PDA

View Full Version : Loot left in chest.

Yetzederixx
09-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Should a player recall or otherwise leave the dungeon the loot should be randomly assigned to the remaining party members.

While I ascribe to the "it's my loot" philosophy very often people leave items that could be of use to others and just recall out because it's trash to them. If they don't want it that's fine, but let others get a crack at it.

Kmnh
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
But how else would I rub it on the faces of people that I don't need an item but I won't let them have it?

/signed anyway :P

Talias006
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
If you wanted it, you should've asked for it.

If they're anything like most of the people I run/pug with, they'll slot it for you to pick up.
If not, better luck next group.

This isn't something that really needs looked at, as there's a system in place that works fine, if only you ask people to assign their junk to you.

So, emphatically /not signed.

DragonTroy
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
/signed

while im sure i am guilty of this myself, most likely from forgetfulness, it is still a good idea

+1

go go gadget, add one last thing to an update the night before it comes out! :D

AMDarkwolf
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Nah I think a 'first come first served' option and no 'loot all' button, with all loot randomly ordered in chest.

This way the fastest ones to the chest can grab it all. No more 'WAHHH HE LEFT MY LEWTS IN CHEST' rants.

(This was a humorous post if anyone hasn't figured that out)

Eso
09-12-2011, 03:10 AM
/not signed.

your loot is your loot,left in chest or take why the ppl care ?lol

Quarterling
09-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Why not? Better than just leaving loot to rot.

arjiwan
09-12-2011, 03:17 AM
But how else would I rub it on the faces of people that I don't need an item but I won't let them have it?

/signed anyway :P

You are (almost) everywhere! Are you supposed to be raiding or something?

To the OP, yeah, /signed

janave
09-12-2011, 05:13 AM
The sorta broken economy is responsible for ppl leaving loot behind.

Even if you leave avg 300-500pp worth stuff in chests that wont add up quick enough to worth the extra inv management/time. This is most apparent on higher levels where ppl usually aim for ingredients costing ~50kpp-400kpp. Plat is aboundant for those willing to work for it.

Another interesting thing is currency, we have 4! and we dont use 3 :). I know rpg flavor it is, but feels like the amount of plat in Eberron just doesnt justify its value :).

lhidda
09-12-2011, 05:18 AM
/signed

I would even suggest to make the loot unassigned (for the remaining people, who were actually in the quest when chest was opened to prevent abuse) instead of distributing it randomly over the remaining people.

A method which comes from guild wars seems also interesting. Loot which was not looted for ca. 10 minutes became unassigned (maybe stop counter for dc'd people).

Lost_Leader
09-12-2011, 05:20 AM
A (good) side affect of doing this, would be for those rare occasions when loot is assigned incorrectly. I know I have been in a few raids where a person goes to assign loot to the roll winner, but they flub up and assign it accidentally to someone who has already recalled out.

grayham
09-12-2011, 05:27 AM
mmmm..not a bad idea, and I agree with the sentiment-not sure of the implementation though....

/signed anyway