PDA

View Full Version : "Hide content I don't own" for quest list.

Urist
09-23-2011, 04:10 PM
As a non-VIP, when I look at the quest list ("p"), I see lots of grey items. Are they p2p? Are they part of a chain? Are they hiding in some dark corner of a tavern? Are they bugged and just not yellow? I can't tell.
Sure, the "location" on the tooltip is useful sometimes, when they're in an obvious p2p zone, but it just saying "House Frootloop" doesn't help me any.
Then it gets even worse when I buy a bunch of packs on sale, and then forget which ones I own. >_>

So I'm suggesting to have a "hide content I don't own" toggle for the quest list, just like the one in the grouping list.

At least then I'd know which areas I still need to go check the nooks and crannies of.

Gnorbert
09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
While I don't disagree with your suggestion... I think Turbine is more keen to constantly remind you that there are many quests you don't own since they want you to buy them.

Maybe add a little lock symbol on the far right of the line in the log to show quests that are locked to you.

Urist
09-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Maybe add a little lock symbol on the far right of the line in the log to show quests that are locked to you.
That works too. And gives the opportunity for such an icon to be another of those "buy it now!" buttons that Turbine are so fond of, for better or worse.
Aesthetically, I'd personally put it on the far left though. Doubly so if it becomes a button, given the proximity it would otherwise have to the scrollbar.

Dexxaan
09-23-2011, 04:39 PM
I´d be VERY happy if the LFM´s that advertise quests not owned (P2P and non-purchased modules) be Grayed out and don´t even allow a "tell" function.

Few things are as annoying as someone filling your group and once everyone is ready 1 or 2 drop because " oh it´s not F2P?" --- Then you post another LFM and filter the begeesuz of the next poor soul that applies.

Do it Turbine, give those of us that pay a monthly fee, less reasons to feel like we are being tossed in the same pot as F2P´rs.

-Nismu-
09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
but there is already huge buy now sign top of quest info as long party maker has bothered to put the quest instead just writing it to text part.

Zipwire
09-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Then it gets even worse when I buy a bunch of packs on sale, and then forget which ones I own. >_>

I was in the same position and had the same thoughts as you when I bought packs and then was away from the game for a bit. It is especially bothersome when the leader does not put the quest in, it's only listed in the text box and often with abbreviations. Not so easy for a player with a new pack purchase and not familiar with it yet.

I personally believe it is done on purpose because they only want players experienced with the quest to run with and that is their choice. It is an effective filter. But checking the quest would definitely erase many doubts players have whether or not they can run it.

I found a work around but it is certainly not as simple as you suggest but works just the same.

Open the DDOStore, click button to show all items.
Search Adventure Packs - Packs you own will show up with red text saying you are unable to buy it.

I also have the Adventure Pack List from the DDOWiki bookmarked to reference which are the quests in that pack.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

I hope this helps until any changes are made. :)

As for those who pay a monthly fee, which I am one of them, were to post a lfg with the quest inserted and p2p in the text box you may have less tells or annoyances and not feel in the same pot as the f2p. Especially since the bug with "Buy Now" in lfm was fixed. By the way, what pot are the premium players in?