PDA

View Full Version : Guild accountability for Guild Leaders

Tirisha
09-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Allow guild leaders to view which characters in guild are from the same account. (maybe a sort button that groups toons together based on account).

Allow guild leaders to view which guild members are considered active (or inactive).

KainLionheart
09-30-2011, 03:51 AM
If it is possible to do, this would be a brilliant feature.

Neverwinterer
09-30-2011, 04:03 AM
/signed

Maybe a little mark on all the characters from the same account when you select one would be easy to do. And would greatly improve the management of the guild.

Ashbinder
09-30-2011, 04:23 AM
Also the option to sort member accounts by total renown contribution, renown per hour and total hours active per week.

...what?

Okay, maybe not, but for the OP's original suggestion, /signed.

gerardIII
09-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Let's beat on the dead horse ... again.

/not signed

Sorting the list of members by account, yes, but why for the guild leader only?

Cogdoc
09-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Also the option to sort member accounts by total renown contribution, renown per hour and total hours active per week.

...what?

Okay, maybe not, but for the OP's original suggestion, /signed.

Heavy Raiding guild looking for new members but only if you take your role seriously and can commit to do raids at least 5 nights/week (preferably 7 nights/week), plus the daily quest/preparation/consumable farming. You also have to be active in game during the day, and on our forums. If you cannot keep to our schedule you will be kicked and/or your DKP will be nullified.

This is serious business.

Cogdoc

lhidda
09-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Yes please.

Yes please.

Silverwren
09-30-2011, 07:33 AM
An old subject, rehashed. We've been practically begging for this and a few other tools to assist in managing guilds for some time now.

Um, because he/she is the guild leader and ultimately decides who stays and who goes? I dunno, was that a trick question? I know in our guild the leader is shelling out real $$ to keep the guild happy and healthy, and in my book that makes him the only one qualified to make almost all the decisions regarding the guild and what happens in it and to it.

OverlordOfRats
09-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Um, because he/she is the guild leader and ultimately decides who stays and who goes? I dunno, was that a trick question? I know in our guild the leader is shelling out real $$ to keep the guild happy and healthy, and in my book that makes him the only one qualified to make almost all the decisions regarding the guild and what happens in it and to it.

Why everybody?

If you are new to a guild or in a large guild, it would make finding people easier.

Example:

Last night you ran with character A and had a blast. Today character A is not on. Sort by account and see that they are on character C today and looking for a party.

Tirisha
09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Let's beat on the dead horse ... again.

/not signed

could be officers and guild leader, I don't think it's too important that more than 1 person in the guild should have this information it just seems like something a Guild leader should really have access too.

redspecter23
09-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I'd like it if everybody could associate any given toon with all the toons on that account. Perhaps a way to "tag" a player's account so for instance, say I call a player by the name "Bob" regardless of which toon he's on. Let me tag him with that name so on the guild list I'd see him listed as:

Jack Awesomesauce (Bob)
Billy Dude (Bob)
Leroy (Bob)
Bob (Bob)

It would make it much easier to figure out who you're talking to if a person has a pile of alts. Also in the case where you need to remove a member entirely, it should simplify that, especially if a "sort by account name" option is added as well. Maybe that name could even be added to the chat window as well but that's just the cherry on top.

Gkar
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Allow guild leaders to view which characters in guild are from the same account. (maybe a sort button that groups toons together based on account).

Allow guild leaders to view which guild members are considered active (or inactive).

This shouldn't be limited to guild leaders, but I agree a feature to sort by account would be VERY valuable.

Whitehairguy
09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd be happy with just a button to see who's online. In larger guilds with a million alts, it's tedious to go through an entire list of people to see who's around and who isn't.

Dysmetria
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
As noted in multiple other threads on this topic, there are various reasons some players do not want others to know all the characters on their account.

If you really want to know who someone's alts are, ask them. If they want you to know, then they will surely tell you.

I'd be happy with just a button to see who's online. In larger guilds with a million alts, it's tedious to go through an entire list of people to see who's around and who isn't.You can sort your guild list by who is online or not.

redspecter23
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd be happy with just a button to see who's online. In larger guilds with a million alts, it's tedious to go through an entire list of people to see who's around and who isn't.

There is actually an option to sort by online/offline. It will put all the online members at the top of the list. It's the first button I click on the guild tab when I log in if it isn't sorted that way right off.

Whitehairguy
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I'll be damned. Thank you very much.

There is actually an option to sort by online/offline. It will put all the online members at the top of the list. It's the first button I click on the guild tab when I log in if it isn't sorted that way right off.

redspecter23
09-30-2011, 12:53 PM
As noted in multiple other threads on this topic, there are various reasons some players do not want others to know all the characters on their account.

If you really want to know who someone's alts are, ask them. If they want you to know, then they will surely tell you.

Fair enough. Have an option to remain anonymous I suppose. I guess I can't think of a reason why someone in guild would want to hide his other alts that are also in the same guild from his guildmates. Just because I can't think of a good reason, doesn't mean that player doesn't have his own reason so just let each person opt out by default. I don't mean this next part to be vicious at all, but if one of my guildies was hiding his alt status from people in guild, I'd think he'd probably get the boot by the leader at some point.

Arwitch
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Click on the "online" heading at the top of the list. It will sort the list starting with who's online. I think it's called online, it's on the far right at the top of the guild list.

Edit: damn, too slow :p

Daedalis
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
have a hi-archery - main character and then have the alts for that character underneath. like a file structure.

+Daedalis - main
- Hamhock - alt
- Blitzcreag - alt
- MonsterTurkey - alt

something like that...and the one that is signed in can be in green and the others in red. Not sure what would be involved but could make finding people faster

Lagin
09-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Myddo is one way to find out about accounts

I believe myddo will show last completion, so thats another avenue

Qzipoun
09-30-2011, 01:16 PM

I can see how #1 might be 'hard' to implement (ie not flipping a switch) but #2 is an absolute MUST.

