PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement Reset Question

Lode
09-01-2011, 01:42 AM
I've been following a template for my first character ("Genghis Khan" bard) so my levels have gone:

1 - bard
2 - fighter
3 - barbarian
4 - barbarian
5 - fighter
6 - bard

Today I reset my action points and I'm trying to re-acquire fighter/barb enhancements. After ages trying to dig them out of the list I can't find them anywhere. Shouldn't I be able to get these since I have 2 levels in those classes? How can I retrain them? Thanks so much for any help.

FuzzyDuck81
09-01-2011, 01:55 AM
some enhancements require you to have spent a certain amount already - you can view the whole list by hitting the "show all enhancements" (or similar) box which will display everything with ones you dont yet qualify for greyed out - you can mouse over them to see any prereqs for them.

Lode
09-01-2011, 01:59 AM
you can view the whole list by hitting the "show all enhancements" (or similar) box which will display everything with ones you dont yet qualify for greyed out

I have done this. It still lists ONLY bard enhancements.

FuzzyDuck81
09-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Thats very odd - i'd try restarting the client completely in case its a display error first.. if that doesnt sort it then you should probably bug report it with screenshots

Letrii
09-01-2011, 05:29 AM
You are multi-class, will need to go between different trainers. Bard trainer for bard enhancements, fighter trainer for fighter enhancements, and barbarian trainer for barbarian enhancements. At least I think you would.

badkhan
09-01-2011, 05:32 AM
As far i know he shoudn't need to go to different trainers for enhencements. If he double checked everything then it's probably a bug.

Lode
09-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback. here is what I am looking at:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddoenh1.png
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddoenh2.png

As you can see, 'show unavailable' is definitely checked and it's the same for both my character sheet and the training window. I tried the fight/barb trainers and they just told me to take a hike. Frustrating!

I put in a support ticket, so I really hope they help fix this. However, the confirmation email made it very clear that in-game support will not be answered for free accounts regarding harrassment or gameplay issues, so I hope they don't just glance, think it's gameplay, and dismiss it.

Buggss
09-01-2011, 08:13 AM
You are multi-class, will need to go between different trainers. Bard trainer for bard enhancements, fighter trainer for fighter enhancements, and barbarian trainer for barbarian enhancements. At least I think you would.

Completely wrong, with 19 barb lvls and 1 rogue level you could still go to the rogue trainer and still get the complete set of barb enhancements to use.

Buggss
09-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback. here is what I am looking at:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddoenh1.png
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddoenh2.png

As you can see, 'show unavailable' is definitely checked and it's the same for both my character sheet and the training window. I tried the fight/barb trainers and they just told me to take a hike. Frustrating!

I put in a support ticket, so I really hope they help fix this. However, the confirmation email made it very clear that in-game support will not be answered for free accounts regarding harrassment or gameplay issues, so I hope they don't just glance, think it's gameplay, and dismiss it.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your front main character sheet?

FuzzyDuck81
09-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Have you tried scrolling further down the list? theres a lot of extra scrollbar there...seems the most silly thing to ask but sometimes ppl have brainfarts :)

Buggss
09-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Have you tried scrolling further down the list? theres a lot of extra scrollbar there...seems the most silly thing to ask but sometimes ppl have brainfarts :)

Wouldn't be that, the barb enhancements would appear above bard and fighter would appear above half-orc as everything's alphabetically ordered.

Lode
09-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Have you tried scrolling further down the list?
Yes.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your front main character sheet?
Certainly:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddocharsheet.png

And here is a shot of my feats so you can see I definitely have taken multiclass levels: Martial weapons, trip, sunder, etc.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddofeats.png

But here is something else very strange now that I look. I have Rage from level 1 barb on my action bar, and I can use it. However I don't see it in my feat list anywhere...

I tried reinstalling the game and that hasn't accomplished anything.

Noneof
09-01-2011, 09:17 AM
According to your screenshot you only have Bard levels. That is why fighter and barb enhancements don't appear.

