PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of DDO Store clothing. (No seriously.)

TekkenDevil
08-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Days later I return to this topic only to find all my subsequent posts neglected.
Let me refresh:

P2P for Appearance is ****. Make it a F2P mechanic, but with DDO Store items to speed it up, just like with Crafting.
Make appearance have a meaning behind it.

>>WITH THAT SAID, IT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON A LOT. I UNDERSTAND THAT BEFORE AK, EVERYONE LOOKED THE EXACT SAME. YOU PEOPLE REPEATED THIS POINT NUMEROUS TIMES, EVEN THOUGH I ADDRESSED IT ALREADY IN ONE OF MY SUBSEQUENT POSTS.<<

Armor Kits, as they are now, have the following problems:

1. There's *still* a very limited amount of customizations.
2. Does very poor at making people more unique. Might have added some variety, true, but the core problem still very much exists.
3. The over-stylized AK's only serve to make people look smug. "Oh yeah, I paid for it with real life money." Characters of all levels are wearing clothes that makes them look extremely important, giving a false message of venerability and dedication to the game. I mean really, it looks like something you'd get from epic crafting.
4. It's a tactic straight out of, like, every single other Micro-Transactions MMO ever before. It's a greedy, detrimental mechanic to base appearance customization on P2P mechanics. I would have thought Turbine is above this sort of stuff.

Rework it, Turbine! You can still make money off of it, even if you change the mechanics to not be lame.

AND NO I'M NOT SAYING EVERYONE WHO PAID FOR THEM SHOULD LOSE THEM.
Obviously they should be allowed to keep their kits, duh!

Doomcrew
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
"LOOK AT ME! I AM A VIP! Oh wait nobody cares. Why did I buy this again?"

Yes, only VIP's buy the Armor Kits to look cool ........

TL;DR -
I saw 100 Warforged today, and every other day before it, all wearing the same "cool" black armor that's available on the DDO store. There used to be a time when wearing a cool docent without being gimped meant something. I want that mechanic back and worked on.

And not that long ago, those same WF's were wearing a DT Docent.

gerardIII
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM

No it was DoD or DoQ.

TekkenDevil
08-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes, only VIP's buy the Armor Kits to look cool ........

It doesn't matter what the actual facts are. As I demonstrated simply by saying that, this is the effect that they give to people like me. Plus, honestly, how many people out there go ahead and add Turbine Points to their account just to buy an appearance kit 6 trillion others are already using? I can't imagine that there are enough people to make much of a profit out of it. I would bet that most people buying them are customers who have points 'left over' from buying stuff or being VIP and don't mind spending the remainders this way. If this is true, and I have no good reason to believe that it is not, then Turbine isn't ACTUALLY making a profit from Armor Kits to begin with, making the whole thing even more stupid and unnecessary.

On endgame, yes.

Your second reply details why we asked Turbine to work on customizations to begin with.
My OP details how they failed at it.

der_kluge
08-30-2011, 05:41 PM
The armor customization kits seemed to have failed for the very reason that I see very, very few of them in-game.

The ROI simply isn't there on those. Meaning, they probably spent way too much coding that as it was (poorly implemented, IMHO, and NOT what people wanted), and has sold very poorly.

TekkenDevil
08-30-2011, 05:42 PM
The armor customization kits seemed to have failed for the very reason that I see very, very few of them in-game.

The ROI simply isn't there on those. Meaning, they probably spent way too much coding that as it was (poorly implemented, IMHO, and NOT what people wanted), and has sold very poorly.

Well, on Khyber, I see way too many people wearing them. It seems it's to the point where they're either non-existant on a server, or so popular that they aren't even unique anymore.

DawnofEntropy
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Seriously dude I play ghallanda few people use them and they're still pretty cool.
I'd say that i'd rather have them add armor dyes and paint to change our existing armor's color rather than truly change it.
If what you say happens then new players will whine they can't get them and it'll cut off a huge group of buyers. If you make old users remove them people will rage quit even if they get their money back. just keep them in. No harm caused. Oh well get over it.

TekkenDevil
08-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Seriously dude I play ghallanda few people use them and they're still pretty cool.
I'd say that i'd rather have them add armor dyes and paint to change our existing armor's color rather than truly change it.
If what you say happens then new players will whine they can't get them and it'll cut off a huge group of buyers. If you make old users remove them people will rage quit even if they get their money back. just keep them in. No harm caused. Oh well get over it.

1. As someone who's seen this stuff in every other "F2P" MMO ever made. I can tell you one thing for certain: They are not cool. I have never understood what's cool about spending real money on supporting the RP of your character in an MMO. Or in any game. It should have always been a gameplay mechanic. Again, I'm not shy to spend money. I'm saying that this is flat-out stupid and detrimental.

2. Armor dyes = crafting. Again, a GAMEPLAY mechanic. Not a Turbine Points mechanic. That does not make it fun. That does not make it a true part of the game, when it should be. That does not fit in to the term RPG.

3. People who already bought them don't have to lose the Armor Kits. They can keep it.

4. New Players won't rage quit when they see others can craft unique looking armors. On the contrary, they WILL rage quit when they see that the only way they can get them is through spending real life money on it. Furthermore, people like me, who have seen this terribly greedy, stupid mechanic in just about every other MMO-type game ever will lose a sizable amount of respect for DDO. Heck, if this stuff were added before I started playing, I honestly doubt I would have spent this much money on the game, just out of sheer principal.

5. I've already gone over on why I don't even think Turbine is actually making much money that they can directly attribute to Armor Kits to begin with. Read it in one of my previous posts.

6. "No harm done" is false. As I keep saying, it is nothing but detrimental to an MMO's gameplay.

Doomcrew
08-30-2011, 07:13 PM
1. As someone who's seen this stuff in every other "F2P" MMO ever made. I can tell you one thing for certain: They are not cool. I have never understood what's cool about spending real money on supporting the RP of your character in an MMO.

In your opinion,"they are not cool", some folks may find them "cool". This comes
down to what each individual deems "cool" and or fun.

