PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things That Irk

PinkDragonJr
09-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm not looking for massive overhauls of the UI or how that OP Class/Race needs to be balanced. I want to hear the little things, the seemingly inconsequential things. The things that you have notice that just make dungeoning a smidgen more irritating or less enjoyable.

I'll open with: The fact the ammo counters are not present in Quick Bar icons for ranged weapons like crossbows and bows. I'd like to see how many bolts I have left in my ready slot for my RLCb because heaven knows I'm going to need it now with turbines decision to make them unload the entire clip per shot.

Grymli
09-13-2011, 06:33 PM
someone with a moderately interesting idea for a thread picks a title that basically translates to "feel free to ignore me" :) That, and the fact that when selling items to a vendor I now need to click on the icon, where the name used to work as well.

Cheers.

Sgt_Hart
09-13-2011, 08:27 PM
The mindset of "here, new UI is better! Take! Shove, Shove, Shove!" To be fair, that's not a dig at turbine(alone), but truly... From like.. 96 Onward(?) every messenger application.. Every game sequel, Half the generic programs.. all just want to re-skin with every iteration. Of course, they like to hide features while doing that.

The entire world needs to come to grips with the fact that New and Improved are mutually exclusive, and the latter is De facto preferred, unless you've been explicated told loudly, and repeated Your UI is terrible, you need to redo the entire thing with an eye towards ___.

That said, I'm actually some what grateful that turbine only messed with party bar's.

Vendor names by default don't show in shops anymore? we have to spell out "Level X, Class X" in the buy window? Can people really not get L#, and determine class by icon?

Not broke.. well.. Wasn't broke...

freekay
09-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Little thing that irks me: Auto attack toggle button is gone! I know I can just pull it from the feat list and hotbar it, but my hotbars are all full up!

AMDarkwolf
09-13-2011, 08:52 PM
the doors were upgraded in ghola fan(*** Why???) Yet the missing beholder in slavers is still missing(After 4 years?)

its like they had some 12 year old girl who hasn't touched a computer in her life, (except to go to facebook) design the new UI and 'decide' what needed fixing.

I mean.. really the doors in some quest? Why the HELL did u decide that needed 'changing' yet u left the IMPORTANT things out.. after YEARS.

YEARS turbine, YEARS! Why do u keep fixing the unbroken, and ignoring the broke?

I once again strongly believe that the lot of you should be tossed out onto your asses in the street, and the guys from years ago re-hired. U know, the GOOD developers who worked on AC back in the day. Really seems beyond the few 'customer reps' (IE NOT developers) the whole bunch of you don't give one flop about the games beyond 'what will dazzle morons to spend money'

smeggy1384
09-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Lil thing that bugs me most.. them stealing what few brains those poor souls on korthos island had.. all to program my shiny new iron defender to go smash some barrels in quests. At least most of the time it still uses intimidate on a pack of mobs first.

PinkDragonJr
09-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Lil thing that bugs me most.. them stealing what few brains those poor souls on korthos island had.. all to program my shiny new iron defender to go smash some barrels in quests. At least most of the time it still uses intimidate on a pack of mobs first.

As a user of the Least Mark of Finding, that Pet/summon habit is becoming a problem. you can ask other players to leave the breakables alone for you, but their pets are another thing entirely..
speaking of Korthos, when will Lars be made unavailable for conversation DURING THE SAUHAGIN BATTLE!? I mean seriously, trying to click to attack whatever is attacking Lars and accidentally tagging him instead, opens up the dialogue box? which shuts you both down until your can hurriedly cancel out of it. that's the kind of problem that devs need to look at and ask, 'do the characters really need to be having a pleasant conversation with an NPC during a pitched battle?'

GoRinNoSho
09-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Maybe they should add bonus chests based on the number of times he says "Oh no, the suaghan have found me."

Regarding ammo count, throw the arrows you have out of quiver into a quick bar at the top. Do the same with spell reagents.

With the quick bar arrow counter, it will update when you pull from your quiver.

Rathic
09-26-2011, 04:55 AM
2 handed weapons are held incorrectly(rotated 90 degrees)...

someone tried to make a sword that is held correctly in the attack on stormreach chain but it is swung sideways :rolleyes:

AMDarkwolf
09-27-2011, 07:38 AM
heh on that note about th weapons, most of them would NOT beable to be held at rest the way they are. No matter how strong u are, a greatsword would cause undue distress on the wrist and forearm the way they are held.

I'd prefer large weapons were, during non combat, be rested on the shoulder or held in a more natural way.

Nerate_Mireth
09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
What happened to party member's names on the map? You hover over a blue dot and nothing. No name. So you can't locate who is where anymore. Or did they make this a toggle in the UI Functions and I just didn't see it?

LondonGer
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
The ladders......that realy annoying twitching when you get stuck on the bottom rung.

Sort it out.