PDA

View Full Version : Complete Transactions AT the Auction House

Mastese
08-29-2011, 07:47 AM
This can't be the first time it's been mentioned, but I figured that if I can't remember, then it's been long enough to revisit.

It's nonsensical that I can make payments through the Auction House, but refunds are sent by mail. It's also frustrating that I can post my items there, but if the Auction expires or I cancel it for whatever reason, I can't just pick the items back up through the Auction House. The other day I overlooked the duration of an auction I just posted, listing the item for 8 hours instead of 72 (how many times has that happend to you?), so I cancelled the auction and "POOF" the item is now in my local PO Box. I makes sense that winning auction items are mailed to you, but otherwise, doing business in the Auction House can be a hassle.

If they can take my money and items, they should be able to give them back. All it's currently missing is an unempathetic employee to tell me "I'm sorry sir, there's nothing I can do for you, it's company policy...No cash refunds."

Let's get the Auction House to be a full service establishment.

-Mastese

danotmano1998
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
/signed

First time I bought something at the auction house I had to ask repeatedly what just happened?

It would have been nice to get a message telling me to go to my mailbox to pick up the item. There was nothing of the sort. My plat disappeared and I spent 15 minutes going through my inventory thinking I had been taken.

If the AH doesn't want to just give me the item outright, fine. At least tell me where to go to get it. Don't make new people guess, please. Even one of those annoying pop up red "X" tutorials would have been great. Thanks.

Lithic
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
The reason it does this is because you have a finite amount of storage space on your character for both items and plat, but the mailbox does not (or at least the limit is big enough that I have yet to see it, and I've had 100ish won auctions in there at a time).

If the auction tried to give you an item and you were full, it might disappear. Same with plat. It was just easier and safer tomake the items and cash go to you through a mailbox.

Ancient
08-29-2011, 02:00 PM
A reasonable approach to avoid a game limitation... But why not add a mail tab to the auction house window? If there were any roleplaying issues or balance concerns about lowering the bar to achieve mail, then the AH mail interface could be limited to only receiving AH mails.

jortann
08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
The next thing you guys will want is the bartenders to give you your food and drink on the counter instead of putting it in your back pack for you.... sheesh.

Globulus
10-02-2011, 11:17 AM
/signed

First time I bought something at the auction house I had to ask repeatedly what just happened?

It would have been nice to get a message telling me to go to my mailbox to pick up the item. There was nothing of the sort. My plat disappeared and I spent 15 minutes going through my inventory thinking I had been taken.

If the AH doesn't want to just give me the item outright, fine. At least tell me where to go to get it. Don't make new people guess, please. Even one of those annoying pop up red "X" tutorials would have been great. Thanks.

If I hadn't stumbled across your reply to this thread, I too would have lost an item which I won. Mail? Who'da thunk. I understand the reasons provided by Lithic, but even a popup in the AH, a sticky or a tutorial somewhere on the forum would have been nice.

That said, now that you mention it I would like it if the bartenders placed my beverages on the bar. They make a mess in my backpack................

Thanks again!

Talias006
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
/signed

Actually, you are given a small "pop-up" on your inspection window.
It should place itself on the lower right of the viewing orb telling you that you have something in your confirmed inbox.
It used to appear as a small unicorn head inside a kite shield emblem, although I am unsure of what it is now.

But yes, a tutorial lesson might be handy for the uninformed/uninitiated, or even a loading screen tip.
Like the first loading screen you get when you cross from Korthos to Stormreach proper.

Perhaps even have a floating dialogue box that you can check to not see again, like in the first time you're incapacitated or on your first death.

Galeria
10-02-2011, 09:27 PM
/signed for a pop up notification that the item you bought has been mailed to you. Would help lots of newbies.