PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Supreme cleave questions

Ryan220
09-30-2011, 01:28 AM
I was in the CC last night with some guildies using my L20 Barb. I dont often use my Barb as hes prety much a Shroud farmer.

During the quest I forgot I was on my Barb and tried to haste myself (my current running toon is a Bard) and this happens to be the supreme cleave button for my Barbarian. So I spin around and dished out a hearty amount of damage to everyone one around me.

So I start spamming it and it seems to do very well and Im very please with the results.

I do have a couple of questions though - Id been down the pub and my memories a bit vague

1) the only info I can find on Supreme Cleave suggests its still broken - is this true as it seemed ok to me

2) there didnt seem to be a cool down on it

3) does it give glancing blows - i think it did but i might have been seeing double

4) does it produce critical hits

5) when used with Frenzy and Death Frenzy do you suffer 10HP damage for the cleave and then 2d3 for every mob you hit in the spin.

Thank you in advance for your replies

Malky
09-30-2011, 01:58 AM
1) the only info I can find on Supreme Cleave suggests its still broken - is this true as it seemed ok to me
It has been improved a few update ago

2) there didnt seem to be a cool down on it
There's no special cooldown except the global cooldown you have for all hotbar actions & spells, prolly to compensate the cost in HPs

3) does it give glancing blows - i think it did but i might have been seeing double
Hmm afaik it should give glancing blows yes

4) does it produce critical hits
Yes

5) when used with Frenzy and Death Frenzy do you suffer 10HP damage for the cleave and then 2d3 for every mob you hit in the spin.
Yes, note that iirc both supreme cleave and frenzies are affected by dongeon scaling so in a full group you're hurting yourself more than solo/duo.

Ryan220
09-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Hello, thank you for the reply.

Im not sure what you mean in Q5 though

I thought that both Frenzy and Death Frenzy both gave 1d3 incoming vicious damage each - 2d3 when you have both running.

Is this affected by scaling?

Malky
09-30-2011, 03:10 AM
Just tested to check : solo in a low level harbor quest supreme cleave was hitting me for 9 dmg, so it looks like dongeon scaling does affect the self-dmg part in some way. And you're getting a glancing blow except if you cleave while running, which makes sense.

Yes frenzy self-damage is affected by dongeon scaling : solo you're seeing a lot of 1 & 2 dmg, but (i think) never 3 dmg. In a full group you're seeing a normal 1d3 dmg (average 2).