PDA

View Full Version : you will say i m crazy --- Khopesh

aennae
09-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Well while doing the attack on the mino fort in lord plaze (on normal solo) i tested a khopesh (+4 with increase threat range)
i get a -4 penalty on it. Despite my penalty it did better damage than my maces and swords, much much better.

Wondering if anyone has been crazy enough to get khopesh proeficiency on a cleric ;-) -- or a figher --

IBCROOTBEER
09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
khopesh is actually the preferred dps weapon in the game ... it has a clear dps lead over all the other weapons (except epic SoS) ... your findings are not surprising to most, but kudos to you for finding out for yourself :)

brickwall
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
khopesh's are shizbamnizzle guess u never got the memo.

Alex301
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
The lack of weapon proficiency results in -4 to your attack bonus and doesn't affect your damage but yes, khopeshes are the best single handed weapons for most targets.

Maces and swords are also pretty poor weapons. Scimitars would be the next best weapons and don't require a feat.

wigthemaster
09-23-2011, 08:29 PM
The lack of weapon proficiency results in -4 to your attack bonus and doesn't affect your damage but yes, khopeshes are the best single handed weapons for most targets.

*anything at or under ~50% fort, then it's all pretty even...

Alex301
09-23-2011, 08:31 PM
*anything at or under ~50% fort, then it's all pretty even...

Indeed, it's mostly about base damage after that but there are far fewer targets with 50+% fortification making khopeshes the best all round weapons for most people.

Arianrhod
09-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Sure, the khopesh is great, but that doesn't mean you have to spend a feat on it. If you're a cleric, you have a pretty small number of feats, and most clerics prefer to play to their strengths (heavy on the caster feats, not so much on the melee). If you design the character to be a self-buffing, self-healing meleer, khopesh feat might make sense (maybe), but if you're just meleeing till you come into your true casting power, it just means one more dragonshard you'll have to come up with when you hit the level where your khopesh is irrelevant to you ;)

Miow
09-24-2011, 08:06 AM
i like my dwarven axes