PDA

View Full Version : make guild augment crystal slots overwrite-able

IanYang
09-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Sometimes a raid you joined is about to begin but your guild augment crystal will expire after 10 minutes. That's annoying. Can we have these crystal slots being overwrite-able?

And maybe change the duration of these crystals to 8 hours instead of 6 hours?

DeadRabbat
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Even if you changed it to 8 hrs... you would still probably start a quest/raid with 10min remaining. :)

QuantumFX
09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I would prefer to see an overwrite. But, allowing durations to stack (ala XP/Guild renown/loot gems) would be a nice option as well.

backandforth
09-20-2011, 08:41 PM
/signed

janave
09-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Extending the duration wouldnt be helpful, but the "refresh" option with a new crystal would be great. Your example is a good one, and unfortunately happens too often :). Actually i wouldnt bother with augmentation outside raids, that is where they come really handy.

I was also thinking about a fixed slotting, like epics.:

Maybe it could take: 1 Large, 2 Medium, and 3 Small Eberron Dragonshards. Added with the crystal and item.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The refreshing would be great enough though :)

Mindspat
09-21-2011, 03:33 AM
It would make the feature a bit more attractive if you were able to overwrite the existing socketed item with a new or different one instead of having to wait for it to run out during the middle of a raid.

Terebinthia
09-21-2011, 07:13 AM
/signed

It would be great to be able to overwrite them, and even nicer to be able to add the time of the new augment crystal to the existing one a la experience elixirs.

DevilIncarnate
09-21-2011, 07:15 AM
/signed

Not being able to refresh/extend duration is driving me nuts

Eladiun
09-21-2011, 07:19 AM
/signed

Silverwren
09-21-2011, 07:19 AM

Maybe it could take: 1 Large, 2 Medium, and 3 Small Eberron Dragonshards. Added with the crystal and item.

Negative. We grind too much as it is.

I'm all for the OP though.

Miow
09-21-2011, 07:23 AM
/signed it only makes sense you put a new crystal in you reset the timer...geez not rocket science. Do it Up.

brian14
09-21-2011, 07:24 AM
/signed

I suggested it twice already!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The refreshing would be great enough though :)
Not sure what you mean by "fixed slotting". Making crystal permanent? If that's what you mean, then yes, /signed. Although I would make ingredients depend on the slot size:

Tiny: 1 Small Eberron Dragonshard
Small: 2 Small Eberron Dragonshards
Medium: 1 Medium, 3 Small Eberron Dragonshards
Large: 1 Large, 2 Medium, 3 Small Eberron Dragonshards

I would also have this process make item BtC. That would discourage people from grinding Eberron Dragionshards unless they REALLY mean to have the item -- and thus keep Dragionshards price from skyrocketing.

Acaios
09-21-2011, 07:25 AM
/signed

or another example is when you slot items to boost your rogue skills, and there`s 10 minutes left, while preparing to go for an epic quest with traps.

GotSomeQuestions
09-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Another option, if we can't fill a full slot with a new crystal, would be to let us "crunch" the item in the Stone of Change to clear the guild slot. Then we could add a new crystal to the now-empty slot.

somenewnoob
09-21-2011, 07:32 AM
/signed for overwrite.......so annoying

TempestAlphaOmega
09-21-2011, 07:33 AM
/signed

Please Turbine!

gloopygloop
09-21-2011, 07:34 AM
/signed

This is a great idea.

PNellesen
09-21-2011, 07:50 AM
/signed

(And let us overwrite crafting prefixes/suffixes as well while they're at it.)

Drekisen
09-21-2011, 07:51 AM
/signed

and if and when they do it, it's about freekin time!:mad:

grandeibra
09-21-2011, 07:54 AM
/signed

and also, it is one of few turbine decisions I can't see any reason for whatsoever unless they just wanna mess with us ^^ (which would be fine I gz)

Either make an augment permanent until a new one is put in. If the objective is to help drain pp from the market then just go with OP's suggestion, which would drain even more while also making the gain more reasonable :)

Levonestral
09-21-2011, 07:58 AM
I was actually thinking about this same thing just the other day as I was running my TR.

Here's what I came up with:

Abolish the "effect timer" and instead change it to a "swap timer".

This would mean that once you slot it with something, you won't be able to change it to something else until the 6 hour timer is up.