My guild's 'size' randomly yo-yos every couple of days with NO change in who's only (ie size X before I go to bed, size X+1 in the morning when no one logged in since I did). This must be because active ACCOUNTS are in the guild through inactive CHARACTERS (mules etc...) .... #2 would solve this issue -.-

/sigh'ned

Seamonkeysix
09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
/signed.

I am in a rather large guild. People make new alts or play alts I am not familiar with all the time. It would be nice to know that "Leroy" and "Bob" are the same person. :)

Maybe it could be linked to your "Main" that you designate.

Chai
09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
http://archuletafanscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Make-It-So-776665.jpg

Osharan_Tregarth
09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
This shouldn't be limited to guild leaders, but I agree a feature to sort by account would be VERY valuable.

If they ever get guild ranks working, I'm tempted to assign every member a rank that is their main's name.

Kinda a weird workaround, but as long as they don't truncate the number of allowable ranks, should be good.

Musouka
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I'd only sign this if it was available to the whole guild. You don't need to see alt characters that are not in the guild, but only the ones that are in the guild.

Also, inactive vs. active can be determined by the last played column.

And someone else suggested seeing renown contribution, which I say a big NO to.

mournbladereigns
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
LAME, I was hoping this was a post for the option to vote out your current guild leaders. Or maybe auto-sanction another guild for being jerks. or maybe a way to to put a renown bounty on another guild to reduce their level, Guild Wars!

instead its a just another guild gestapo feature request:)

countfitz
09-30-2011, 04:29 PM
/signed, but only if it applies to everyone. I like it more as a tool to see who is online from my guild that I know. It's just good for everyone, why keep it secret? And the coding should be easier that way too!

gloopygloop
09-30-2011, 05:29 PM
I think that being able to see who contributed how much renown over the past week/month/career/etc. would be a very bad idea.

I think that being able to sort the guild list by account and see active/inactive status would be a great idea.

/signed on the OP.

Chrasch
09-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Heavy Raiding guild looking for new members but only if you take your role seriously and can commit to do raids at least 5 nights/week (preferably 7 nights/week), plus the daily quest/preparation/consumable farming. You also have to be active in game during the day, and on our forums. If you cannot keep to our schedule you will be kicked and/or your DKP will be nullified.

This is serious business.

Cogdoc

Hey! This is a suggestions forum! You want to recruit then go to the forum that is specifically titled RECRUITMENT!

Musouka
09-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey! This is a suggestions forum! You want to recruit then go to the forum that is specifically titled RECRUITMENT!

Sarcasm just fell over laughing just now.

WHOOOOOSHHH!

Taters214
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM

Agreed. I have many alts and there are times I play them expressly because I don't want other guildies to know it's me. I'm sure many of us know that one guildie, who, if she knows we're on, will want to chat our ears off instead of letting us *gasp* play the game. In that case we have to (rudely in my opinion) tell the person that we're in a quest and can't talk or just ignore the multiple tells. I'd rather not have to do either, so it's easier just to play an alt. And there are days when I don't feel like being social, honestly. So playing an alt and nobody knows it's me is just much easier. This is one reason I don't name all my toons with a similar part in common (Bradley, Bradlinton, Bradwon, etc. for instance).

For guild management, the leader at least (if not officers also) should be able to see all toons linked to an account.

Being able to see renown contribution, hours played per day, etc. is not a good idea. I can see it leading to problems just like other players being able to see all our hitpoints now sometimes does.

Gkar
09-30-2011, 06:44 PM

You've never given a reason that made any sense that I've seen.

redspecter23
09-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Agreed. I have many alts and there are times I play them expressly because I don't want other guildies to know it's me. I'm sure many of us know that one guildie, who, if she knows we're on, will want to chat our ears off instead of letting us *gasp* play the game. In that case we have to (rudely in my opinion) tell the person that we're in a quest and can't talk or just ignore the multiple tells. I'd rather not have to do either, so it's easier just to play an alt. And there are days when I don't feel like being social, honestly. So playing an alt and nobody knows it's me is just much easier. This is one reason I don't name all my toons with a similar part in common (Bradley, Bradlinton, Bradwon, etc. for instance).

For guild management, the leader at least (if not officers also) should be able to see all toons linked to an account.

Being able to see renown contribution, hours played per day, etc. is not a good idea. I can see it leading to problems just like other players being able to see all our hitpoints now sometimes does.

If I don't want to talk to someone in guild I either just plainly say that I'm busy and can't talk or I just pretend that I'm afk ;) I guess your reason is good though. It doesn't have to be a reason I personally agree with. It would be something for your guild to handle. I know in our guild every once in a while someone will log on and nobody seems to know who they are. If asked, they simply tell us and we go about our business as usual. Typically it's just a new reroll or an old toon coming off the shelf. I can't imagine the awkwardness if that person was asked who their alts were and the response was "I'm not telling you because I don't want people knowing who I am". That might be fine for some guilds and that's cool, but that would not be acceptable in my guild. That would be grounds for a booting if they were serious and not joking.

Tirisha
10-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I believe myddo will show last completion, so thats another avenue

right but can't people go annon on my ddo? they can even do it per character I believe.

On a side note: I do agree with those of you who think this info shouldn't be limited to the GL. I believe it should at the very least be available to the GL.

Dysmetria
10-01-2011, 10:00 AM
You've never given a reason that made any sense that I've seen.Tho none of the reasons have "made any sense" to you, they make perfect sense to the developers, which is why they have ignored these suggesgtions for years now. Your understanding or lack thereof is irrelevant.