PDA

View Full Version : Control Weather

MalkavianX
08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
My daughter just came up with a great suggestion. An item/spell/ability/what have you, that allows you to control the weather. Not really control it, but turn it off. Ever zone into marketplace when it's raining and have your screen go all choppy? (I know I can solve this by getting a better computer, that's not the point.) Want to do something about it? ZAP! Oh look, it stopped raining! Yay me!

Make it usable only in town like the Phiarlan pendant.
Give it 1 or even 3 charges.
Give it a cool graphic like a pendant shaped like a cloud with a lightning bolt shooting out of it. (I know you're just as tired as I am seeing the same graphic used over and over ;))
Have it only affect the user of the pendant.... or not.

Say no to the rain!

Diyon
08-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Or, make the actual spell when druid's are released so they can get bonuses from the call lightning spells and just be utterly awesome by calling down a storm on the entire quest.

TekkenDevil
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Not trying to be that one useless guy, but you should really really look into upgrading a tiny bit. It's not that you can't play the game on good settings, it's just that, well...

On setups I played the game on, fog that reduces draw distance, or rain that actually lessens the variety of colors created the effect that the game actually ran smoother.

But if your set up gets that entire thing reversed, and these effects actually make it slower, that must mean it's really, really under-qualified to play it, such as a very small RAM or a very old CPU/GPU.

Kenpai
08-30-2011, 05:56 PM
They should put in an option in the Advanced Graphics menu for weather. Something like:
- Always sunny
- Always rainy
- Always foggy
- Random
- Fiery death from above

mournbladereigns
08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Or, make the actual spell when druid's are released so they can get bonuses from the call lightning spells and just be utterly awesome by calling down a storm on the entire quest.

instance-wide sleet storm ftw! :)

der_kluge
08-30-2011, 06:06 PM
They should put in an option in the Advanced Graphics menu for weather. Something like:
- Always sunny
- Always rainy
- Always foggy
- Random
- Fiery death from above

lol!

/signed!

AnYtHiNg23
08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
The advanced Graphics setting do allow you to tweak many different things - It's possible to reduce the 'Environmental Settings' to virtually nothing.

Just a suggestion (and its cheaper than buying a new 'pooter!)

MalkavianX
08-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Not trying to be that one useless guy, but you should really really look into upgrading a tiny bit. It's not that you can't play the game on good settings, it's just that, well...

On setups I played the game on, fog that reduces draw distance, or rain that actually lessens the variety of colors created the effect that the game actually ran smoother.

But if your set up gets that entire thing reversed, and these effects actually make it slower, that must mean it's really, really under-qualified to play it, such as a very small RAM or a very old CPU/GPU.

Oh it's not my computer. I only have that problem in the marketplace. I didn't even slow down during the Cryatal Cove event when there were 9 gazillion people running around.

Only marketplace and only when it's raining.

I know I can turn the enviromental settings off, but if I did that I wouldn't have anything to complain about.....

Besides, that's not what this post was about at all. It was about a clicky that would allow you to turn off the weather. Not about peoples computers, not about their settings and certainly not about druids.

Schmoe
08-31-2011, 07:45 AM
So, what happens when you have 10 people in the Marketplace all trying to control the weather?

Letrii
08-31-2011, 08:47 AM
So, what happens when you have 10 people in the Marketplace all trying to control the weather?

They wake up Khyber.

Schmoe
08-31-2011, 09:31 AM
They wake up Khyber.

A a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, and a monk walk into the Khyber marketplace... :D

Diyon
08-31-2011, 10:08 AM
A a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, a druid, and a monk walk into the Khyber marketplace... :D

...form a raid group, go into the sub, and promtly disband over an argument because someone started using grease and sleetstorms in the entry area.

MalkavianX
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM

That's the beauty of it, it'd turn it off only. So if it's off already, someone else using it wouldn't do anything. Or it could just affect the person using it.

Kalari
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM

Woo call lightning ftw I still have tons of Reaver cookies just so I can walk around pretending to be a druid.. which is kinda sad since I am already pretending to be an elven wizard but my elven wizard has a druid fetish so I pretend as her to be a druid who calls down lightning...

I need help :p

Schmoe
08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
That's the beauty of it, it'd turn it off only. So if it's off already, someone else using it wouldn't do anything. Or it could just affect the person using it.

So what you are really asking for is a way to disable weather affects for everyone in the game? Somehow I don't think that's gonna fly.