However, once the timer expires, whatever is slotted stays there until you choose to change it to something else.

Maugrim101
09-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Some update that allows you to always have it on (Refresh or stacking option) would be great.

dkyle
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
/signed emphatically

honkuimushi
09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Agreed. Good idea.

I would also like to see a liilte more flexibility in sizing. If I'm in a casual guild, any item with a Medium or Large guild slot may as well have nothing. And for a new guild, Small, Medium, or Large slots may be useful in the future, but it can take awhile to be able to slot them. And if you guild loses rep or you change guilds, your favorite augmented item may become unslottable. This has become more of an issue now that crafting allows you to greate custom BtC items.

I would suggest that larger augment slots be allowed to slot smaller crystals. So a Tiny could only slot a Tiny crystal, a Small could slot Small or Tiny, a Medium could slot Medium, Small or Tiny and a Large could slot any crystal. That makes Medium and Large slots useful to everyone and gives a piece of equipment some future proofing. It isn't a large power boost, you can still only slot a crystal that your guild has the rep for, you just have a little more choice of equipment.

Pape_27
09-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I have mentioned this several times, and used to think it was a good idea.

Not so sure now.

Why? Well basically the QA in the game has gone to pot. The guild augment crystal coding seems to be based on the augments for epic gear. If something goes wrong dont expect QA to catch it. Seems like the only thing they catch is the flu. In July. So, what happens when Turbine changes the coding on one thing to tweak it a little?

yeah, you guessed it.... all hell breaks loose.

At this point, after the debacle that is U11 and the Cove incident, I'm not so sure I want the dev team to touch the cyrstals...... the guild augment crystals are working now, but what happens after an adjustment? Im almost afraid to find out.

Valindria
09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
While I don't dislike your suggestion, I hate the whole process.

1. buy crystal
2. go to alter
3. unlock and unequip weapon
4. apply
5. repeat

It's just so annoying.

1. I would say for timed crystals (current setup) allow them to be applied to an item directly. Double clicking a small crystal would bring up a list of all items in your inventory with small slots. Choose the item and hit apply. Could be done at any time and allow over effect overwrite or time extention for the same effect. It's simple and a lot more fun then steps 1-5 above.

2. For Alter. Allow the user to place a crystal + item + x into the alter to allow the effect to permantly be applied. Where x could be an astral diamond or something. Item with a filled slot + some other item will allow the slot to be clears (like epic items).

Kaytis
09-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I kind of agree that Turbine might mess up changing the code to support this. History is not really on their side after all. But I would still like to see this done. It would be a nice "we're sorry, here's something you have universally been asking for" to stanch the bleeding from the update 11 / cove debacles.

Corwinsky
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Agree too

tyga250
09-21-2011, 03:45 PM
/signed for duration overwrite.

Mellifera
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
/signed

Totally needs to happen.

MindCake
09-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Signed.

While I don't dislike your suggestion, I hate the whole process.

1. buy crystal
2. go to alter
3. unlock and unequip weapon
4. apply
5. repeat

It's just so annoying.

1. I would say for timed crystals (current setup) allow them to be applied to an item directly. Double clicking a small crystal would bring up a list of all items in your inventory with small slots. Choose the item and hit apply. Could be done at any time and allow over effect overwrite or time extention for the same effect. It's simple and a lot more fun then steps 1-5 above.

2. For Alter. Allow the user to place a crystal + item + x into the alter to allow the effect to permantly be applied. Where x could be an astral diamond or something. Item with a filled slot + some other item will allow the slot to be clears (like epic items).

Also this signed.
Really, the unequiping-upgrading-cursingatfterorgottingtounlock-unlocking-upgradingthistimeforreals-reequiping-relocking-gettingaheartattack(after nearly selling your large guild slot gloves to a vendor because you forgot to re-lock it) is so annoying.
I see the locking as a somewhat useful protection for mistakes for other types of crafting, where not paying attention may destroy ingredients/items worth millions, but the guild slots content should be possible to swap at any time, and so shouldn't need such a protection. And the current implementation is a breeding ground for other types of mistakes.

I understand it'd be somewhat difficult to code (an exception to a serious rule, it would need to be thought out really well, and actually tested, to avoid causing big problems later on), but, well, I'd like that done.