PDA

View Full Version : Fighter The Sentinel - pure 36pt SnB human Intimitank

Geartop
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.9.1
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

The Sentinel
Level 20 True Neutral Human Male
(20 Fighter)
Hit Points: 422
Spell Points: 20
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 9
Will: 6

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 16 26
Dexterity 15 17
Constitution 16 19
Intelligence 12 14
Wisdom 8 9
Charisma 12 14

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11

Level 1 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Sentinel
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Bard
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
Feat: (Human Bonus) Toughness
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Handed Fighting

Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Berserker's Fury

Level 4 (Fighter)
Ability Raise: STR
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave

Level 5 (Fighter)

Level 6 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting

Level 7 (Fighter)

Level 8 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 9 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Bullheaded

Level 10 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Shield Mastery

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
Feat: (Selected) Lesser Dragonmark of Sentinel

Level 13 (Fighter)

Level 14 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Dodge

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Dragonmark of Sentinel

Level 16 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Combat Expertise

Level 17 (Fighter)

Level 18 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Shield Mastery
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Intimidate

Level 19 (Fighter)

Level 20 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Shield Bash
Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost I
Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost II
Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost III
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
Enhancement: Fighter Armor Mastery I
Enhancement: Fighter Armor Mastery II
Enhancement: Fighter Armored Agility I
Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender I
Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender II
Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender III
Enhancement: Fighter Tower Shield Mastery I
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Constitution I
Enhancement: Deneith Intimidation I
Enhancement: Deneith Intimidation II
Enhancement: Deneith Intimidation III
Enhancement: Deneith Intimidation IV
Enhancement: Human Versatility I
Enhancement: Human Versatility II
Enhancement: Human Versatility III
Enhancement: Human Versatility IV
Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense I
Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense II
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
Enhancement: Racial Toughness III
Enhancement: Improved Intimidate I
Enhancement: Improved Intimidate II
Enhancement: Improved Intimidate III
Enhancement: Improved Intimidate IV
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness IV

Been kicking the idea of a SnB intimitank around for a while, and finally got around to putting it down on paper.
This build was primarily inspired by the upcoming changes to the Epic Chimera's Fang, which, while powerful, requires a toon built just for that weapon. The changes to the Epic Chimera's Fang were listed in the U11 Lamannia release notes:

Epic Chimera's Fang: This weapon now has a +6 enhancement bonus, 2d10 base damage, Silver, Keen, Shocking Burst, Disintegration, Destruction, Shatter +10, and a Red Augment Slot. The weapon also grants additional abilities based on the number of Dragonmarks a wielding character has:

1 or more Dragonmarks: Bastard Sword proficiency, +7 enhancement bonus
2 or more Dragonmarks: Greater Parrying, +8, Incite 10%
3 Dragonmarks (non-Sentinel): Sup. Parrying, +8, Incite 15%
3 Dragonmarks (all Sentinel): +10, Fortified Defenses 50%, Incite 20%.

Properly built, geared and played, The Sentinel will be the ideal tank for many raid bosses. Unbuffed you will have no-fail intimidate on anything that can be intimidated, including epic Lailat (79) and Elite Xy'xxy (80). With constant no-fail intimidate, you can rely on the aggro boost from a successful intimidate, and because you are SnB instead of TWF, the aggro boost is twice as much (100% vs. 50%) and lasts for twice as long (12 sec vs. 6 sec). (This is based on the description of the intimidate (http://ddowiki.com/page/Intimidate) mechanic listed on
DDO wiki.)

The Sentinel is not only an aggro machine, but is also a brick wall, sitting at 80+ unbuffed AC and breaking 100 ac with max buffs.

When not tanking, The Sentinel is a formidable THF melee. Taking the entire THF line as well as cleave and great cleave gives some impressive glancing blow and AoE damage.

One big difference between this build and others is the lack of evasion or improved evasion. I have thought about turning this build into a 18/2 fighter/rogue for the evasion and higher UMD, but I'd lose a fighter bonus feat and the fighter capstone, which is pretty nice. If you feel the evasion/UMD is worth it, that would be a valid path, but it would take some tweaking to pull off. I personally didn't feel like splashing this.

So anyways, I wanted to talk a little bit about various aspects of this build, and why I chose them.

