PDA

View Full Version : Scaling UI

AnYtHiNg23
09-23-2011, 09:09 AM
With all the recent threads on the new UI, as well as a poll about it, I thought I'd throw in another suggestion.

Scaling UI.

Now, that horrid "W" game has it and I'd love to see something similar here.

Recently, my beloved 5 year old Dell Laptop died (yes, 5 years), but was originally designed for graphic design, so had a reasonable graphics card in it - I could get a res of 1900x1200 (something like that) combined with BlackBird Skin, looked awesome - but sadly, no more.

My new Laptop - an all singing, all dancing HD number - sadly only goes up to 1366x768. The game looks absolutely beautiful in HD with everything turned up to Very High - apart from the UI - which look looks awful, huge blocks that take up most of my screen - kinda destroys the beauty of the rest of the game.

What I'd like to see is a scale bar where you can set the size of your UI to a % - I'd probably drop mine down to 50% of original size.

Having had a quick scan of the UI forums, I can see that most people are asking for the UI to be bigger (for those with vision issues), but I'd like mine to be smaller! (perhaps I'm a minority!?)

Seeing as you are currently asking us, the players about your UI, I'd thought I'd throw this old bone back out there again.

Thoughts?

merentha
09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Funny I just posted about this yesterday.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=343168

AnYtHiNg23
09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
You had no replies as well...

Perhaps it's just us two, we are the minority!