Just cause you don't understand whats going on, don't mean it makes no sense.

blkcat1028
08-30-2011, 07:22 PM
It doesn't matter what the actual facts are. As I demonstrated simply by saying that, this is the effect that they give to people like me. Plus, honestly, how many people out there go ahead and add Turbine Points to their account just to buy an appearance kit 6 trillion others are already using? I can't imagine that there are enough people to make much of a profit out of it. I would bet that most people buying them are customers who have points 'left over' from buying stuff or being VIP and don't mind spending the remainders this way. If this is true, and I have no good reason to believe that it is not, then Turbine isn't ACTUALLY making a profit from Armor Kits to begin with, making the whole thing even more stupid and unnecessary.

See red above ^

Since you are not considering the actual facts, your statement is a matter of opinion.

I have purchased a few of the kits because they were far better than the default skin of my armour. DT leather armour is hideous and I was happy to change the appearance.

mournbladereigns
08-30-2011, 07:29 PM
I thought they started selling T-shirts in the DDO Store, and I was like Wootz, I can get a kobold still hates you T-shirt!

Then I see that this is a thread about buying armor-kits being pay 2 be cool. I was disappointed.

That said, I demand T-Shirts and Kobold plushies! Just make sure the T-shirts come in sizes up to 8XL:)

Nobody messes with the Union!

Bufo_Alvarius
08-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Before armor kits everyone and their mother was some shade of powder blue. Get over it OP, its better than attack of the clones.

Norean
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
I like armor kits and I see people using them all the time. I use them myself. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just thought my armor looked ugly.

wey4lust
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I dont see your problem, dont want it, dont buy it. I use Ak all the time, and im not a vip just like them.

Gremmlynn
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Huh?

Get rid of one of the few things they sell that has no effect on actual game play?

Much better to sell more win and easy buttons than to let players look, in their opinion, good while winning or losing on their own?

One of the, IMO, silliest suggestions I've seen yet.

Deanarth
08-30-2011, 07:57 PM
What upsets me are the +1/2 tomes and the weapons and armor they sell in the store. In my opinion these gameplay increasing items that benefit from real money are far worse than any armor kit. But either way, Turbine has made the decision to sell them, which imo gives people with more disposable income a bigger advantage when starting off.

But in the end each person has his opinion. I prefer real money for the cosmetics and in game only for performance enhancers (this doesn't mean I haven't bought a few).

FrozenNova
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
What is it you want?
All the money-wasting cosmetics out of the store so VIPs can spend more time buying spellpoint potions?
Microtransactions with no impact on gameplay are the literal least of our concerns.

The tome and equipment selection is absolutely fine. Any person willing to spend that much on a tome can feel free to waste his money.

protokon
08-30-2011, 07:59 PM
LOL I will agree with you op...as soon as we see lfm's stating:

"Link your armor kits to get in my raid"

Robi3.0
08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I like armor kits and head gear. I want more of them. I definitely don't want them remove from the store.

Musouka
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Didn't the Devs say that the armor kits would also end up appearing in chests and rewards, way back when they first came out? I've yet to see that ever get implemented.

cdbd3rd
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
... I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just thought my armor looked ugly.

That, pretty much. ^
The only ones I'm interested in paying any attention to my chars are me and a few friends.

To me, the OP is seems to be leaning heavily towards the "Only Uber Raiders Get Cool Armor Skins." I believe we had that for a while. (Minos helms, anyone?)

:rolleyes:

Snapdragoon
08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
lame.

i recall before the kits came out the threads were people would link an end game raid group, all wearing the same DT armors, robes and outfits, all weilding GS weapons. its was a boring picture, some dont like to look the same, and some dont like the apearence of good armor in the game.

i have bought quite a few, and plan on buying a few more when another one of my toons hits cap, because i enjoy both good mechanics on my armor, and looking badass.

i have NEVER ONCE seen someone yell at me, argue with me, or decline me, because i had a cool apearence kit on, crazy colored hair, or paid for my apearence. however i have had many tells complimenting me on my characters and how they look, and its always fun to get those ^_^

so please stop complaining about turbine adding content, then asking that you pay for their work, if you dont want them, dont buy them, simple as that.

Gadget2775
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm a VIP, like the armor kits and occassionally purchase additional points. More or less I catagorically disagre with all of your points. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to craft armors. However, I have no issue with the store bought skins.

Seventh
08-30-2011, 08:31 PM
For the most part, I think Turbine's methods to make money off this game are acceptable. Most of the items in the DDO store are neat, but does not affect anyone negatively if they can't have it. They truly feel like a cool bonus, as opposed to a necessity.

But I really, really, really, REALLY, feel that clothing, mainly headgear and armor kits, in the DDO store are nothing but detrimental to the gameplay, and to what we expected when we asked Turbine months ago to get more customization into the mix.

You have it completely backwards, IMO. I would much rather the store be filled armor kits and other cosmetic stuff that has zero actual effect on gameplay (I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that they are detrimental) than see stuff like crafting mats sold, but that isn't going to happen.

Now let me get it out of the way that yes, I am a paying customer. I am mainly a Premium member who sometimes pays for VIP for a month or so. I've spent well over $250 on the game so far. I also am of the sort that thinks looks and customization are important. But here's the thing: virtual Avatars should not be something we should pay real life money for. To me, buying an armor kit would be like paying a forum to let me upload a custom picture.

Now before you respond to the above paragraph; I know. This isn't exactly the case with DDO. You can still buy armor and make your character look any way you want, without buying anything from the store.

While this is true, it's not quite as simple as that. You see, in an MMO, looking the way you want means you worked for that. This doesn't just add variety to characters. It adds personality. You spend time on crafting the armor (if appearance crafting were ever worked in, that is). You spent in-game money on buying an armor that is not only useful, but also looks good, or at least unique.

Now, being able to buy good looking stuff from the store, is just detrimental to this entire effect. The entire meaning behind customization seems to shift from "Oh look at that level 3 dude with the cool armor. Good for him! he must be somewhat of a vet. Maybe he has an alt that he can craft/buy the right armor with. Can't wait to do that!" to "LOOK AT ME! I AM A VIP! Oh wait nobody cares. Why did I buy this again?"

