PDA

View Full Version : Removing Inactive Characters From Lotteries

AmatsukaIncarnate
10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Just like how there's an "inactive" status for characters in a guild, how about something similar for the lottery?

If your character is "inactive" or hasn't logged in for over 30 days, remove them from the lottery. Or just set a toggle to remove them from the lottery and subsequent lotteries (and of course a toggle to put them back in lotteries!)

I'd like to be able to press "Select All" and it will select the toons that I actually play. (I have lots of characters spread across the servers from favor farming and don't really have any intention playing on anymore...) Its rather annoying to have to individually press the characters you play on and also, this way, the lottery can go to more active characters which I think is more beneficial.

Failedlegend
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
/Signed

This is annoying to me as well as theres a large handful of toons on MYDDO that don't actually exist and sometimes I forget to uncheck one or two and they've won before and the item just goes to no one cause they dont actually exist

AmatsukaIncarnate
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
/Signed

This is annoying to me as well as theres a large handful of toons on MYDDO that don't actually exist and sometimes I forget to uncheck one or two and they've won before and the item just goes to no one cause they dont actually exist

True!
I have a deleted character that seems to win lotteries fairly often...heh

brian14
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Same here. I deleted Coinspinner (of Cannith) months ago, and his name is still in lotteries.

Failedlegend
10-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Same here. I deleted Coinspinner (of Cannith) months ago, and his name is still in lotteries.

Hehe thats nothing my Lvl 17wiz/2rogue that i made in early 2009 still shows as a Lvl 1Rogue of the same name with completely different stats,etc.

Falco_Easts
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
The best idea I have heard in regard to this is a full purge and characters only re-added after first logout.

Failedlegend
10-06-2011, 08:48 PM
The best idea I have heard in regard to this is a full purge and characters only re-added after first logout.

I'd be in favor of a purge of the Myddo database. Actually I'm curious why Turbine HASN'T done this

Jasparion
10-06-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd be in favor of a purge of the Myddo database. Actually I'm curious why Turbine HASN'T done this

Lazy or dont care. Or lazy and dont care.

Failedlegend
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Lazy or dont care. Or lazy and dont care.

Thats a little judgmental...if a single dev did things just to spite the players turbine would fire them.

I work Tech support and I know what it feels like for customers to think your somehow holding back the "Magic" fix from them. Either that or they think we turned their TV off just for giggles.

AmatsukaIncarnate
10-07-2011, 02:24 PM

Meh. I find MyDDO to be helpful...not in looking up people who hit my LFMs but to check out my own characters and moving around equipped items and such.

In any case, back to the original topic, the first logout suggestion would just push the problem back and the same things will happen again in the future.

The idea I suggested can be sustained without any kind of "purge" that would have to happen every year or so.

umeannothing
10-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Honestly, it is beyond just EXTREMELY pathetic that a company this size is incapable of updating it's databases with current facts, AT LEAST once a month, but the fact that when they send lottery winnings to deleted characters on an account, and it is brought up in the forums, NOTHING is done to offer an actual existing character the won lottery. It isn't unclaimed, Turbine just pretends it is. Since most of us know when our deleted characters win. (a kind email sent to the primary email address on the account stating that x/ deleted character won a lottery, but they have been deleted so we sent the winnings to the last logged in character on the account of xxxxx/server name here would be really nice.)

Or, possibly, just purge the databases, and strop using an outsourced system for myddo!

I bet if they had to send out a monthly paper copy of a bill any and all players owed, then they would be spot on with that!

Crazeee
03-09-2012, 04:19 AM
I like this idea, but I think it would be even better to have another checkbox next to each character to select if you want him/her for lottery or not, similar to the "public" setting.

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I don't understand this. I have to place my own characters into the lottery manually (and have never won anything so far), and they are automatically out when the lottery is over.

Maybe this has something to do with being F2P ?

theodin
03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
/signed

Nothing worse than having a character that was deleted 3 years ago win a True Heart o' Wood,

Kil

Cauthey
03-09-2012, 08:42 AM
If you browse with Firefox, you can install the Greasemonkey plugin, and leverage Backley's Greasemonkey scripts to accomplish exactly that - selectively remove characters/servers that you do not wish to see results for, or that you do not wish to enter into the lotteries:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=322786

I've tweaked the script to only enter lotteries on Orien, Khyber, and Thelanis. Though, I should probably abandon Khyber too, as I really don't play there.