PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade +3 Tome from +2?

My2Cents
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm on a limited budget and there's no way I can afford the 3495 Turbine points for a +3 Tome.

If, however, there was some way I could spend say, 1000 TP for an "upgrade" so I could upgrade my character who has already used a +2 Tome I might be able to swing it. A long time ago I spent 2495 on that +2 Tome, so I'd like to see an upgrade path.

I'd also like to see programs for those of us on limited budgets, it's a market that I think ought to be addressed in addition to the current deep-pockets targeting.

Rumbaar
10-07-2011, 06:33 PM
3495 is the supreme +3 tome, individual ones are 895. Most likely need only to round out one stat.

Rawel_San
10-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm on a limited budget and there's no way I can afford the 3495 Turbine points for a +3 Tome.

If, however, there was some way I could spend say, 1000 TP for an "upgrade" so I could upgrade my character who has already used a +2 Tome I might be able to swing it. A long time ago I spent 2495 on that +2 Tome, so I'd like to see an upgrade path.

I'd also like to see programs for those of us on limited budgets, it's a market that I think ought to be addressed in addition to the current deep-pockets targeting.

I believe the f2p aspect along with getting TP's by favor farming does in many ways address the market you speak
of. Particularly since the game is free to play once you have all/most adventure packs.

My2Cents
10-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I believe the f2p aspect along with getting TP's by favor farming does in many ways address the market you speak
of. Particularly since the game is free to play once you have all/most adventure packs.

You're right, it does to some degree, but I'm not entirely sure there isn't room for improvement. Both the amount of effort required doesn't provide "an even playing field" and the constant reminder that the game caters best to those who have the most $$$ negates some of the reasons that group of people would want to be here in the first place. It will tend to make a certain group feel more welcome elsewhere, diluting the player community.

And how long, going pure F2P, would it take to get most adventure packs and have enough for this item?

I still think an upgrade item would be a good idea. I have a main that used a +2 and I would love to just have to pay 1095 to get the benefits of +3. Even if finances were not an issue I woudn't want to put it on a character that is already +2 but at 1095 I would seriously consider it.

thewarleader
10-09-2011, 02:43 PM
The thing I'm wondering though is if it would be worth to spend the 3k points on all stats. I've been contemplating on wether to get the +3 to all stats or not get it at all. Also I still haven't made a decision so I wondered if anyone would mind inputting their opinion?

redspecter23
10-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Part of me is wondering which grind would be faster. TP favor grinding to 900 TP or running raids until a +3 tome drops? It doesn't really help right now with the limited time offer, but it's just something ironic I was just thinking as I was reading this thread

Dendrix
10-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Part of me is wondering which grind would be faster. TP favor grinding to 900 TP or running raids until a +3 tome drops?

TP favor grinding is 10-100 times faster.

herzkos
10-18-2011, 06:32 AM
though i am a huge proponent of the premium method of playing this game:
I do not think they should sell "cheap" upgrades to supreme tomes.

1. as stated by an above poster, you don't likely need an additional +1
to each stat. it's probably going to be a waste of limited assets.

2. tinstaafl. Turbine is in business to make money, so it doesn't make
any economic sense to have a "level playing field" between players on
a limited budget versus those who . . . wait a minute, who is on an
unlimited budget for this game anyway?

3. for a vip to get a +3 supreme tome (3495 points iirc) that is 7 months
of their bonus points. uhhuh, it should take one whole lot of grinding to
get it for "free". On the other hand, 1000 points for an upgrade would be
a 2 month wait versus a much shorter grind. seems to me that it's a wash.

if it bothers you that much, you should probably use some of the time you
spend playing this game doing some other activity (that increases that limited budget).

MRH
10-18-2011, 06:48 PM
NO to upgrades in store of any kind.

If you had enough for the +2.... then you could have just not bought the +2 and ran favor to get tp's till you have enough for whatever you want.

you have 2 chars per server for f2p, run one char to 100 favor on each server, rinse repeat, rinse repeat...... lots of free points.

Buy what you can if you need it........ save up for things you would love more than what you have.

/NOT SIGNED