PDA

View Full Version : Could we get a ship board PvP pit

cdemeritt
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Before everyone freaks, please hear me out....

Not looking for PvP... But I do use the pit/arenas to test effects and gear... However, the Public pits have a lot of restrictions on magics... making them rather hard to judge effectiveness of spells, and such...

If a private, no holds barred shipboard PvP pit were available, where I could use AoE, and other such spells... It would make testing changes/spells easier in a controlled manner.

Being Private, if a guildie does something horrible to you there... are they really your friend? and people sumbling in would know it is no holds barred vs the limited of a general pit....

could also add for say a tier II pit, various "mobs" to test verse... kinda like the danger room Xmen use... (ouchie, I can fell the flames for that one already..)

Musouka
09-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Before everyone freaks, please hear me out....

Not looking for PvP... But I do use the pit/arenas to test effects and gear... However, the Public pits have a lot of restrictions on magics... making them rather hard to judge effectiveness of spells, and such...

If a private, no holds barred shipboard PvP pit were available, where I could use AoE, and other such spells... It would make testing changes/spells easier in a controlled manner.

Being Private, if a guildie does something horrible to you there... are they really your friend? and people sumbling in would know it is no holds barred vs the limited of a general pit....

could also add for say a tier II pit, various "mobs" to test verse... kinda like the danger room Xmen use... (ouchie, I can fell the flames for that one already..)

There is a very controlled area for this, it's called the challenge system in PvP already. Just challenge the guinea pig, and you will be teleported to a separate instance where every spell is usable, and you will be just with this person. There you go, problem solved.

cdemeritt
09-22-2011, 12:47 AM
There is a very controlled area for this, it's called the challenge system in PvP already. Just challenge the guinea pig, and you will be teleported to a separate instance where every spell is usable, and you will be just with this person. There you go, problem solved.

maybe so, but that would mean I'd have to go into a tavern... I'd rather just go to my boat...

mondo
09-22-2011, 12:52 AM
They cant even figure out whats wrong with CC, Mabar is trying to spawn in Deleras, and beholders are running loose in the marketplace.

Something tells me they couldnt possibly get this right

Silverwren
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
maybe so, but that would mean I'd have to go into a tavern... I'd rather just go to my boat...

Unless you were someplace, like the Orchard, that didn't have an airship portal. Then you'd still have to hoof it to a portal. What would the difference be?

I'd rather it stay in taverns and off our airship.

cdemeritt
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Unless you were someplace, like the Orchard, that didn't have an airship portal. Then you'd still have to hoof it to a portal. What would the difference be?

I'd rather it stay in taverns and off our airship.

That might be the difference... I want to avoid taverns, especially the ones with PvP... I have a tavern, a bank, a auction house, and a mailbox on my ship... one stop convenience.... This would just be an additional convenience.

Just because it is available, doesn't mean your guild has to buy it... I don't believe (mostly) in ship buff, so I don't buy them... or you have to use it.

dkyle
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Ship-board PvP sounds like a waste of dev time, to me. The usefulness is so minuscule. Just challenge your friend. You don't need to go to a tavern to do it.

On the other hand, the inability to cast Grease on guild ships is an absolute crime!

mournbladereigns
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
One gold Seal Danger Room, Level 100, 100Tp/day.

Thank you drive through. Go into like SubT or WW to test spells, yo. Or tavern challenge.

404error
09-22-2011, 12:34 PM
You do not need to be in a tavern to use the challenge system. All you need to do is target the person your experimenting with and hit the challenge button on your examination UI anywhere in the world that is not a quest or an adventure area. The Challenge window should appear and then enter any of the maps after "terms of the match" are agreed too.

GotSomeQuestions
09-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the challenge system is perfect for this kind of testing, I used it quite a bit with the Update 9 spell pass.

And some of the maps are pretty neat, check 'em out.

Riggs
09-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Having NPCs or monsters in a 'test' area would be cool too. Try out weird and gimp tactics just for fun.

Musouka
09-22-2011, 03:33 PM

As 404 mentioned, no you do not. You can stay on your boat.

Dark_Helmet
09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
You do not need to be in a tavern to use the challenge system. All you need to do is target the person your experimenting with and hit the challenge button on your examination UI anywhere in the world that is not a quest or an adventure area. The Challenge window should appear and then enter any of the maps after "terms of the match" are agreed too.

Can I request the ability to challenge a Dev? ;)

Solmage
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM

But you know what would rock? Being able to disintegrate, fireball, and otherwise killify (tm) the training dummy...

Musouka
09-22-2011, 11:30 PM
But you know what would rock? Being able to disintegrate, fireball, and otherwise killify (tm) the training dummy...

That just does not make sense...

So you'll disintegrate the dummy and gain attack bonus from "hours of training" or whatever it is called.

Yaskin_Forrit
09-23-2011, 01:57 AM
I would rather see ship to ship PvP...

2 ships come together (not always over water). Fight with the other ship using ranged weapons or jump across and use melee. Falling would kill you (unless over water) and you are out of the fight

Ague
09-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I would rather see ship to ship PvP...

2 ships come together (not always over water). Fight with the other ship using ranged weapons or jump across and use melee. Falling would kill you (unless over water) and you are out of the fight

Now that would be interesting...:eek::eek::eek:

shores11
09-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Although I would not use it on my guilds ship I m for any added benefit to guild ships. Each guild can decide on their own what they want on their ship. I never buy into the argument some players have "I don't want develpers spending time on this" like they can't sit up and type at the same time.

Solmage
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
That just does not make sense...

So you'll disintegrate the dummy and gain attack bonus from "hours of training" or whatever it is called.

Yes, that means I trained for hours how to disintegrate inanimate objects! (And no, I won't object if the bonus is changed to +4 to my disintegrate DC :cool:, although that is not required)

Also, it does make about as much sense as my fighter getting "hours of training" out of 9 seconds of his haste boost, heh.

EpiKagEMO
09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
*spams sleet+grease till they dont want the pit anymore*

no but seriously, theres not enough room for a pit.
just go to a low level dungeon and test it out. lol