PDA

View Full Version : Character Portraits

undeadted
08-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Here is the first of a series of character portraits I plan on doing for each of my characters. I tried to keep it as accurate as possible, but some of it was just begging to be redesigned. Gimballock usually wears a +5 mithral breast plate, and as many of you know some of the best random armors look worse than masterwork.

The basic concept behind this character was that she would be a fighter with rogue skills and evasion. Started out going with the Tempest line, and I was not impressed. Three LR's later she ended up as a Rogue1/Ranger7/Fighter12 going up to Kensai 2 with greatswords. She never made it that far.

Sadly, Gimballock was forced into early retirement by her 18/2 FVS Monk sister, so she will likey live out the rest of her days as a mule. It's tragic, but I just can't really get into melee's other than Monks. I think I like the idea of chopping things up with a big sword as opposed to actually doing it.

Also, ignore my forum join date. I am returning player from the early days when a nuking caster was a sick joke and heavy fort items seemed like a rumor. I am truly glad the days of the web/haste bot are gone.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1553/gimballocksmall3.jpg

Arctik
08-31-2011, 11:52 PM
THAT, is really cool!

How do I get one?

:D

undeadted
09-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Easy! Just roll up a gimpy elf all the power gamers complain about. I should read my own posts more carefully, the build actually has 2 rogue levels and 6 ranger.

Dawnsfire
09-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Fantastic job! That armor looks better than any I have found in game so far :(

Windex69
09-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Great job!

Alabore
09-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Sigh...

:rolleyes:

* Throws own pencils into a nice raging bonfire *

Can't even give +1 green cookies.
Must bake a new batch, first.

Ironforge_Clan
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Absolutely fantastic! I wish Turbine would hire you to do their design work.

sacredguyver
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Sigh...

:rolleyes:

Can't even give +1 green cookies.
Must bake a new batch, first.
Tagged them for you. :D

Also: I want one, too. :3

danotmano1998
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
If that is your own original artwork, it's a masterpiece.

Fantastic work. Please tell me you're applying to the next great MMO to design their armor and appearances.

NytCrawlr
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah, original work or not, it looks great.

Wish I could do this for my own characters.

Gave you a +1 for a fantastic job! :)

Cobra13e
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Well I said in your Beholder thread to show us more of your work and here it is.
You have some real talent; is this something you do as a hobby or professionally?
I ask because you should be doing it professionally!

undeadted
09-05-2011, 04:01 AM
is this something you do as a hobby or professionally?
I ask because you should be doing it professionally!

Both. I appreciate all the feedback, I spent some time this weekend working on a portrait for my sorceress and decided to add something special that only a DDO player can appreciate. The death of Coyle! I want to kill him way back when I first ran into this little freak, but sadly we were never given the chance. I guess this will have to do.

You should burn your pencils. What you really need is a stylus tablet if you don't have one already. Drawing with a mouse is like punching yourself in the balls over and over again. Art doesn't really have any rules except one: never give up! Sometimes people get the impression art is about talent, but in reality it is all about perserverance. Like everything else your skill is more or less the equivalent to the amount of time you put into it. Artists generally won't show you all the epic failures they've had in the past either. I know I won't. I was born this way...really!

Alabore
09-05-2011, 07:52 AM
You should burn your pencils.

That, I am afraid, it's not really possible.
Wielding pencils is a bit of a schtick, a gimmick of mine.
But it's still astounding to me what hardware AND technique can do, these days, to enhance natural talent.

:)

I baked a new batch of cookies, please, accept a couple or twenty.

Neverwinterer
09-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Amazing!!! Pure Art indeed.

And if you are making Coyle's death... could it be desktop sized? Pleeeeaaaasseeee!!! :D :D :D

Aliss7
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
That is a beautiful mithral breastplate.