PDA

View Full Version : Max Disable device and Open Lock DC's

SiliconScout
09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey there wondering if there is any info on the MAX DC's of traps and locks by level anywhere.

I am looking at making a bit door / trap monkey and would like to MC as much as I can.

Also how long is a knock scroll good for? Meaning what level dungeon will it work up to.

Thanks.

TheDearLeader
09-11-2011, 02:43 PM
This page (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/How_do_I_make_my_%28insert_rogue_skill%29_high_eno ugh) on the Compendium is pretty useful.

It doesn't count in Skill +20 Items, like Epic Treasure Hunters Spyglass/Epic Utility Vest, but is otherwise a very nice launchpad from which to make ideas about getting yourself the appropriate level of skills.

Knock Scroll varies, because OL values vary greatly.

BOgre
09-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Here's the ddowiki link. you can select quest level at the top:

http://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_information_project/Traps_and_locks/1

Sarisa
09-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Also how long is a knock scroll good for? Meaning what level dungeon will it work up to.

Yes, varies greatly.

I found that a Knock scroll worked on:
Anything below about level 7, including the locked doors in Delera's.
The undead room valve in Fear Factory.
All locked chests that I know of in Amrath that can be picked (there is the one chest in Bastion that has to be opened by the targets in the room below).
Any locked door in Epic Partycrashers.
The locked door to get the key to the Greed Monster optional in I Dream of Jeets.
The locked optional chests in the side tombs in the Sands (DC is high, so may take multiple tries but a scroll can open them).

I found that a Knock scroll does NOT work on:
The sewer and gold key chests in Caverns of Korommar.
The Vault of Night (any difficulty)
The Shroud (part 3 puzzle rooms)
Locked doors and chests in Offering of Blood and Chain of Flames in the Sands.
The three doors to get to the optional in The Dreaming Dark (but you can "mario jump" to get the keys for them).

Shade
09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Disable reqs go up in U11 if you wanna get everything perfectly.

I'd say ~80 is the new high mark to do it all "critically" successful, which is important in a certain raid...

Search and lock reqs are not nearly as high.

nerdychaz
09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af273/guildleadership/intskills.png

For more information see the assassin guide in my thread.

EvilI
09-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Disable reqs go up in U11 if you wanna get everything perfectly.

I'd say ~80 is the new high mark to do it all "critically" successful, which is important in a certain raid... [...]

If that's the case then I must say that further steps down a road where having max allocation to a skill and max non epic skill boosting item and base attribute gets you nothing, is Not A Good Way To Proceeed imho

Edit: After reading a few forum posts it appears I misunderstood, you actually do get something for meeting good dc:s, and something a little better for great ones. More of this Turbine!