PDA

View Full Version : Instance reset and hirelings...

Qaliya
09-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Could someone explain to me how this works, especially for wilderness areas?

My understanding is that normally you must wait five minutes for the instance to reset, but there's some (legal?) trick where if you're using a hireling (which I normally do) it resets immediately?

Also, while on the subject of wilderness areas, are some rare items more rare than others? I've gotten three items from Menechtarun so far, two of which were coronation shields.

Thanks. :)

DemonMage
09-26-2011, 05:55 AM
It doesn't work anymore. You used to be able to summon a hireling, creating a party and when you left the area your party disbanded, so you were assigned a new instance on trying to enter an area. Now you're still assigned your old instance.

Qaliya
09-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks.

Hokiewa
09-26-2011, 06:44 AM
It doesn't work anymore. You used to be able to summon a hireling, creating a party and when you left the area your party disbanded, so you were assigned a new instance on trying to enter an area. Now you're still assigned your old instance.

Uh no. Sands for example. Go into wiz-king, summon hireling, dismiss hireling(this is only personal pref), re-enter sands. Instance is reset.

tfangel
09-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Happens to me still when i use a hireling. Annoyingly it happened when i was 3/4 a way through a long quest and got stupid. :P Died, recalled, quest was now new.

Spoprockel
09-26-2011, 06:50 AM
What you can do to avoid those 5 minutes is to step into a quest, summon a hireling and step back out.

Instance reset.

Bahgs
09-26-2011, 07:00 AM
It should be remembered, though, that the hireling timer will continue to run while you are in a wilderness setting, whether he is out or no. The only time the timer pauses is in a city.

So, expect to eat up some non-zero amount of plat with this trick. Keeping a stack of level 1 hires would be the cheapest way if you plan on doing this extensively.