PDA

View Full Version : Hard and Elite Unlock in Feature items

oradafu
09-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Currently I'm VIP, so you've made it where I can't buy Packs/Races, etc, etc... In fact, I believe they don't even appear in the Feature items section when I go to the store, because I've never seen them there unless I click SHOW ALL ITEMS. Since I cannot have any use at all for HARD and ELITE UNLOCKS as a VIP, why aren't those hidden from me also? Are you trying to trick some VIPs into buying them? Or maybe you've planned to strip VIPs of the unlocks completely and want use to stock up on them? Just curious since Turbine has taken such a hard stand against VIPs buying other items to the point of removing them from our view since we already "own" it. I thought we also "owned" unlocks on all characters, including first lives.

Rumbaar
09-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Can you actually purchase them? Are they Bound items? Can you assign them to other players like Guest passes?

QuarterMasterM
09-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for bringing this up - we have corrected the offers and they are no longer visible to VIPs.

oradafu
09-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you.

Shade
09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
meh,

Reducing whats available on the store is not something to thank them for, its annoying.

Sure they can be HIDDEN to vips by default, but they should not be exclusively unavailable.

Issue is:
If they go on sale ,and you know you won't be VIP next week - you may wish to stock up.

Now thanks to thix "fix" - you cant.

VIPs loosing more and more benefits by the hour. This ones is even a deterant.

oradafu
09-19-2011, 10:15 PM
meh,

Reducing whats available on the store is not something to thank them for, its annoying.

Sure they can be HIDDEN to vips by default, but they should not be exclusively unavailable.

Issue is:
If they go on sale ,and you know you won't be VIP next week - you may wish to stock up.

Now thanks to thix "fix" - you cant.

VIPs loosing more and more benefits by the hour. This ones is even a deterant.

I rather have all stuff available to VIPs, as I've continued to ask since. But if Turbine is playing silly games about VIPs not being able to buy some stuff because its already "part of the VIP" plan, but I don't like selectively allow VIPs to buy somethings they can't use as VIP and other things they can. I prefer consistency, which appears to be something the company doesn't when they put things in the store. (You know if a VIP bought the unlocks accidentally, they wouldn't be able to get their TP back...since that seems to be their claim for preventing packs from being sold to VIPs.)

...Besides, as you said, this is more proof that Turbine is willing to erode what's available to VIPs. Just wanted to show how easy it was to get the company to erode more benefits from VIPs. Glad to see there was someone besides me that saw it.

Dysmetria
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM
How is removing the ability for VIPs to buy unlocks that are worthless to them somehow eroding the VIP benefit further?

You can still wait for your subscription to run out and downgrade to premium and then buy the unlocks, races, classes, shared bank, adventure packs, etc., just like every other former VIP has done for nearly 2 years now.

oradafu
09-20-2011, 03:51 PM
How is removing the ability for VIPs to buy unlocks that are worthless to them somehow eroding the VIP benefit further?

You can still wait for your subscription to run out and downgrade to premium and then buy the unlocks, races, classes, shared bank, adventure packs, etc., just like every other former VIP has done for nearly 2 years now.

You know what the answer is to your question, however you refuse to accept the answer. Everytime I or someone else have brought up buying packs or other items from the store, there's a good chance that you enter the thread and start an argument about it. You might not like the answer, but the answer has been given to you several times.

Dysmetria
09-20-2011, 04:51 PM
You know what the answer is to your question, however you refuse to accept the answer. Everytime I or someone else have brought up buying packs or other items from the store, there's a good chance that you enter the thread and start an argument about it. You might not like the answer, but the answer has been given to you several times. Asking why the removal of the ability for VIPs to purchase hard and elite unlocks from the DDO store is somehow an erosion of VIP benefits has nothing to do with whatever you are talking about. You seem to be confusing this with some other issue, as no one (including you) has yet answered this question, and as far as I know I was just the first in the forums to ask it.

If anything the removal of said ability was a benefit, at least to the VIP that asked for it to be removed.