PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to craft a Lit II Rapier of Backstabbing?

noobinberg
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Or is the Backstab enchanted weapon useless at end game? I'm crafting a pair of Greensteel Rapiers and have started on my Rad II Rapier but was thinking ahead. I plan on making a Lit II Rapier to have a set of Greensteel Rapiers and since I'm a Rogue I've always had at least one of my weapons a backstab.

Thanks!

tikwid
09-06-2011, 08:47 PM
get this http://ddowiki.com/page/Tharne%27s_Goggles

wigthemaster
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM
i don't have time to do a long post but in short:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=item&weapon=rapier&altar=3

follow that link to your rapier and the list of avaliable effects.

In shorter no backstabbing is available through greensteel.

blerkington
09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Take a look at making a Radiance II rapier. It will be very useful to you as a rogue.

Thanks.

noobinberg
09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
In shorter no backstabbing is available through greensteel.

K, Thanks...and to the previous reply....been trying for the goggles...have the matching bracers already. It's as I suspected. The benefits of enhancing backstab from other items will give me more powerful weapons in the end. Plus the goggles paired with the bracers and my capstone I should have one hell of a hit while backstabbing and a pretty good one too even if I have aggro.

Thanks again!

Xioden
09-07-2011, 04:32 AM
K, Thanks...and to the previous reply....been trying for the goggles...have the matching bracers already. It's as I suspected. The benefits of enhancing backstab from other items will give me more powerful weapons in the end. Plus the goggles paired with the bracers and my capstone I should have one hell of a hit while backstabbing and a pretty good one too even if I have aggro.

Thanks again!

http://ddowiki.com/page/Lenses_of_Opportunity make for a good place holder until you get Tharne's goggles as well. From a damage perspective, they're about the same if you don't have seeker elsewhere. The downside of course is the penalty to search and spot if you happen to be a trapsmith and rely on the spot to notice traps.

Matuse
09-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Get Backstabbing off of your weapon, so that you can have other damage mods on your weapon. You can't get Metalline or Lightning Strike from goggles or bracers, but you can get backstabbing there.

MrkGrismer
09-07-2011, 08:46 AM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Lenses_of_Opportunity make for a good place holder until you get Tharne's goggles as well. From a damage perspective, they're about the same if you don't have seeker elsewhere. The downside of course is the penalty to search and spot if you happen to be a trapsmith and rely on the spot to notice traps.

Two goggles, put on the lens of opportunity when going into combat and otherwise where one with bonuses to spot

TheDjinnFor
09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
You can't get Metalline or Lightning Strike from goggles or bracers, but you can get backstabbing there.

^that

karl_k0ch
09-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Another option to accompany your main weapon would be a Seeker +8-10 small weapon of Backstabbing, as long you do not have goggles or trikets to provide these bonuses.

Bodic
09-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Tharnes Goggles are a basic rogue must. What else is so good to slot there.

karl_k0ch
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Tharnes Goggles are a basic rogue must. What else is so good to slot there.

Not having it yet would make me look for alternatives, too, as the OP appears to be doing.

Bodic
09-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Not having it yet would make me look for alternatives, too, as the OP appears to be doing.

Yes, but from my point of View and how I operate. I could care less how many people want a pair of Tharnes goggles. If a pair of Tharnes is sitting in my chest, and if there is a rogue in party without said goggles they get them from me no questions asked. It took me near 8 months to get mine. I swear on hard 75% of the time was full party skunks. I did loot 3 back to back.