PDA

View Full Version : Can I repair permanent damage?

Antheal
09-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Is it possible to repair permanent damage to a weapon or other item in any way?

Perhaps a Stone of Change ritual, or something?

Hendrik
09-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Nope.

laurawilder
09-11-2011, 07:17 AM
permanent....I think you should see the answer to you question in your own words. Does it say temporary damage that can be changed.

SlogUK
09-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Nope. Short of making the item epic which doesn't really count. You can make it tougher and prevent further damage if you bind it to character on a stone of change and put an adamantine ritual on it.

WirelessJoe
09-11-2011, 07:32 AM
I have a Blood Stone that has one tick of permanent damage (because I just had to do a few more slayers before I bound/attuned it right after pulling it), and that one little red line drives me CRAZY. I'd give up the equivalent of an entire GS worth of materials to be able to repair it.

Sarisa
09-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Once an item has permanent damage, only converting it to Epic will clear it, as said.

If you suspect repairing an item will cause it to take permanent damage, the Expert Repair in Zawabi's Refuge is the best place to go. Either have 400 Free Agents favour, or listen to a bunch of her stories and she'll repair your items. This works for weapons and armour. It has a drastically lower chance of causing permanent damage.

For accessories, there is the expert repair in Erstwhile Emporium in House P, but because the 400 favour tier isn't possible in House P, you can only use the apprentice, which has a greater chance at causing permanent damage (but still lower than regular vendors).

Antheal
09-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I just bought a Souleater from the House D pawnbroker, but it was already damaged to 107 max durability when I got it.

I'm going to wait until it's whittled down to 100 max then I'll bind it then if I can't fix it in any other way.

voodoogroves
09-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I just bought a Souleater from the House D pawnbroker, but it was already damaged to 107 max durability when I got it.

I'm going to wait until it's whittled down to 100 max then I'll bind it then if I can't fix it in any other way.

(1) Nice find!
(2) If you think you may epic it up, I wouldn't bother - the epic version will be a "new" item, and have no damage
(3) I feel your pain - I've got a nearly completely broken Bloodstone I've been swapping around various toons since I first found it

FrancisP.Fancypants
09-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Once an item has permanent damage, only converting it to Epic will clear it, as said.

If you suspect repairing an item will cause it to take permanent damage, the Expert Repair in Zawabi's Refuge is the best place to go. Either have 400 Free Agents favour, or listen to a bunch of her stories and she'll repair your items. This works for weapons and armour. It has a drastically lower chance of causing permanent damage.

For accessories, there is the expert repair in Erstwhile Emporium in House P, but because the 400 favour tier isn't possible in House P, you can only use the apprentice, which has a greater chance at causing permanent damage (but still lower than regular vendors).

If I remember right, the Korthos bartender also has a higher success percentage on repairs than elsewhere in the game if you don't have the sands pack.

GotSomeQuestions
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
If an item is completely broken beyond all repair, you can restore it to some semblance of usability by binding it to a particular character and applying some Adamantine Rituals to increase its hardness and durability. That won't remove the permanent damage, but it'll increase the durability back above zero, so that the item can once again be used.