PDA

View Full Version : Mute mailbox!

TimoteoDeLani
09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
The mailbox sound is absolutely infuriating. Please please please give me the option to turn it off.

nolaureltree000
09-07-2011, 06:45 PM
The mailbox makes noise?

ushram
09-07-2011, 06:52 PM
The mailbox makes noise?

^what he said

TheDearLeader
09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
The mailbox makes noise?

^what he said

It's got kind of a jingly sound.

Although OP, if it's bothering you so much, I imagine you need to play with your sounds in general. Most people's settings prevent them from hearing it at all, or so faintly that, like the two above, they probably don't distinguish it from normal noise.

BitkaCK2
09-08-2011, 12:18 AM
The mailbox sound is absolutely infuriating. Please please please give me the option to turn it off.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkujkwmpeM1qbhzs2o1_500.gif

bitkaCK2

Thailand_Dan
09-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, if you are going to mute the mail box, the marketplace waterfall could use a mute button, too, and a reduce lag button every time I've run by it for the past 4 years. A change by the devs in the wav files could be in order after all this time. Or even better, allow us to load our own wav files for each area. Does anyone know how to do this? or is it more complicated then replacing the "mail.wav" file with your own file named "mail.wav". I'm guessing its more complicated, then that.

Oh the old days of AOL tweeking.

Letrii
09-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Well, if you are going to mute the mail box, the marketplace waterfall could use a mute button, too, and a reduce lag button every time I've run by it for the past 4 years. A change by the devs in the wav files could be in order after all this time. Or even better, allow us to load our own wav files for each area. Does anyone know how to do this? or is it more complicated then replacing the "mail.wav" file with your own file named "mail.wav". I'm guessing its more complicated, then that.

Oh the old days of AOL tweeking.

What waterfall?

Silverwren
09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
So you're annoyed with the jingly sound the mailbox makes when you stand next to it? And you want to be able to turn it off? :eek:

Seriously? :confused:

TheDjinnFor
09-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know how to do this? or is it more complicated then replacing the "mail.wav" file with your own file named "mail.wav". I'm guessing its more complicated, then that.

I imagine that Turbine scans the game files when you try to log in for modifications to the game code to prevent cheating/hacking. Now, the audio files might be excluded from this, but there's always the risk of user-side errors being blamed on Turbine. And of course you need to check them for the purposes of implementing new patches.

Memnir
09-08-2011, 08:56 AM
The mailbox's wind chime noises gets on my nerves as well, sometimes.
But then I move away from the mailbox, and the problem kinda solves itself. :)

Silverwren
09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
The mailbox's wind chime noises gets on my nerves as well, sometimes.
But then I move away from the mailbox, and the problem kinda solves itself. :)

Heh heh, 'nuff said! Lock the thread down.

somenewnoob
09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
The mailbox makes noise?

Uh......right.