PDA

View Full Version : Make promotions available to TP cards

Schmoe
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Over in this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=339283), people who purchased a Turbine Point card were unable to get the extra bonus points offered in the weekend promotion. I was one of those people. Following that experience, I would like to make the following suggestion:

Add a promotion code for each future Bonus Point promotion that is valid for the duration of a particular promotion. When a customer redeems their Turbine Point card, they can also enter this promotion code and get the extra bonus points that are part of the promotion.

This would ensure that all customers have equal access to Turbine Point bonus promotions.

Missing_Minds
09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm no business major, but I think it would not be cost effective to impliment such a feature. While nice for the consumer, the overhead from having to rig up additional systems, keep track of when a card was sold (so you'd get the correct promo), let alone the handling of such codes.

Let alone it could also cost more to make a change to the contract with the company that is handling the point cards.

Schmoe
09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm no business major, but I think it would not be cost effective to impliment such a feature. While nice for the consumer, the overhead from having to rig up additional systems, keep track of when a card was sold (so you'd get the correct promo), let alone the handling of such codes.

Let alone it could also cost more to make a change to the contract with the company that is handling the point cards.

Actually, I was picturing that the promotion would be tied to the time the card was redeemed, not tied to the time the card was purchased. I agree that tying it to the date of purchase would be a difficult system challenge. Tying it to the time of redemption should be fairly simple.

I don't know why this would require a change to a contract with the company handling the point cards. I can't see any reason that it should.

Quetzacoala
09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Makes sense to me, think that is a phenomenal idea which could go a long way to making things fairer to those who buy Turbine Point Cards.

Stormanne
09-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Now, I ask you this simple question - Why would a company give you a bonus for NOT buying directly from them?

***WARNING, ASSUMPTION AHEAD***

A very realistic possibility for why the bonus points are only attached to Turbine Points packs purchased from the DDO/LoTRO store is to encourage players to buy them from Turbine. That makes it a direct and complete profit product for them. Buying points from retailers negates that full profit, as Turbine had to pay for manufacturing and distribution of the cards. So, basically, the bonus points you want attached to the points cards already exist, they were just used to make and ship the cards to the retailers...

Dysmetria
09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Turbine had to pay for manufacturing and distribution of the cards.They also had to cut the price off of the face value of the card to make it worth it for those retailers to sell it.

The simple fact of this matter is Turbine makes more per point during these promotions off their site than they do from those card sales.