Feats
Selecting these feats was actually harder then I thought it would be. Even with 19 slots for feats (1 human + 7 base + 11 fighter) I was quite torn on which feats to leave out. Currently, I would take these feats, in this order:

(Human) - Toughness
(lvl 1) – Mark of the Sentinel: Least
(fighter 1) – Two Handed Fighting
(fighter 2)- Power Attack
(lvl 3)-Past Life: Barbarian
(fighter 4)-Cleave
(lvl 6)-Improved Two-handed Fighting
(fighter 6)-Great Cleave
(fighter 8) -Improved Critical: Slashing
(lvl 9)-Bullheaded
(fighter 10)-Shield Mastery
(lvl 12)-Mark of the sentinel: Lesser
(fighter 12)-Greater Two-handed Fighting
(fighter 14)-Dodge
(lvl 15)-Mark of the Sentinel: Greater
(fighter 16)-Combat Expertise
(lvl 18)-SF:Intimidate
(fighter 18)-Improved Shield Mastery
(fighter 20)-Improved Shield Bash

If you aren't in love with glancing blows & Cleave / Great Cleave, a possible swap you could make would be to drop 3 of those 5 (Two-Handed Fighting, Improved Two-Handed Fighting, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Cleave and Great Cleave) and instead take Weapon Focus: Slashing, Weapon Specialization: Slashing, Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing. This would lose you a lot of glancing blow / AoE damage, but gain you +1 to-hit and +4 damage. If you're skeptical of this character's non-tanking DPS, this might be a good switch for ya.

If you desire to go SnB earlier then 20, I'd suggest moving all of your shield mastery/bashing feats up on the list. Also, take Exotic Weapon Proficiency:Bastard Sword in place of another feat (dodge, bullheaded, lesser/greater dragonmark, etc) until 20, at which time you can use your free feat swap to change it back. The reason for this is that the Epic Chimera Fang grants it's own proficiency, allowing you to drop the feat.

Another feat that you can dump if needed is improved critical: Slashing. A number of decent 2hs weapons already have Keen on them, removing the need for IC:S. (Carnifex, MinII, Hellstroke, etc). The Epic Chimera's Fang also has Keen. However, if you're planning to level up with a LitII / SoS, or if you're planning to use an Epic Xuum / ESoS at 20, I'd suggest keeping IC:S.

Skills
This toons starts with 4 skill points (2+int mod+1(human)) and jumps up to 5 skill points at lvl 7 with a +2 int tome. Take Balance, Jump, Intimidate, UMD, and then either Tumble or swim after lvl 7. (if you decide to splash 2 levels of rogue, take Balance, Jump, Intimidate and UMD, and then get UMD back up to max after 7).

Stats
Str: 16 base + 3 tome + 5 level + 2 fighter + 7 item + 6 Stance + 2 ship + 3 Abishai = 44 (+17)
Dex: 15 base + 2 tome + 7 item + 2 ship = 26 (+8)
Con: 16 base + 2 tome + 7 item + 2 exceptional + 1 human + 6 stance + 2 ship + = 36 (+13)
Int: 12 base + 2 tome = 14 (+2)
Wis: 8 base + 1 tome – 1 brawn's spirits = 8 (-1)
Cha: 12 + 2 tome + 7 item + 2 ship -1 brawn's spirits = 22 (+6)

Gear
There are a lot of different ways to gear this toon up. The one I've included here is what I would call the "optimal" gear setup. It includes some items that can't currently be obtained (IE event items). Obviously, this setup can't be obtained by everyone, but it does fit this character very well.

"Optimal" Gear
Primary: Epic Chimera Fang – Good slotted
Secondary: Crafted: +5 Holy Mithral Tower Shield of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane *this might be changing with the new shield crafting*
Armor: Epic Cavalry Plate (T3) Greater Nimbleness slotted
Ring1: Epic Seal of the Earth
Ring2: Epic Ring of the Silver Concord
Belt: Greensteel - +6 dex skills / 45 hp / air guard / haste clicky
Neck: Epic Grim's Bracelet +2 luck slotted
Bracer: Bracelet of Thaarak
Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak heavy fort slotted
Boots: Epic Boots of Corrosion
Gloves: Epic Gloves of the Claw
Trinket: Epic Brawn's Spirits
Helmet: Epic Helm of Frost +1 exceptional con slotted
Goggles: Greensteel - +6 cha skills / LitII

ToD Swaps:
Epic Boots of Corrosion → Boots of Anchoring
Bracelet of Thaarak → Epic Scorched Bracers
Lose 2 AC, 20 hp from the switch, unless toughness is slotted somewhere else.

*note * To point out the obvious, these gear setups are for when you are TANKING. When DPS'ing, you'd want to include a lot less hate gear, a nice THF slasher (eSoS, Epic Xuum, MinII, Antique, etc etc), a seeker item, a sneak attack item, and some +dmg items.

Anyways, however you decide to gear this guy up, remember that you can never have too much AC or too much intimidate. Items I'd try to include in final gear setup:

+6 cha skill GS item
+15 intimidate item
Epic Gloves of the Claw / Epic Brawn's Spirits (+5 competence intimidate bonus which will stack with your normal intimidate items)
Epic Chimera's Fang
At least 3 items from the Epic Abishai Set
The best arrangement of AC items you can squeeze in.

