PDA

View Full Version : A Few Conveniences: Reminder/Warning/Note System

ZER0DIVISION
09-08-2011, 11:55 PM
These ideas have been on my mind for a while, so I figured I'd see what the community has to say about them(and on that note, make my first post). They're relatively similar, so I'm not going to give them each their own thread.

-Reminder System-

Everyone can be forgetful. I'd like to see the ability to set a message, that plays at certain intervals while logged in on that character. For instance, a reminder to check your bids on the auction house, that will display once every 30 minutes. I would prefer it to display overhead(Like DM text) as well as display in your chat box, probably through (Standard) chat.

An additional option for this system would be for it to activate when you begin using a rest shrine. I've forgotten to put on my spell point item(or rather anything that would be good to have on while you rest) so many times I've stopped taking off my spell point item in the first place.

-Warning System-

"Oh dear! I'm out of Firewall components!" This system warns you when you are low on a certain resource. Potions, Scrolls, Spell components, Spell points, and perhaps other things would be included. I might include Hit points as well, perhaps when you go below 10%, but that might get annoying in certain cases. This system would simply notify you(again, overhead as well as within chat box) that you are about to run out of something. I would imagine 10% from the maximum would be when it activates. So that would be when you hit 10 potions or scrolls, 100 of a spell component, and 10% of your overall spell points.

-Note system-

This system is similar to that of the reminder system. Most people use their Bio's for keeping important information that is used frequently, although this isn't exactly the intended purpose. A non-public(not viewable by others) notepad for keeping important info would be handy to have, especially if it allowed for more writing space than the Bio does now.

In addition to this I would love to be able to label hotbar buttons. As I level a toon, I grow very familiar with what items are where are on my interface. However, I know not everyone is like me. Many items share the same thumbnail image, and on well-geared toons you begin to have a LOT of items that look alike. In addition, Update 11 allows spellcasters to assign specific metamagics to their spells. So what if I have an unmeta'd hypnotism, and a full heightened one, how do I tell the difference? Hot bar labels! Even if it allowed only up to 5 letters, the ability to label hotbar buttons would help players be more organized with their gear. Perhaps this could extend to the inventory panel as well.

All of these options can be enabled/disabled via options of course, I can imagine some of them might turn out to be annoying in certain cases.

That's all I've got for now, constructive criticism is appreciated. If anyone feels certain options should be included, I can include those in the OP(giving proper credit of course).

Silverwren
09-09-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm not too keen on the second idea, about a warning system when items get low. This just comes down to taking stock of what you have left in your inventory before and after you play a quest. It's no different than making sure all your items are repaired and that your backpack isn't about to burst at the seams. It becomes a habit after a while.

The first and third suggestions are interesting. I can see that a user defined reminder system would be handy, especially for the higher level toons who usually have many irons in the fire. Also, a user defined notepad would be great, where we could add notes about anything. From that troublesome player you never want to quest with again to items that guildies have requested you craft for them.

Perhaps these two suggestions could be tied together into one, where a note could have a check box (to remind or not) and maybe a pull down menu with preset intervals for reminders (every 15 minutes, every hour, every time you logon, etc)