I find it kind of hard to believe you're honestly this worked up about this. DDO has never had much in the way of appearance options for toons (with armor kits and cosmetic hats being the first real change to that), and appearance has never been a reliable way to gauge how geared a toon or experienced a player is. No one is judging anyone based on what armor they're wearing, that's just silly. Armor kits are for you to make your toons look how you want them to, not to waggle your epeen for others. And where do you get the idea that it's VIP's buying the kits? I'm always done the premium thing and I've picked up 2 Armor Kits I liked the look of and a stack of bunny hats (they were on sale for 5 TP each one glorious day).

Bottom line: This stuff crosses the boundaries and steers the game to the dark corner of gaming, where all the other indie games with terrible, terrible, terrible micro transactions live. DDO, for what it is, should be way above that sort of stuff. Get rid of this ****. It is lame, it is detrimental to the functionality of customization, it makes you look like a Korean MMO that's knee deep in debt, it actually reduces variety, and I don't want it.

This is also backwards. The "dark corner of gaming" is that nich of MMO's that nickel and dime you to death by restricting your advancement unless you spend loads on store-bought consumables. Imagine if DDO made it so real money was the only way to get cure potions, heal scrolls and Mem Pots- games like that exist. Their terribleness has nothing to do with any cosmetic items they may or may not have for sale in addition to that.

Redesign these armors for epic named items or whatever, and find more mature, clever, better things to make money off of. You're Turbine. You can do it.

Rise above the rest, DDO!

(Also, bring in real customization. I don't want the game to be WoW or anything, but seriously. Stop being lazy about it. You constantly release new packs with new textures and new models. Surely you can afford to make customization a mechanic not related to you making money? Besides, it's not like you can't make money off of it indirectly. Crafting + Customization + DDO store crafting related items = ???)

TL;DR -
I saw 100 Warforged today, and every other day before it, all wearing the same "cool" black armor that's available on the DDO store. There used to be a time when wearing a cool docent without being gimped meant something. I want that mechanic back and worked on.

I imagine that if you polled the playerbase, you'd find that while they wouldn't be opposed to more appearance customization, more real content (more quests and raids, PrE's, classes, etc.) would be a much higher priority. And that's what's being worked on! Excellent.

And wearing a cool docent has never meant anything to anyone other than the wearer.

SilkofDrasnia
08-30-2011, 08:40 PM
i like the armor kits, i don't like the look for some, some i do.Do i buy kits for all armor no i don't but some end game armors look like ehh n i don't enjoy running around looking like a bright green booger. that said i buy armor for my own visual pleasure if someone else doesn't like well tough noodles.

i will say tho i would like it very much it they did make dyes drop as a rare like in guild wars. hmm will add that i like that fact that i can toggle the kit on or off like in PW wheres dyes like in GW u cant

camels
08-30-2011, 08:44 PM
I like them, mine makes my butt look HOtz

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9356/frontuut.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/frontuut.jpg/)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2692/catscropot.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/catscropot.jpg/)

XD

Seventh
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Nice 'stach there, Camels.

cdbd3rd
08-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I like them, mine makes my butt look HOtz

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9356/frontuut.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/frontuut.jpg/)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2692/catscropot.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/catscropot.jpg/)

XD

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/temp%20pix/hotskin-1.gif

I dunno about the butt (seems weird to screenie halfling tushies), but the rest of her outfit works well.

:cool:

Is she the only one sporting a burning red gypsy get-up? Nope, prolly not. But she was the only one wearing it in the room at the time, so close enough. :p

JollySwagMan
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
IMO, the clothing kits should work like the Bunny hats - bound to account item that occupies a bag space. I'd rather that they didn't have any actual game mechanic benefits such as skill boosts (so that no-twink characters can enjoy them too), but a niche for that might be in single use kits such as they are implemented currently.

I believe that more armor kits would be sold if they were not tied to that particular set of armor/robe/docent, and there might be more variety too.

As it is currently I do not use the cosmetic armor kits, instead ignoring my character's appearance on no twink characters, or crafting on appealing blanks on other characters.

Jaid314
08-30-2011, 09:43 PM
*shrug* i haven't bought any, don't really plan on buying any, and don't care if they ever make it to treasure chests. (what i *would* like to see in treasure chests are free previews of various clothing lines, actually... not a big fan of paying to see what i *could* look like if i paid more, and who knows, maybe the previews would generate some actual sales for them. maybe even from me).

that being said, if some other person (VIP or otherwise) wants to blow their money on paying for the servers i play on, the game improvements i get for free, and the new adventure packs i typically (these days, though not always) buy with accumulated favor-earned TP, who am i to argue?

even if it's just a VIP's "free" points, well... those points aren't free. they pay 10+ bucks and they get 5 bucks worth of turbine points. if they were to just take a year's worth of VIP money and buy TP (especially if they buy when it's on sale) and then buy content when it goes on sale, they'd probably have all the stuff they already have for the most part, and not need to spend any more money.

so yeah... i'm totally in favor of the devs putting in stuff for other people to buy so i can play for free, so long as they don't let others buy anything too game-breaking. cosmetic changes? sure, bring 'em on. i'm more than happy to let someone pay for me to get the game for free. but if people are buying them (and people do buy them), as far as i'm concerned, it's a good thing.

Alabore
08-30-2011, 09:44 PM
IMO, the clothing kits should work like the Bunny hats - bound to account item that occupies a bag space.
I believe that more armor kits would be sold if they were not tied to that particular set of armor/robe/docent, and there might be more variety too.

^^^
This.

I tend to agree with the OP about one point: we asked for appearance customisation, we got store-only fixed skins.
That wasn't exactly the answer most of us were expecting.
And that's one of the reasons I started being careful before asking for stuff.

As we keep being remind, this is an online game, we own nothing of it.
I'll have my characters wear good-looking armour, that happens to be serviceable too.

With Cannith crafting I can keep good-looking blanks for interesting twink effects - fearsome, deathblock, invulnerability, spear/axeblock.
And a rather cunning player also suggested we can currently craft starter rags, and apply store skins - if we really want a suit of cloth armour that grows with our char.