Shields

When it comes to breaking DR on ToD / VoD / Shroud / eDA raid bosses, you're gonna need a special shield just for them. Crafting allows us to craft shields that are perfect for this. As I'm sure you know, silver + good is required to break their DR. Well, for that didn't know, as of U9:

Adamantine shields now correctly bypass adamantine damage reduction when shield bashing. Mithral shields now bypass both silver and mithral damage reduction.

So basically, what this means is that a Mithral Shield that you add good to is now a DR breaker for devils.
The ideal shield to craft for this would be a +5 Holy Burst Mithral Tower Shield of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane. However, that requires some pretty extreme crafting levels to pull off. +4 Holy Mithral Tower Shield of Lawful Outsider Bane (What I'm currently able to craft) works nearly as well, except you lose 3d6 on a crit and +2 enhancement bonus / 1d6 of bane damage. For very low levels, a +x Mithral Tower Shield of Pure Good would work in a pinch.

While crafted shields are nice for most content you're gonna be tanking for, there are some unique shields out there to consider. Some examples:

Talon (http://ddowiki.com/page/Talon)
This is one of the only shields in the game that seems to seriously be designed for bashing stuff. It has a nice damage and crit profile (2d6+3 x3) but terrible AC. Also, it's from the very difficult "Shield of Legend" quest in the orchard. However, if you want your shield bashing to do some damage, this might be a good option for ya.

Epic Kundarak Warding Shield (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Kundarak_Warding_Shield)
This is a very nice shield that I believe gets overlooked a lot. It has a solid DR (12) and AC (8). It also has a pretty formidable damage profile (2d6+6 20 x3). And on top of everything else, it grants Spell Resistance (25) and +6 epic resistance. Great for dodging fireballs and whatnot. Again, a very solid shield.

Light and Darkness (http://ddowiki.com/page/Light_and_Darkness_%28unsuppressed%29)
This is a great all-around shield. If you're true neutral, this item has superior stability (+6 deflection & +6 resistance). and if you're not true neutral, it still has +4 protection and +4 resistance. It has DR 5/Epic, and if the monster bypasses the epic DR, it also has DR 3/-. It has adamantine and mithral (silver), but lacks the ability to add good. Even with all the great advantages this shield can bring, I don't feel it's bonuses really mesh well with this build, and don't suggest it unless you can't fit protection / resistance / DR in other slots.

Epic Ward of Undeath (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Ward_of_Undeath)
This shield was obviously designed as an undead beater. It is the only decent shield I've seen with a bane on it (greater undead bane). However, because undead can't be intimidated (with a few notable exceptions...I'm looking at you Abbot) they generally aren't intimitanked. It's damage profile is pretty good as well (2d6+6 20x2). This might just be the best undead beater shield that we've got at the moment.

Levik's Defender (http://ddowiki.com/page/Levik%27s_Defender)
The famous shield...It really is as good as everyone says it is. It has the best DR of any shield in the game (15) and it has nice base shield AC as well (+9). It has a small guard (1d6 sonic) and a 2% chance to proc the heal spell on you (healer's bounty), which can really help the clerics when you are tanking for prolonged periods of time. It is Mithral, which would allow it to bypass Orthon / Bearded Devil DR. It has the same max dex bonus as a mithral tower shield, meaning it would work well with the gear setup listed above. However, because of other bonuses already figured into the gear setup, the 2-item set bonus is basically worthless. (The 3-item bonus would be nice, but you'd lose too much fitting the bracers / DT into your set to justify it.)

Epic Swashbuckler (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Swashbuckler_%28Tier_3%29)
Poor damage profile (1d6+6 20x2) but awesome bonuses, as well as pretty good AC (+8). It adds 6% doublestrike chance, Riposte (chance to proc bludgeoning dmg against the enemy), guardbreaking (adds a proc that will daze the enemies), and +2 exceptional dex. All in all, the 6% doublestrike is probobly the nicest feature of this shield. With this item and the fighter capstone, you're up to a 16% doublestrike chance, which translates into a lot of extra aggro. The biggest downside of this shield is that it's a small shield, meaning it gives you the smallest damage reduction from improved shield mastery (15%).

Breakdowns

Guards

Demonic Shield (Epic Cavalry Plate)
Lightning Strike (Greensteel)
Disintegration (Epic Boots of Corrosion)
Air Guard (Greensteel)
Greater Poison Guard (Epic Envenomed Cloak)

UMD

I know some people out there REALLY love UMD, and insist on having it on all of their characters. Well, if you fit that description, you're in luck, because this toon can actually reach a decent UMD (for a warrior anyways). If you are after a high UMD, I'd suggest dropping bullheaded for SF: UMD. Splashing 2 levels of rogue into this build is another way you could achieve a higher UMD, due to the fact that it's a class skill.

