PDA

View Full Version : I'd Pay TPs to "Spawn" Instead of True Reincarnate

Narsil_Shard
09-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I haven't TR'd myself yet, but because I'm a casual player and slow-leveler, when I get to that point, I'm afraid I won't be willing to give-up my Level 20 even though I want to take advantage of some of the TR benefits with a "new" character.

Perhaps others can easily point to the holes in this suggestion, but here's what I'm thinking might be desirable by some:
- Pay TPs to keep your current Level 20, but create a new character that obtains the Past Life Benefits of your current character (i.e., "spawn" :D )
- Would not gain access to inventory like you do with TR
- But you would gain the cascading Past Life Benefits of your "parent"

Essentially everything would be the same as if you TR'd, but it's a new character so you don't get the inventory transfered and you have to pick a new name.

I think this could also be a decent money-maker for Turbine since people would be paying for (1) the ability to do this and (2) probably need character slots.

redraider
09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Its an interesting thought, but I think the Dev's have given us what they will on reincarnation.

For me, I'd pay TP's to be able to "merge" characters. Taking my 4th life melee and my 4th life caster and merge them into a near completionist. Not gonna happen, but we both can dream...

Seikojin
09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I haven't TR'd myself yet, but because I'm a casual player and slow-leveler, when I get to that point, I'm afraid I won't be willing to give-up my Level 20 even though I want to take advantage of some of the TR benefits with a "new" character.

Perhaps others can easily point to the holes in this suggestion, but here's what I'm thinking might be desirable by some:
- Pay TPs to keep your current Level 20, but create a new character that obtains the Past Life Benefits of your current character (i.e., "spawn" :D )
- Would not gain access to inventory like you do with TR
- But you would gain the cascading Past Life Benefits of your "parent"

Essentially everything would be the same as if you TR'd, but it's a new character so you don't get the inventory transfered and you have to pick a new name.

I think this could also be a decent money-maker for Turbine since people would be paying for (1) the ability to do this and (2) probably need character slots.

By the time you get to 20 with one life, you should be able to use it to gather gear for your second character. Thus making that character stronger than level and obtain the TP needed to unlock more slots and buy quest packs. Once that second is at 20, you can get the first ones heart and tr. Then you'd have at least one 20 at all times.

TheDearLeader
09-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Trust me - second life isn't so bad. 5 of my 7 level 20s are 34-pointers now.

Get your gear/tomes/plat in order. Have a solid plan. Even better, have a solid group, maybe some who have TRed before.

Or find a completionist, and stand at the entrance. :) They'll surely need more XP than you will.

That said, it sounds to me like a Pay2Win method of getting to 34 point build, and as such I'll have to say no thanks.

If anything, you'll find your second life much more enjoyable - getting back the Shroud/Raid gear at 11~13 is an absolute joy.

Purgatory
09-19-2011, 05:41 PM
It be cool to spawn my completionist :)

gloopygloop
09-19-2011, 06:03 PM
When I first read this, I thought, HOLY **** that's overpowered. Then I read it again and actually thought about what that would do and it seems entirely reasonable to me - as long as you can only spawn once per character and as long as your new character has to use the TR second life XP chart.

TheDearLeader
09-19-2011, 06:09 PM
When I first read this, I thought, HOLY **** that's overpowered. Then I read it again and actually thought about what that would do and it seems entirely reasonable to me - as long as you can only spawn once per character and as long as your new character has to use the TR second life XP chart.

You don't think it'd be overpowered to start your new life @ level 16? You'd already have all Shroud gear + Dragontouched. Pushing out the last 4 levels would be a cakewalk.

gloopygloop
09-19-2011, 06:23 PM
You don't think it'd be overpowered to start your new life @ level 16? You'd already have all Shroud gear + Dragontouched. Pushing out the last 4 levels would be a cakewalk.

Go back and read the OP again.

TheDearLeader
09-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Go back and read the OP again.

Why? I'm responding to what you posted - which to me, reads as "get 34-point build, starting with 1.9 mil XP, and have to make up the remainder of the 3.139 mil XP."

