PDA

View Full Version : Dragontouched Shields

Morlen
09-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Just a thought... Since the sword and board playstyle is still attempting to be made a viable choice, and this armor creating system is already in place... Why not add shields to the table? It is possible that being able to have DT armor AND shields would be overpowered with the ammount of customizable slots, but that's all I can come up with.

However, this would be a great addition to the game in my oppinion. Levvik's Defender was the choice shield to go to for Stalwart Defenders for a time, but now that you can't sit there and shield block for an entire boss fight the extra blocking DR is nearly pointless. There aren't a lot of shields out there with a lot of useful abilities on them. DT Shields would add a lot of perks for giving up your off hand weapon.

Anyway, thoughts? Comments? Constructive critisism?

Nospheratus
09-06-2011, 05:42 AM
I like the idea of making DT shields. Would consider going back to the RR for that.

DragonTroy
09-06-2011, 06:08 AM
this normally be a good idea, i agree with you, if not for the new pack that's coming out with changed pre's. along with the new alchemical weapons, they're also giving us alchemical shields, which should be able to have the same effects as the weapons i presume.

some notable effects i think will be good on the sheilds: double strike 6%(this would be especially nice if it would proc on your main hand weapon), air guard (you cant expect permanent haste, and the knock down effect is nice for trash too) lightning strike

so they could be nice :D

sirgog
09-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Alchemical shields will cover this niche.

+5 Mithral Tower Shields with Heightened Awareness 4, +2 exceptional Dex, 6% Doublestrike (applies to your weapon) and Lightning Strike (applies to your shield bashes) - just sick.

Oh and did we mention - can be upgraded to +7?

Nospheratus
09-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Alchemical shields will cover this niche.

+5 Mithral Tower Shields with Heightened Awareness 4, +2 exceptional Dex, 6% Doublestrike (applies to your weapon) and Lightning Strike (applies to your shield bashes) - just sick.

Oh and did we mention - can be upgraded to +7?

Yeah, that is sick. I like it!

Despite all good effects you can put on those, DT has different ones.
Some good ones:
- Agro enhancement
- Healing amp
- +6 to one ability score
- Several types of guards (even though when using a shield probably means you want AC and not be hit)
- Dodge +3

I'd call them different only. The DT would probably offer some versatility and would be good as an item you would probably use in only a handful of situations if you have the alchemical one.

Skavenaps
09-06-2011, 07:23 AM
i really like that idea! yep will be a good form to make me farm again RR.

licho
09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I love idea of DT shield.

I will also propose to at least consider some other dragontouched items.
Yes it could be possible overpowered if you are dress up all in DT, but... nowadays RR has so limited loot as for lv17 pack. DT armour is cool, but if you plan to have something else in body slot there is nothing else.
So i wish to see either some dragon themed loot in pack quest. Or at least add some others dragontouched accesories.

Bogenbroom
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Agreed. DT Shield would be very helpful and would cover a niche that I don't think the new U11 stuff will. the new u11 stuff appears (to me) to be heavy grind gear. DT is a nice balance in the gear world. Easy to get *something* more difficult to get the perfect thing.