PDA

View Full Version : Way to challenge players and spread chaos in quests

Vellrad
08-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi, my idea is simple. I don't know if anyone else suggested it before. Here it goes:
Give enemy casters (of sufficient level of course) dominate monster and similiar spells to use against players.
When player gets dominated, he acts like a mob (casting, healing, attacking etc, but not using items). He/she should get serious temprorary damage nerf (like 90% for casters, 50% for melee- player dealing 2k damage to other players, having 600HP would be too much).
If it would be too hard, it should be reserved to engame elites, and epics.
What do you think about it?

Quick edit: and of course, killed dominated player shouldn't drop collectables/scrolls etc :))

grodon9999
09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi, my idea is simple. I don't know if anyone else suggested it before. Here it goes:
Give enemy casters (of sufficient level of course) dominate monster and similiar spells to use against players.
When player gets dominated, he acts like a mob (casting, healing, attacking etc, but not using items). He/she should get serious temprorary damage nerf (like 90% for casters, 50% for melee- player dealing 2k damage to other players, having 600HP would be too much).
If it would be too hard, it should be reserved to engame elites, and epics.
What do you think about it?

Quick edit: and of course, killed dominated player shouldn't drop collectables/scrolls etc :))

Protections from Evil makes you immune.

Jackl
09-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Sure, PfE does make you immune ..but then you got that off-chance that in the buff bar that goes all the way across the screen you miss the icon and *Ohi flayer_01, how you doin today bra?..Kill that cleric ? Yea, I can do that*

Truga
09-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Protections from Evil makes you immune.

And dispel makes you vulnerable again. I have no idea how high level enemy casters walk around without greater dispel/break enchantment/disjunction. I use them all the time to break mass deathward in IQ, for example. Enemies should do this too.

grodon9999
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
And dispel makes you vulnerable again. I have no idea how high level enemy casters walk around without greater dispel/break enchantment/disjunction. I use them all the time to break mass deathward in IQ, for example. Enemies should do this too.

But . .. that would make a hell of a lot more sense than giving trash mobs 4000 HP, +90 to-hit, and 65 AC. :)

But then the cries of 'Buff Meh!' would get too annoying.

Truga
09-01-2011, 08:40 AM
But . .. that would make a hell of a lot more sense than giving trash mobs 4000 HP, +90 to-hit, and 65 AC. :)

It'd be the final nail in extend's coffin, that's for sure. And in most single target buffs.

Memnir
09-01-2011, 08:44 AM
/not signed

Anything that takes a character's actions out of the player's hands would only lead to really bad reactions.

voodoogroves
09-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Been saying this for a while. I absolutely want them to do this. I'd love to see some mobs who's first reaction is "dispel" others where it is maybe in their AI chain after a failed result, a bit later, etc.

But . .. that would make a hell of a lot more sense than giving trash mobs 4000 HP, +90 to-hit, and 65 AC.

If it lowered mob HP the effect would be more of a shift towards players carrying a bit more on their gear other than MOAR DPS ADDS

... and also constant re-ship-buffing