/notsigned on taking kits away from store.
/signed on offering true appearance customisation.
Seriously, one of the favour rewards we get should be house-specific skins.
That would repay player efforts and loyalty to the game.

dmslasher
08-30-2011, 10:04 PM
ive played many other games games and this one is truely my favorite and i will prolly play it for as long as its still playable, but with that being said i am very disapointed in the apperance customazation. yes, i have bought armor kits and that was simply to change from the boring norm of the DT armor look. but i really had wished there aparance kits were more like the bunny hats like Alabore suggested. or if they offred aror dye kits that simply let you shade the kits how you want them to be shaded. but as it stands they are not what i was hoping for when they put out the hype of changing our armor. on a side note i see they are trying to make more items visable on your char such as goggles maybe cloaks will be next..

Therigar
08-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Get rid of DDO Store clothing. (No seriously.)

I vote that we just get rid of clothing altogether. I mean, look at all the trouble it causes. If everyone were naked all the time we'd have no place to hide anything. Nothing would ever come at us as a surprise. We'd know what we were getting before we went out on that date. There'd be a lot more "love" in the world. :eek:

DDO should set the new standard for world peace by eliminating clothing entirely. Don't just get rid of store bought clothing. Get rid of all of it. :D

Mister_Peace
08-30-2011, 10:20 PM

Hahahahahahaha +1

Nyvn
08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/8/b3a6cb85-39ff-4437-be4e-aad6bba69d22.jpg

I wear armor kit [Insert Name here], armor kit [Insert Name here] is cool...

blade_of_will
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
You have it completely backwards, IMO. I would much rather the store be filled armor kits and other cosmetic stuff that has zero actual effect on gameplay (I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that they are detrimental) than see stuff like crafting mats sold, but that isn't going to happen.

I find it kind of hard to believe you're honestly this worked up about this. DDO has never had much in the way of appearance options for toons (with armor kits and cosmetic hats being the first real change to that), and appearance has never been a reliable way to gauge how geared a toon or experienced a player is. No one is judging anyone based on what armor they're wearing, that's just silly. Armor kits are for you to make your toons look how you want them to, not to waggle your epeen for others. And where do you get the idea that it's VIP's buying the kits? I'm always done the premium thing and I've picked up 2 Armor Kits I liked the look of and a stack of bunny hats (they were on sale for 5 TP each one glorious day).

This is also backwards. The "dark corner of gaming" is that nich of MMO's that nickel and dime you to death by restricting your advancement unless you spend loads on store-bought consumables. Imagine if DDO made it so real money was the only way to get cure potions, heal scrolls and Mem Pots- games like that exist. Their terribleness has nothing to do with any cosmetic items they may or may not have for sale in addition to that.

I imagine that if you polled the playerbase, you'd find that while they wouldn't be opposed to more appearance customization, more real content (more quests and raids, PrE's, classes, etc.) would be a much higher priority. And that's what's being worked on! Excellent.

And wearing a cool docent has never meant anything to anyone other than the wearer.

I completely agree. Armor kits are what moderate/casual spenders like to see - items that you arent required to have, but you would like to have them just for the sake of having them. In the 'dark side' of mmos, armor kits would expire after a period and give bonus stats, you would need tp items to craft epics, and if you wanted to be anything but gimped you would need to spend a hefty amount of money and/or time to get there. Armor kits have ZERO impact on gameplay other than appearance, and they arent nearly what the OP makes them out to be (that its just showing off/status thing to have it). But I would say it would be nice if the hard to obtain rare items (raid/epic armor) had cool designs as well - it would also encourage some people (like me) to buy armor kits.. I tend to not want to buy something because I feel that I have to, especially something cosmetic. I want to buy it because it want it, not because I hate what I have, and when I feel im being forced into it, it only makes me desire to obtain something better in another way.

Khurse
08-30-2011, 11:09 PM
So because the OP doesn't like them, no one is allowed to spend their own money on them?

Interesting concept, kudos for the audacity, but you completely fail on any sort of reasonable rationale as to why they should be removed from the store.

FranOhmsford
08-30-2011, 11:25 PM
My only problem with the armour kits as is is that they don't take any notice of the armour you're actually wearing.

i.e. Studded Leather and Chain Shirt both look exactly the same.

Can we have more than 4 options please.

Instead of Cloth/Light/Medium/Heavy have Cloth/Leather/Chain/Breastplate/Banded Mail/Full Plate.

Padded, Splint and Brigandine are rarely used and pretty unique anyway.

Half Plate could give you a choice of Full or Breast kit.

One armour that I'll always get a kit for = Full Plate of the Ringleader with it's truly terrible Pink Codpiece.

Talias006
08-31-2011, 05:40 AM
I love how people state their opinions as facts, and anything resembling fact as either "it doesn't matter" or "that's just what they want you to believe" or other drivel.

Alas! my opinion of the matter is that none of this ridiculous business with armor kits will fundamentally change how the game is played.
Some people get tired of looking at the armor they've worn for several levels, or for several lives.
Change is good! Stagnation is a cesspool of blah.
And truly, there are some blah armors out there that if I had to wear them because they function better than other armors, I'd invest in a kit to look unfugly.

Your opinion is just that. Not a fact, except that it is yours.

Lleren
08-31-2011, 06:08 AM
I am a sometimes Premium, sometimes ViP player that buys armor kits occasionally. I would buy more of them if they had a lower cost, or where not tied to one specific set of armor.

I would pay money to activate "appearance slots" for weapon and armor that use the regular in game designs without using the stats from that equipment. Telling what equipement our opponent is using from looks is really only important for player vs player, and player vs monster. Not from the monsters side though, as the DM knows all anyways.

Kale_Hagan
08-31-2011, 06:49 AM
I like armor kits and I see people using them all the time. I use them myself. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just thought my armor looked ugly.

This. Don't like 'em? Don't use 'em. Don't you worry about my toon or my money, that's my job.

Agones
08-31-2011, 06:52 AM
I started playing a few weeks before epics appeared.

When I reached level 18 on my ranger I noticed everybody seemed to be wearing the same uniform. A good looking armor with blueish colors and a flame in the middle of the chest and a horned helm. These were all fantastic armors with very nice effects, but they all looked the same. Yes, I'm talking about dragontouched.

