PDA

View Full Version : Third Warchanter PrE

Kaldaka
09-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I think a hate gen single target song is in order here ...

Aashrym
09-03-2011, 09:59 PM

I think a hate gen song sounds great in a game mechanic sort of way. A lot more songs in general would be good.

protokon
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Anything really - I hate how limited my warchanter is (or really, how simple he is). I sing three songs and I'm done, I am about to reincarnate him into a spellsinger...

some incentive to keep playing warchanter would be nice.

Victor_1
09-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd want of short term buff song on my warchanter. Currently, there are almost no point having 10+ song usage.
So with the changes to damage boost in U11 in mind... % base damage increase for 10-30 seconds with long cool down, short activate time.

Lets us sing, and lets the group perform better than ever :D

TheDjinnFor
09-03-2011, 10:41 PM
some incentive to keep playing warchanter would be nice.

No kidding... +2 damage, dr 5/-, and greater heroism just doesn't cut it anymore imo.

protokon
09-03-2011, 10:59 PM
No kidding... +2 damage, dr 5/-, and greater heroism just doesn't cut it anymore imo.

well inspire wrecklessness is a nice boost too, but still not enough IMHO :)

Aashrym
09-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Give them the song that grants evasion with war chanter III. I'm sure that would be welcome.

EDIT: Depending on which supplement it's taken from the song is called warning shout or victor's luck.

Kahath
09-04-2011, 05:21 AM

Since Bard have been the end of the line in terms of dev love for a long time now, I believe something more awesome is required.

Give them the UMD enhancement line from Artificers.

Bard Warchanter III
You have reached the pinnacle of battle awareness, gaining an additional +20 maximum hit points, for a total of +30. Additional +2 to intimidate for a total of +6. You have gained the ability to boost your critical threat range in a weapon class you are familiar with, or to produce a stacking +6 damage and bonus to confirm a critical before multipliers for you and your allies.
Cost: 2 Action points
Requires: Bard Inspired Attack III, Bard Inspired Damage III, Bard Warchanter II

Inspire Precision
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Duration: 60 Seconds
Expend a usage of bardic music to grant all allies +6 damage and bonus to confirm a critical before multiplier.
Cost: 2 Action Points
Requires: Bard Warchanter III

Song of Fierceness: Slashing
Cooldown: 120 Seconds
Duration: 60 Seconds
Target: Self, Friend
You may sing a song granting you +1 to critical threat range for slashing weapons.
Cost: 2 Action points
Requires: Weapon Focus: Slashing, Improved Critical: Slashing, Bard Warchanter III

Imagine all the others just for bludgeoning, ranged, piercing and thrown. I am willing to accept a higher cooldown to avoid buff-everyone-easy-button.

Song of Fierceness may never be mass, for fear of easy button. But please rework the ToD ring to something that increases both damage/attack on the first song, and perhaps another +4 seeker damage for Inspire Precision.

/one can still dream can't he?

Zachski
09-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I want a Skald-ish captsone :[