BruceTheHoon
09-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Certainly:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddocharsheet.png

It says Bard 6 in this picture. :confused:

Lode
09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I get that that's what it says, but I took levels in the order of my first post and I still have fighter and barb feats to prove it.

Something is really screwy.

WielderofGigantus
09-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Did you Reincarnate this character? Because if you have levels in something other than bard, they should still be there.

And what feats from fighter and barbarian do you still have?

Buggss
09-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Yes.

Certainly:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddocharsheet.png...

That's why I asked, there's no other reason those enhancements lines shouldn't appear.

And that's your answer. The fighter and barb lines don't appear because you don't have any levels in either of them.

Your barb enhancements in your action bars will appear the same as on a caster who has changed out a spell, still in the bar but greyed out and unusable.

As for your feats I don't see anything on the list that a bard 6 couldn't take, doesn't taking warchanter PRE give you some more martial proficiencies?

dkyle
09-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I get that that's what it says, but I took levels in the order of my first post and I still have fighter and barb feats to prove it.

Something is really screwy.

Your screenshot of your feats proves nothing.

Bards get Rapiers, which are shown under Martial Proficiency. Having Martial Proficiency on your sheet doesn't mean you have all the martial proficiencies. It just means you have at least one.

Also, everyone gets Trip and Sunder when they get BAB 1. Including Bards, and even Wizards.

Do you have a Rage feat? Dismiss Rage feat? Those would prove you have barbarian levels.

Buggss
09-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Took a look at wiki and to have the suggestion feat you'd require bard 6 so the game definitely thinks that's your build so far.

Lode
09-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Please look! http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/wowlode/other/ddoraaage.png

Rage is not in my feat list anymore but it's still there in my action bar. Sorry for the mistake on the other feats, I'm not up on all of the mechanics yet, but I think Power Attack is fighter and I still have that too. Other feats I should have are missing from my list.

Lode
09-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Also to add, this is not a reincarnation, this is essentially my first DDO character. I didn't want to have to reroll because I used a gift code my friend gave me from PAX. I know for absolute certain the order I took levels is as I stated in post 1.

Buggss
09-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Um... that's the spell rage.

Also with a strength of 13+ any character can have the power attack feat.

Also to add, this is not a reincarnation, this is essentially my first DDO character. I didn't want to have to reroll because I used a gift code my friend gave me from PAX. I know for absolute certain the order I took levels is as I stated in post 1.

However I will add I have no idea how you could've changed from your OP lvl list to bard 6. That IS something I can't explain.

dkyle
09-01-2011, 10:09 AM

Did you change your hotbars since doing the reset? Because Rage and Blur are level 2 spells, which means you'd have to be a level 4 Bard to have them. If you had level'd according to your first post, you'd only have been a level 2 Bard. So, if you didn't change your hotbars, you must of been the wrong levels before.

Sounds to me like you were mistaken on how you level up a multiclass character. Did you talk to the Barbarian and Fighter trainers, instead of the Bard trainer?

Buggss
09-01-2011, 10:13 AM
......Sounds to me like you were mistaken on how you level up a multiclass character. Did you talk to the Barbarian and Fighter trainers, instead of the Bard trainer?

I considered that possibility too but as Lode is saying he/she had fighter and barb enhancements in the past, I assumed that degree of knowledge would mean that mistake was unlikely.

As it's been asked though I'd be interested in an answer myself.

MaugDeepaxe
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Go to your characters page.
Click 'view full list' on your character log.
Tick 'Classes' checkbox and click 'apply filters'.
Scroll down and see if you see the missing multiclass levels. Post screenshot here.

Also I noticed that your join date was 2010. When I looked up your characters name there was another character with that name on another server but it was archived. You sure you logged onto the right one?

Backley
09-01-2011, 01:08 PM
MyDDO also agrees you only took Bard levels:
http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/psalterion/

Sounds like you were confused when leveling, only actually took Bard levels at a Bard trainer, and have the Rage spell on your hotbar.