Not many people who could use a dragontouched would use any another armor. Same with helms. Everybody was using minos. Joining some shrouds was like joining an army where everybody was using a dragontouched and a minos.

Enter epics and new packs. These added variety, lessening that boring uniform look, but still many people has them, mostly because the epic armors can only be used at level 20. And some of the best armors always look the same (blue scale? not so common, but even hirelings wear it). Even my bard (who is TR now and *climbing* back to level 20) has a dragontouched + minos.

Gee, I wanted to look different, -being premium- I spent a bit of money to get myself a different looking set by putting a cosmetic kit over my helm and dragontouched. I love the fact my bard looks different.

Cosmetic kits aren't common because they are very expensive (mine costed almost the same as some mission packs). Not because they do not look great, I think that it is because if they were free or cheap everybody would be using one, that would remove the uniqueness we are trying to archieve with them.

I guess that once we get hundreds upon hundreds of different cosmetic armor kits -I hope it happens-, they will start being cheaper, so more people can choose them without ending up looking like everybody else. But at the moment I do like them to remain expensive, so when I join a raid not everybody is looking the same as me again. There are still very few armor kits and it is highly possible (stadistically talking) that many people would have chosen the same kit you did.

In my humble oppinion warforged are who can make best use of armor kits. It's too funny to be a warforged barbarian using an ugly pink docent. Too many nice docents look really bad (for my taste) on composite plating. Blademarks docent (looks like a white towel on your shoulders), docent of corpsecraft (doesnt look good either), dragontouched (doesn't look as bad, but it doesn't look good either), giantcraft (It's not that bad at the beginning, but it gets old really really fast) and... quoriforged docent... I did never use that one because of how ugly it looked, even in adamantine plating (Pink robocop from outer space). This is starting to be not-so-bad with the new docents, for example, the fleshshaper's docent looks great even on composite plating.

I guess that what bugs most people is the fact they want one and they are not willing to pay for it, it is not a game breaking thing, it is not pay to win, it's just for looks, and you pay to be unique. You can still archieve a bit of look uniqueness by using the cannith crafting system (Unless I am looking for an augment slot or any special material I tend to buy a lot of cheap blankets, try them all on, and choose which one I like the most. It is not an armor kit, but there are very nice armor skins).

Greetings.

Limey
08-31-2011, 06:59 AM
"But here's the thing: virtual Avatars should not be something we should pay real life money for."

Did you report the guy from Turbine who holds guns to peoples heads to make them?

ericrd
08-31-2011, 07:07 AM
i farmed favor to get my kits and was worth it. you gotta farm evrything else in this game you want,why not kits,i didnt pay 1 real world dollar for them,so was the standard farm to win which is cool and looks cool:)

fyrst.grok
08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Only thing wrong with those kits is that they bind to character and specific equipment.
That's what keeps me from buying one altogether.. I hotswitch too much :D

I thought they started selling T-shirts in the DDO Store, and I was like Wootz, I can get a kobold still hates you T-shirt!

Then I see that this is a thread about buying armor-kits being pay 2 be cool. I was disappointed.

That said, I demand T-Shirts and Kobold plushies! Just make sure the T-shirts come in sizes up to 8XL:)

Nobody messes with the Union!

/signed!

zebidos
08-31-2011, 07:16 AM
/not signed.

I see where you are coming from but all my barbarians must have a black robe and a top hat. It is the natural order of things.

Schmoe
08-31-2011, 07:56 AM
It seems that the OP is upset that other people look cooler than him. I applaud his commitment to role-playing. Let's hope that when Turbine comes out with new emotes, they aren't p2p as well. Pay-to-emote? I've seen the future, and it is scary.

Terebinthia
08-31-2011, 08:41 AM
I like them.

Of my 5 currently capped toons, 4 are wearing them. My human FvS looks like a demented cheerleader and it covers up the Habiliment nicely (although I didn't dye my hair to match the armor this time), my pally in her Epic Cavalry Plate gets to look like a dominatrix, which amuses me, my elven completionist looks vaguely Arabian Nights and my Ranger looks all Ren Faire (both Dragontouched). I think it adds to their personalities and covers up the more boring armour.

I think the 450 point skins are a little pricey, and I'd prefer to see more options for female toons without lots of flesh showing, but I do like the fact that they are there.

I have a kitted up Crimson Chain for levelling, too.

None of them are a patch on my lootgen Acid Guard robe of Invulnerability with smiley faces on the soles of the feet though. I am not joking. Props to whichever skin designer left that Easter egg in, I put on every robe I looted for a year to find that one :D (there's some footprint ones and sneaker track ones too IIRC)

Letrii
08-31-2011, 09:00 AM
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/temp%20pix/hotskin-1.gif

I dunno about the butt (seems weird to screenie halfling tushies), but the rest of her outfit works well.

:cool:

Is she the only one sporting a burning red gypsy get-up? Nope, prolly not. But she was the only one wearing it in the room at the time, so close enough. :p

How you get that look?

cobright
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I think I found the foundation of your argument. You are upset because you are irrational.

I don't mean that as an as hominem attack. It's not an insult. When my wife was 8 months pregnant and told me ice-cream was racist because assassins fed it to the gypsies in Romania to make them slow, I loved her just the same. But she was speaking gibberish.

Follow me on this please...

This is opinion: "I can tell you one thing for certain: They are not cool. I have never understood what's cool about spending real money on supporting the RP of your character in an MMO. Or in any game. It should have always been a gameplay mechanic. Again, I'm not shy to spend money. I'm saying that this is flat-out stupid and detrimental."

This is opinion: "Armor dyes = crafting. Again, a GAMEPLAY mechanic. Not a Turbine Points mechanic. That does not make it fun. That does not make it a true part of the game, when it should be. That does not fit in to the term RPG."

This is false generosity: "People who already bought them don't have to lose the Armor Kits. They can keep it." Thank you for letting me keep what I already have?

This is a strawman: "New Players won't rage quit when they see others can craft unique looking armors." I have never heard anyone suggest that this would happen.

This is ... just priceless: "I've already gone over on why I don't even think Turbine is actually making much money that they can directly attribute to Armor Kits to begin with." So turbine is spending money developing new cosmetics for every recent and future expansion because they won't make anything on it?

