to have -- well, that has proven to make no sense at all either. Because, as we all know, Turbine doesn't and will not listen.

Therigar
10-08-2011, 08:09 PM
And.. yeah, Ratkiller is 2 handed.. but I find it so... mmm... crappy that didnt even bother with it.. lol.

It wouldn't have been crappy if Turbine had developed a quest line where it could actually be of use. But, given the number of mobs and places where you could actually get some use out of it. Yes, it is crappy.