PDA

View Full Version : Cleric inflict wounds

le_goat
09-01-2011, 03:02 PM
the cleric spells inflict (light ,moderate,serious etc..) wounds needs it range to be like the cure spells,along with the Harm spell needs its range equal to the Heal spell.

just don't see a reason why its not.

somenewnoob
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
/signed like......well I can't think of anything that rhymes with signed

Habreno
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I am a Cleric and I approve this message.

Zachski
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
/signed

I would love to play a Caster Cleric whose damage spells are boosted by the same thing that boosts his healing spells.

Not to mention it gives you that "Dark Priest" vibe which used to be a little more common until WoW came along, thus scaring companies into not using the trope for fear of being accused of ripping off WoW.

Kinerd
09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
It is odd. According to the srd at http://www.d20srd.org all the cure/inflict/harm/heals are touch range, but in DDO cure/harm/heal all have goodly ranges and inflict all have piddly ranges. I wonder if it's even intentional?

Zachski
09-01-2011, 05:58 PM
It is odd. According to the srd at http://www.d20srd.org all the cure/inflict/harm/heals are touch range, but in DDO cure/harm/heal all have goodly ranges and inflict all have piddly ranges. I wonder if it's even intentional?

I guess Turbine was trying to subtly push Cleric into the "Healer" position in the party.

arjiwan
09-01-2011, 10:32 PM
And while you are it, may I add to the suggestion,

When using harm on friendly undead, can we remove the Line of Sight requirement?

A pale master is kiting the shadows, he runs and he jumps and jumps. Oh no! He is hit! Never fear, (if you are not immune to fear), the heroic cleric will save you Pale Master friend! *Ding*. You are not facing pale master friend because he is running and jumping all over the place.

kartos
09-02-2011, 01:54 AM
and while we're at it, allow us to choose inflict spells instead of cure spells

Antheal
09-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Or just give us Domains. Y'know, like they have in Dungeons & Dragons.

Yvonnel-1
09-02-2011, 02:40 AM
its touch-> to the cleric granted negative energy effect from deity directly induced to the target by touch

so:

sounds to me that rather positives (heal spells) should be threatened like that too

fazit:

better leave it as it is :)

Letrii
09-02-2011, 03:47 AM
and while we're at it, allow us to choose inflict spells instead of cure spells

We're not allowed to be evil.

Zachski
09-02-2011, 04:29 AM
its touch-> to the cleric granted negative energy effect from deity directly induced to the target by touch

so:

sounds to me that rather positives (heal spells) should be threatened like that too

fazit:

better leave it as it is :)

Or make it so Inflict spells work exactly like Cure spells, except on the opposite side of the spectrum, which is how they're supposed to work.

Being able to use cure spells at a distance and not inflict spells is like being able to use teaspoon but not a tablespoon.

Yvonnel-1
09-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Or make it so Inflict spells work exactly like Cure spells, except on the opposite side of the spectrum, which is how they're supposed to work.

Being able to use cure spells at a distance and not inflict spells is like being able to use teaspoon but not a tablespoon.

thats the thing i meant - in first place its worse for both, curatives and inflicts were touch, so i see the range on heals as positive and am thankful for that; sometimes even i can say "thank u" and not cry for more ;)

u say "how supposed to work" and thats the point i said, were lucky its not THAT way or both kinds would be touch:(
oposite side of the spectrum is just not the intented way its supposed to ;)

Zachski
09-02-2011, 04:52 AM
thats the thing i meant - in first place its worse for both, curatives and inflicts were touch, so i see the range on heals as positive and am thankful for that; sometimes even i can say "thank u" and not cry for more ;)

u say "how supposed to work" and thats the point i said, were lucky its not THAT way or both kinds would be touch:(
oposite side of the spectrum is just not the intented way its supposed to ;)

Healing and Harming are two sides of the same coin. They are supposed to be almost exactly alike, except one works with positive energy and the other works with negative energy.

You say "It could be worse" and I say "It can and should be better".

Gauthaag
09-02-2011, 04:56 AM
no. imho its wai, cause it will be really difficult to heal party members if cure spells work only in touch range.

also having no LoS requirement for harm is pretty ridiculous. why should it be this way when heal still needs LoS?

Yvonnel-1
09-02-2011, 06:08 AM
You say "It could be worse" and I say "It can and should be better".

yep, COULD be both, still im content with a harm on those that come close to me and am grateful i dont have to run after the freaking dwarf to heal him ^^ nps after all