PDA

View Full Version : Greater banes on Crafted Mabar wraps.

Tirisha
10-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Okay it looks like they almost fixed crafted wraps on lam:D though very quick testing shows something is off with the damage.

Here's a pic of me with my +5 holy silver threaded handwraps against sully:

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/Tirisha/ScreenShot00128.jpg

As you can see the lowest base damage I did was was 17. My Str score is 24 at the time for a base damage of 7, combine that with what I should have been getting from my wraps (+9 vs Lawful outsiders) and that creates a base of 16 damage, now a lv 20 monk does at least 2D10 damage so even rolling a 1 on both dice I would have a minimum of 18 base damage.

Something is still off, however I wanna give the devs props for making the crafted wraps manageable.

*sigh, edited:p*

ImFour20
10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
i just read the release notes and saw they said comp and enhance bonus stats with 'to-hit' with crafted wraps. and thought, man. . .i bet something is borked with the dmg rolls

B0ltdrag0n
10-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I dont see the issue OP.

Greater Bane Holy Silver +5
2d10+5+7(str) = 2d10 + 12

Not
2d10 +5+7(str)+4(GLOB)= 2d10+16

The +4 from the banes is only on your to-hit bonus.

redspecter23
10-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I was under the impression that the +4 bane bonus effected both attack and damage rolls on every weapon, though it appears that at least on crafted wraps, that is not applied. The description would lead me to believe that it should essentially be a +9 weapon against the appropriate monster type.

From the ddo wiki
"Effect: A bane weapon excels at attacking one type or subtype of creatures. Against that creature type, a this weapon's effective enhancement bonus is +4 better than its normal enhancement bonus. It also deals an extra 3d6 points of damage against the foe."

Mentions nothing about the enhancement bonus from bane applying only to attack rolls

Diyon
10-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I dont see the issue OP.

Greater Bane Holy Silver +5
2d10+5+7(str) = 2d10 + 12

Not
2d10 +5+7(str)+4(GLOB)= 2d10+16

The +4 from the banes is only on your to-hit bonus.

Bane weapons increase the weapon's enhancement bonus versus the appropriate enemy. A weapon's enhancement bonus affects to-hit and damage.

monsoon22
10-08-2011, 10:40 PM
The lower attack is most likely from your offhand attack, which has a lower damage add than your main weapon (basically your weaker hand so strength is a touch lower). Equip two kamas and it displays properly as equiping wraps only shows what your main would be. Part of the work around where wraps are a single "weapon" like a two hander but act like two seperate weapons in combat.

PS, bane adds to hit and damage, the math was good.

Therigar
10-08-2011, 11:14 PM
The lower attack is most likely from your offhand attack, which has a lower damage add than your main weapon (basically your weaker hand so strength is a touch lower). Equip two kamas and it displays properly as equiping wraps only shows what your main would be. Part of the work around where wraps are a single "weapon" like a two hander but act like two seperate weapons in combat.

This could be correct but should not be. Handwraps should give full STR bonus (which is the only damage type that would be lower) rather than half STR bonus as is the case with most TWF.

OTOH, it could be that the way the fix was implemented involved treating handwraps as two separate one-handed weapons and that this then triggers the normal TWF damage calcs and the half STR damage on off-hand attacks.

Marten
10-08-2011, 11:23 PM

The monk class is the only class that does not suffer off-hand strength loss when using wraps. My off-hand attack has the same to hit/damage as my main hand.

Tirisha
10-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Bane weapons increase the weapon's enhancement bonus versus the appropriate enemy. A weapon's enhancement bonus affects to-hit and damage.

This is correct.

Tirisha
10-09-2011, 12:17 AM
The monk class is the only class that does not suffer off-hand strength loss when using wraps. My off-hand attack has the same to hit/damage as my main hand.

also correct there are no 1/2 str attacks with wraps. (and no -2 twf penalty)