You keep saying this:" "No harm done" is false. As I keep saying, it is nothing but detrimental to an MMO's gameplay." But you don't ever say how my pretty red robe hurts your gameplay.

If your complaint was the tophat or the bunny ears ... I could go along, but your argument is that if I pay for a red robe it some how makes a red robe that you won or crafted worse off.

Here is a gameplay mechanic for you. It's called "life". In Eberron as on Earth some people are born into privilege. Purely by the accident of their birth some will have to struggle and scratch and claw for every thing they get and many will never own a pair of Air Jordans. Others can slide through life knowing that there is always money in that trust fund and if a handlebar moustache keeps them from getting a good job, well its the employer's loss.

DDO does a pretty good job isolating the privileges enjoyed by well off players, and making nearly the full spectrum of gameplay experience available to everyone. In the real world some people just go to the store and buy their food while the rest of us grow it or kill it or (if we're not good at either) starve.

Think about it this way, every time I buy a fancy hat I'm paying them to stuff an essence in a treasure chest somewhere. You're welcome.

Postumus
08-31-2011, 11:43 PM
But I really, really, really, REALLY, feel that clothing, mainly headgear and armor kits, in the DDO store are nothing but detrimental to the gameplay,

The entire meaning behind customization seems to shift from "Oh look at that level 3 dude with the cool armor. Good for him! he must be somewhat of a vet. Maybe he has an alt that he can craft/buy the right armor with. Can't wait to do that!" to "LOOK AT ME! I AM A VIP! Oh wait nobody cares. Why did I buy this again?"

Bottom line: This stuff crosses the boundaries and steers the game to the dark corner of gaming,

The level of crazy in this post borders on the Sheen.

Winning!

Postumus
08-31-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm a VIP, like the armor kits and occassionally purchase additional points. More or less I catagorically disagre with all of your points. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to craft armors. However, I have no issue with the store bought skins.

One cool thing I discovered was that if you have an armor kit attached to a suit of armor. You can make that armor craftable, give it different attributes via Cannith crafting, and the armor kit stays with it.

Very nice.

muffinlad
09-01-2011, 02:52 PM
^^^
This.

I tend to agree with the OP about one point: we asked for appearance customisation, we got store-only fixed skins.
That wasn't exactly the answer most of us were expecting.
And that's one of the reasons I started being careful before asking for stuff.

As we keep being remind, this is an online game, we own nothing of it.
I'll have my characters wear good-looking armour, that happens to be serviceable too.

With Cannith crafting I can keep good-looking blanks for interesting twink effects - fearsome, deathblock, invulnerability, spear/axeblock.
And a rather cunning player also suggested we can currently craft starter rags, and apply store skins - if we really want a suit of cloth armour that grows with our char.

/notsigned on taking kits away from store.
/signed on offering true appearance customisation.
Seriously, one of the favour rewards we get should be house-specific skins.
That would repay player efforts and loyalty to the game.

Entirety agree with Alabore.

Kits should stay.
True appearance customization should enter the game.
Favor rewards for house specific skins has been suggested before, and is still a good idea.

Also:
End rewards (for a chain) should have Skins, or enhancements for people who want to show they have hit rewards.
Guilds should have "Guild Uniforms" -entirely optional guild colors, designs that show solidarity, etc.

Add more, not less to the entire process. Make it worth the large number of Turbine points they are charging.

muffinrags

PS> I crafted and customized my starter rags for my FvSonk, and they look pretty darn unique.

QuantumFX
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
/not signed. I never, ever, ever have to see that G*d damn, ugly @$$ dragontouched leather armor skin on my rogue again!

Kilnedric
09-01-2011, 03:08 PM
It doesn't matter what the actual facts are.

Quote of the day right there.

Cosmetic kits for a small of TP seem fine to me. I bought one for my main, so I don't have the same graphic as every other Icy-wearer out there. I think that business model is fine. Maybe lowering the price a little would be nice, to make in more enticing to get multiple sets.

Alabore
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
True appearance customization should enter the game.
Favor rewards for house specific skins has been suggested before, and is still a good idea.

Or, make true cosmetic slots.

Guilds should have "Guild Uniforms" -entirely optional guild colors, designs that show solidarity, etc.

This has a lot of potential for both good and evil.
If some guild names are of any indication, we can only guess what a tasteless - or just colour-blind - guild leader might cook up.

PS> I crafted and customized my starter rags for my FvSonk, and they look pretty darn unique.
The nice thing about rags is, body mesh defaults to tabard mail, which is a seldom seen body type, and many store skins look nice on it - partially solving the old "paladin in a bathrobe" problem.

:)

danotmano1998
09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I vote that we just get rid of clothing altogether. I mean, look at all the trouble it causes. If everyone were naked all the time we'd have no place to hide anything. Nothing would ever come at us as a surprise. We'd know what we were getting before we went out on that date. There'd be a lot more "love" in the world. :eek:

DDO should set the new standard for world peace by eliminating clothing entirely. Don't just get rid of store bought clothing. Get rid of all of it. :D

:eek::eek::eek:

Been to Walmart lately?
Are you SURE you want EVERYONE naked?

Haven't you seen the Seinfeld episode where they explain the "good" naked and the "bad"?
:rolleyes: :p

Wow.. sorry. derailed my thoughts entirely.

Ahem...

I was very dissapointed when I found out you couldn't buy some simple dyes or customize your armor in DDO. Then I saw the kits in the store. I shrugged and decided there were better ways to spend my points.

/Not signed. As far as I'm concerned, they hurt nothing. May as well just leave them in for the folks that want them.

AestorTheKnight
09-02-2011, 07:23 AM
... it actually reduces variety, and I don't want it.

Back at start of 2010, long before Armor Kits were announced I made many threads on this forum asking Turbine to
provide an crafting mechanic that allowed all players to customise their armour / shield / helmet appearances.

I made it very clear that it would be better for DDO, and for peoples enjoyment of it (thats what its for right?) if the crafting mechanic allowed players to choose from ANY and ALL armour / shield / helmet appearances that were already in game and use those to construct their own custom appearances.

