PDA

View Full Version : Wich server to choose?

crochak
09-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Hello Community!

I just started playing DDO and find it fun so far. Me and my friends started toons at Orien server. But now when I come to the forums to read abit I see that Orien forum thread has really low postcount compared to the other servers.

I want to play on a server that has good population so wich server do you think I should choose to play on?

Best Regards
Crochak

mwgarn
09-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Nothing wrong with Orien (really there isn't, stop looking at me like that!)

Just don't have a very large posting forum community for Orien. I looked around at some of the other servers myself but I can't bring myself to start over from scratch just for 2-3 extra LFM up..

Don't go by the forum count, and if you don't see a LFM that you want to join, make one yourself! :)

crochak
09-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I saw that Orien started later as well so there is another reason the post count hasn't gone up that much.

I'll speak to my friends and see what they think.

Elixxer
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
I'd say Khyber is a great sized server. I have a favor toon there and it's really easy to get groups, for me anyways.
As for Sarlona, my home, I think it's gotten more players recently. I can always just throw a group out and it usually fills, groups fill up fast because most people are just to lazy to host a group and only want to join them. Or they don't want to be held responsible for everything.

We have a lot of Chinese players, 2 guys got all mad about them talking in general chat, and said general chat is for English only. Those 2 quickly made my ignore list. Don't hate what your to lazy to learn right?

I wouldn't leave Sarlona if I ever get the chance.

Satinavian
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Khyber seems to be the most populated server (least populated is Wayfinder). Grouping on Khyber is very easy as more people run with strangers here, but the server is also a tad old which means there are a lot of people with very good gear and the prices might be high.

Sarlona seems to be a bit of a chinese server. Orion is very new with a lot of inexperienced players (and less population. Ghallanda was as new as Orion but the people from 2 closed european servers where tranferred there and have a kind of community inside community now (only for people from the dead servers), Cannith seems to be famous for guild quarrels nowadays, can't say a lot about the rest)

Innara
09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Argo and Khyber are likely to have the highest population. Argo gets its fair share of new players (being first on the list of servers to pick and all) as well. End game raiding, however, can be a little guild/channel exclusive here tho (not sure about Khyber).

Malethus
09-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Hi, From Orien here, its the newest english server (i.e excluding Wayfinder) but its still been around for a while, and generally you can find a PUG or create one and will fill up reasonably quickly, but I think during some play times it can get a bit slow.

P.S Bring more people to Orien =)

lhidda
09-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Bacon!

.... erm, I mean:

Khyber! Join the Dramaserver Nr.1! It is fun!

Skavenaps
09-15-2011, 05:54 AM
when i started with ddo, i did the same as you. Look at forum post-count. Khyber was the clear winner.

i dont regret of my choice.