Munkenmo
09-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Not that I'm behind this idea, but there's a big difference between the ops suggestion

this

"get 34-point build, starting with 1.9 mil XP, and have to make up the remainder of the 3.139 mil XP."

and

start your new life @ level 16? You'd already have all Shroud gear + Dragontouched. Pushing out the last 4 levels would be a cakewalk.

the ops suggestion to me reads as an easy button, but I look at it more like it takes 1.9m first life + 3.1m second life.

the op wants you to have 1.9m out of 5m exp, not 1.9m out of the next 3.1

tfangel
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
as long as you can only spawn once per character and as long as your new character has to use the TR second life XP chart.

This, otherwise yeah, could be abused pretty badly if not. Possibly even lock that character out of any reincarnation, or something.

TheDearLeader
09-19-2011, 06:39 PM
*snip*

Perhaps I am confused on what is being suggested, then. Entirely possible.

To me, the OP sounded more like he wanted to get to level 20, buy a Turbine Store item, and immediately be Level 20 *again* as a 34-point with a Passive Past Life Feat, no additional grinding required. Which I did not agree with, based on that interpretation.

Munkenmo
09-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Perhaps I am confused on what is being suggested, then. Entirely possible.

To me, the OP sounded more like he wanted to get to level 20, buy a Turbine Store item, and immediately be Level 20 *again* as a 34-point with a Passive Past Life Feat, no additional grinding required. Which I did not agree with, based on that interpretation.

I read it as he wanted his new toon to be level 1 with the TR 2, 3.1m exp curve.

TheDearLeader
09-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I read it as he wanted his new toon to be level 1 with the TR 2 3.1 exp curve.

I see, and note the difference accordingly. Still.. seems a little bit like a shortcut, doesn't it? Sure, they won't have Green Steel/Dragontouched, but there are plenty of BtA/Cannith options out there that people could twink a toon with to make that rather trivial.

I suppose, though, if there's money in it, the accounting/marketing folks will jump on it.

Munkenmo
09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
I see, and note the difference accordingly. Still.. seems a little bit like a shortcut, doesn't it? Sure, they won't have Green Steel/Dragontouched, but there are plenty of BtA/Cannith options out there that people could twink a toon with to make that rather trivial.

I suppose, though, if there's money in it, the accounting/marketing folks will jump on it.

It does seem like a shortcut, thus I said I didn't agree with the op. Honestly I wouldn't have any issue with it granting the extra build points, it's the past life that I'm opposed to.

*rubs dirty alt-itis hands at the thought of all the 36pt alts i could roll.

Narsil_Shard
09-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I was definitely intending it to mean you had to start the new character at Level 1 (with the higher XP curve). I just wanted to be able to somehow take advantage of the Past Life Feats without having to "kill" my original Level 20 character.

My main reasoning being that I'm casual (i.e., slow) enough of a player that I think there'd be times that I'd like to still have a Level 20 around. But "piggybacking" between two characters as Seikojin suggests makes sense. Always have one sitting at 20 while the other is leveling-up as TR'd.

masterzzan
09-20-2011, 05:05 AM
one problem, what would prevent you from spawning again with the level 20th character?
also ,tr that character and get 2 characters with past life

GentlemanAndAScholar
09-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Its an interesting thought, but I think the Dev's have given us what they will on reincarnation.

For me, I'd pay TP's to be able to "merge" characters. Taking my 4th life melee and my 4th life caster and merge them into a near completionist. Not gonna happen, but we both can dream...

I think it would be great if we could "sacrifice" toons into an essence containing the sacrificial toon's XP. So for instance, you have some old 28-point build still sitting at lvl14 because you haven't played it since Vale came out taking dust and a character slot, buy a special heart at the store, go to the druid that will flag you for sacrifice. You could then commit the sacrifice and then a vial containing that character XP is put in your account bank. So you could have, say, 1 million XP for you to use (specially helpful at lvls 18-19 of TR 2+)

Ungood
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
This has been suggested before in several incarnations. I think the simplest version I saw was just being able to purchase past life feats for capped toon. Which essentially, that is what this is.

R0cksteady
09-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I was definitely intending it to mean you had to start the new character at Level 1 (with the higher XP curve). I just wanted to be able to somehow take advantage of the Past Life Feats without having to "kill" my original Level 20 character.

My main reasoning being that I'm casual (i.e., slow) enough of a player that I think there'd be times that I'd like to still have a Level 20 around. But "piggybacking" between two characters as Seikojin suggests makes sense. Always have one sitting at 20 while the other is leveling-up as TR'd.

Yeah, definitely don't TR if you only have one character. Wait until you have 2 or 3.