I also made it clear that the Tools to do this already existed in the Game Master Toolset since I had seen a Game Master on the European Servers construct various armour appearances from existing models / skins / colours in a matter of seconds before my very eyes.

Its really simple, players want to be able to choose from ALL options to customise their appearances - because that is the only way to really allow them to CUSTOMISE and actually really be unique and individual.

But what Turbine did was almost exact opposite of that, they didnt work on this mechanic, they just brought in about a dozen fairly lame looking Armour Appearance Kits.

More of the same problem, with many people looking the same. Armor Kits didnt fix the problem of multiple people having the same appearance they just made it slightly better or well worse.

FuzzyDuck81
09-02-2011, 07:59 AM
True appearance customisation would be nice - I'd like it to extend to being able to have the appearance of a completely different armour type - primarily because I really rather like some of the brigandines - would be pretty nice to have a monk dressed in samurai gear but still be centered, or as another poster has mentioned about the problem of paladins in bathrobes.. why no let them still wear that outfit, but make it look like an elegant set of plate?

In the meantime though, i like some of the cosmetic kits & once i get a high-level armour i want to keep, i'll consider sticking a kit on it.. it pretty much depends on how the base one looks though - DT looks nice enough but yeah, before appearance kits made their debut & there simply werent any epic options, seeing them almost everywhere made things pretty generic in appearance & having something a little different is a good thing.

As for the whole idea that they're only virtual avatars, you shouldnt spend money on them - presumably since if the game was to end you'd "lose" the money you'd spent...well, so what? I spend TP on it, and enjoy it. I pay to see a film only once in a cinema & enjoy it, but does that mean i shouldn't go to the cinema since once its done i've "lost" the cash for that couple of hours of entertainment & only buy the DVD? And have you ever seen the iTunes terms & conditions? It's only "permission" that you're buying, not a physical product & if they decide to rescind it then you're left with nothing... yet people buy stuff from there all the time, and i daresay they enjoy that too. Should people only ever buy a house & not rent it?

AestorTheKnight
09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
True appearance customisation would be nice - I'd like it to extend to being able to have the appearance of a completely different armour type - primarily because I really rather like some of the brigandines - would be pretty nice to have a monk dressed in samurai gear but still be centered, or as another poster has mentioned about the problem of paladins in bathrobes.. why no let them still wear that outfit, but make it look like an elegant set of plate?

Complteley agree with you! Nicely put. + 1 :)

cobright
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I think there is a few parts of this working against turbine.

Only the armor slot and the helmet slot determine appearance. I've heard some stale excuses about ensuring a pleasing 'look' by not having a toon in half leather and half plate.

The next problem is the real lack of variety in 'best in slot' grade gear (for level). So without appearance kits you end up with everyone looking pretty similar. And with the kits you see people looking pretty similar.

I hate to compare with the competition, but a simple stopgap would be to add a legs slot and maybe a shoulder slot then put an overlay tint on each slot that can be changed individually with crafted (and purchased to whatever extent) dyes.

Hafeal
09-02-2011, 11:57 AM
OP, I have to disagree on the whole "take Ak" away theme.

I will say this, I believe, once again, Turbine has missed a boat here - the price point for Ak is too high. I believe a lower price point would significantly increase sales. Someone at Turbine, someday, may have the power to change price points with the understanding that volume will actually make them more money. Ak fall directly in this category as do many of the consummables.

As it is, Ak are a perfect fit for the DDO Store. Optional and fun without impacting the game play experience (other than visceral enjoyment). :D

Delt
09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Comsetics should form the core of the DDO store. DDO should really poach some of the LotRO devs for a month or two to boost the inventory.

Optional things that a lot of people want to purchase that do not effect gameplay or introduce an advantage are perfect for a microtransaction game.

Thrudh
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
In your opinion,"they are not cool", some folks may find them "cool". This comes
down to what each individual deems "cool" and or fun.

This.

Before armor kits everyone and their mother was some shade of powder blue. Get over it OP, its better than attack of the clones.

And This.

And this.

I would suggest that Turbine lower the prices on all their cosmetic stuff... I have bought a couple of armor kits, but they are pretty expensive... I would buy some for all my guys and even change up armor now and then if they were like $0.50 each.

But at $2.50 (something like that), they are way too expensive just to buy for fun.

protokon
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Comsetics should form the core of the DDO store. DDO should really poach some of the LotRO devs for a month or two to boost the inventory.

Optional things that a lot of people want to purchase that do not effect gameplay or introduce an advantage are perfect for a microtransaction game.

This could not have been said better. If anything, everyone else should be removed, not the armor kits.

Thrudh
09-02-2011, 12:18 PM
The level of crazy in this post borders on the Sheen.

Ooooh... This is crying out to be my new signature.

Wrendd
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I would like to see a VIP benefit be 1 free armor kit per month of subscription. You could even make it 1 per toon per month. It has no effect on actual gameplay mechanics, it is purely cosmetic. It would not even be that big of a perk to vIPs, just something else thrown into the mix.

As it is now I have bought a few kits, and I will most likely buy a few more at some point, but I only buy a kit when I have extra TP and nothing else to spend them on, which is rare.

TekkenDevil
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
**OP Updated with this post.**

Days later I return to this topic only to find all my subsequent posts neglected.
Let me refresh:

P2P for Appearance is ****. Make it a F2P mechanic, but with DDO Store items to speed it up, just like with Crafting.
Make appearance have a meaning behind it.

>>WITH THAT SAID, IT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON A LOT. I UNDERSTAND THAT BEFORE AK, EVERYONE LOOKED THE EXACT SAME. YOU PEOPLE REPEATED THIS POINT NUMEROUS TIMES, EVEN THOUGH I ADDRESSED IT ALREADY IN ONE OF MY SUBSEQUENT POSTS.<<

Armor Kits, as they are now, have the following problems:

1. There's *still* a very limited amount of customizations.
2. Does very poor at making people more unique. Might have added some variety, true, but the core problem still very much exists.
3. The over-stylized AK's only serve to make people look smug. "Oh yeah, I paid for it with real life money." Characters of all levels are wearing clothes that makes them look extremely important, giving a false message of venerability and dedication to the game. I mean really, it looks like something you'd get from epic crafting.
4. It's a tactic straight out of, like, every single other Micro-Transactions MMO ever before. It's a greedy, detrimental mechanic to base appearance customization on P2P mechanics. I would have thought Turbine is above this sort of stuff.

Rework it, Turbine! You can still make money off of it, even if you change the mechanics to not be lame.

AND NO I'M NOT SAYING EVERYONE WHO PAID FOR THEM SHOULD LOSE THEM.
Obviously they should be allowed to keep their kits, duh!

Postumus
09-02-2011, 05:19 PM
P2P for Appearance is ****. Make it a F2P mechanic,

It IS a F2P mechanic. You find some armor. Put it on. Change your appearance. For free.

You don't need armor kits or hair dye. Those are luxury items. You don't pay for the luxury, you don't get the item.

Talias006
09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
And really, there are some who farm favor for this stuff besides packs and whatever else suits their fancy.

The truth is AK are a luxury item. You don't NEED them to play the game. That you share a similar look with several others shouldn't be a concern.
I mean, really, is it that hard to understand that what another person looks like DOESN'T conflict with your game-play?
For the first time a couple nights ago, I actually ran into someone that was using the same AK as my Paladin (he uses Gorgon Plate, so anything is an improvement).
I wasn't put off by the fact of someone else had my "look" or anything remotely in that vainglorious attitude.
It was more like "Hey, nice AK." End of story. The team worked great.
There wasn't any ugly bitterness about how my AK conflicted with his game-play.

So please, I know you want more appearance customization, but stop thinking that it (what we have with AKs) negatively impacts your play or where DDO is going. You have no idea. I have no idea. Dev's might, but they're not saying.

AestorTheKnight
09-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Of course AKs dont negatively impact gameplay at all.

And of course they have had a small positive impact on game aesthetics. Cos AKs are about aesthetics, but in some sense aesthetics is part of gameplay, in the sense that it is what makes the game enjoyable to play.

But I disagree that being able to customise your characters appearance should be a luxury, and with that a P2P luxury.

It IS a F2P mechanic. You find some armor. Put it on. Change your appearance. For free.

You don't need armor kits or hair dye. Those are luxury items. You don't pay for the luxury, you don't get the item.

I really disagree with this because I think its missing the point. No character at level 20 is gonna wear a level 1 suit of armor just because he/she likes it appearance. In fact almost no-one wears a suit of armor for its appearance, everyone wears them for abilities and bonus's - and so in that sense we are not free to customise our appearances at all, we are completely restricted from doing so by the necessity for bonus's that are provided by armor.

We can choose bonus's, or we can choose appearance. But not both. Heck we can even buy an AK for $5, but we still have very little real control over our characters appearance.

And thats the problem as I see it.

Sure AK's have mitigated that problem slightly, but its far far from being solved.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
09-04-2011, 06:59 AM
OP...

This kind of crazy talk goes beyond Cruise and Sheen,

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2q314hu.jpg

Elation
09-04-2011, 08:00 AM

On endgame, yes.

Your second reply details why we asked Turbine to work on customizations to begin with.
My OP details how they failed at it.

I disagree with you I feel there is alot of people that spend money to buy armor kits, and I have no good reason to believe other wise there for turbine is making money. If they were not making money of it then maybe they would rework it. Please you actaul stats from turbine quarterly reports to back up blankets statements on how people spend there money.

Alabore
09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
The truth is Armor Kits are a luxury item.

I have no problem with luxury items.
And I have no problem with consumable items.
I start having problems with luxury consumables.

pSINNa
09-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Meh, i don't agree with you OP.

I try to make each character a little bit unique, the hair, the face, the armour kit, just little things here and there.

Some of these characters have seen a hundreds or even thousands of hours play, and i'm more then a little bit attached to each one of them.

I give them bits of greensteel, and will farm something out for them that'll make them a bit more effective in their role (whatever it may be) and occasionly i will throw a little bit of TP at one for a kit on the armour.

I like it that way, i can't see anything wrong with it, and while it's not perfect (but what is?), it's still better then everyone running round in blue and white which is what we had before the kits.

My two cents.

BOgre
09-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah, sorry tekken, you're barking up the wrong tree. Cosmetics are the perfect thing for TP to be used on. It's a luxury item. Changes the gameplay in no way, shape, or form. I'd say there should be MORE kits, many many more. If anything, a kit should have a customization screen similar to the character creation screen, where you can pick the kit's primary color and highlight color from a palette just like our hair and skin.

Nope, don't see how AK's are wrecking the game. Nope, don't see anyone rage quitting over them.

And as for the business end of it, it's the perfect thing to spend dev $'s on. Once a base model is made, it's just a matter of skinning the art. Sure, some models need tweaking when weird folds happen or whatever. Minimal problem, easily solved. Easy recurring income. People are ALWAYS buying hair dyes and armor kits. That's WHY every mmo has them. They're easy and they sell.

Indoran
09-04-2011, 12:15 PM
If you dont want it, dont buy it... dont try to take away other ppl likes from the world.

sirio.gala
09-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Did anyone said that armor kits disappear when pople apply an augmentation on epic armor?
No?

So, people, if you want to clear your armor don't spend tp, just put the epic-armor in the epic altar and upgrade!

Read this:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=336764

DeadRabbat
09-04-2011, 12:41 PM
/not signed.

My monk likes her Garments. But i hate the neon blue & white. The Garments natural look reminds me of the Power Rangers which i can not stand (no offense to PR fans). I'd rather her look like a tart, but she has 2 tasteful outfits, one white & one black & i am glad i spent TP on them.

Are they a lil pricey...sure. Could there be more versitility... definitely.
take them out of store..no way. make them available ingame for Plat... possible. You can but armor at venders, why not AK as well.

Galeria
09-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, if you took away armor kits, there would be no way for the guys who play girls to put belly dancer outfits on their toons and either pretend to be girls or pretend they are dating their toon.

More power to role playing!

;-)

aberent
09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
... It's a greedy...

I agree they should not try to make money from this game, how dare they try to turn a profit :)