UMD breakdown:
11 levels
6 Cha
6 GS
2 Luck
4 GH
2 command
=31

3 Epic Big Top / T3 Epic Spyglass
=34

Important milestones for 100% UMD chance:
Cure Critical Wounds / Fire Shield (the most important one for you) = 31
Raise Dead / Teleport = 35
Heal / Reconstruct / GH = 39

Intimidate

23 base
6 cha
6 GS
2 coinlords
2 barb past life
5 Epic Gloves of the Claw
6 Stalwart Defender III
20 Epic Brawn's Spirits
2 luck
2 Dragonmark of Sentinel: Least
2 bullheaded
3 SF:intimidate
4 house D enhancements
4 enhancements
=87 unbuffed

4 GH
2 bard
=93 raid buffed

5 human versatility
=98 situationally raid buffed

Important milestones for no-fail intimidate (according to DDO wiki):
N/H/E/Epic
Suulomades (VoD): 54/60/71/?
Queen Lailat: 39/?/55/79
Xy'zzy (HoX): 69/75/80/?
Horoth (ToD): 60/65/70/?

These are all hittable with this build.

Max Dex Bonus

Epic Cavalry Plate:
1 base
2 mithral
1 SDIII (Medium Armor)
2 greater nimbleness
2 enhancements
=8

Mithral Tower Shield:
2 base
2 mithral
3 SDIII (Tower Shields)
1 enhancement
=8

Armor Class

10 Base
9 Shield AC (+5 Holy Mithral Shield of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane)
1 Alchemical ritual (Shield)
16 Armor AC (Epic Cavalry Plate)
1 Alchemical ritual (Armor)
8 Dex bonus
6 Deflection (Epic Ring of the Silver Concord)
6 Natural Armor Bonus (Epic Seal of the Earth)
4 Insight (Superior Parrying, Epic Chimera Fang)
5 Combat Expertise
4 Stance (Stalwart Defender III Stance)
1 Dodge (Feat)
2 Dodge (Bracelet of Thaarak)
3 Dodge (Epic Grim's Bracelet)
3 Abishai Set Bonus
3 Passive - Stalwart Defender III
3 Airship
=85 before buffs

1 Haste
2 recitation
4 bard
=92 buffed

4 Paladin aura
5 Human Versatility
3 Hero's Companion
=104 raid buffs + situational buffs

HP

Breakdown:
20 - heroic durability
200 - Fighter
260 - constitution (+13)
40 fighter toughness
30 racial toughness
23 toughness (feat)
20 toughness (item)
40 Superior False Life
45 Greensteel
10 Draconic Vitality
20 barbarian past life
=708 hp unbuffed

142 Stalwart Defender Stance Boost (20%)
=850 hp in stance

hate boost

Breakdown:
100% (Base)
10% (Chimera's Fang)
15% (Chimera's Fang)
20% (Chimera's Fang)
75% (Stalwart Defender III passive)
=220%

75% (Stalwart Defender III Stance)
=295%

100% (Successful intimidate w/ shield)
=395%

Anyways, if you got this far through the post, congrats. Comments / suggestions welcome.

Feithlin
08-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Some thoughts:

* Instead of epic swashbuckler, you could craft a +5 holy mithral/adamantine tower shield of superior stability. The material is to bypass DR against devils/the new boss of u11. With the alchemical ritual, the shield would give a raw +10 AC (2 more than swashbuckler) and +6 deflection (1 more than your +5), as well as +6 to saves (instead of +5) and 25% damage absorption (instead of 15%). The max dex for the mithral version would be 7 (4 + 3 SD III), so you would need to spend only 1 AP in Fighter tower shield mastery I. The adam version would require more AP, but you could simply resign to not get the max of it (it would still give you more than epic swashbuckler imo).

* Eladrin annonced a change to the stance: For SD III, it will give +6 Str/Con, +20% HP and +75% incite.

* 88 intimidate is a total overkill (not counting human boosts, not very realistic to count on them). Drop bullheaded and SF:intimidate feats. With your dragonmark enh., you still reach 79 without bard song, which is enough (dunno the new boss' DC, but epic Lailat no fail is at 79). Epic brawn's spirit will now give +20 intimidate iirc, so you could drop your pirate hat to get an epic Chimera's crown instead (this one now has a bonus to HP, not stackable with GS, but the item will probably get another modification, either for u11 or a later one).

* Remember that in ToD, you won't be able to use your boots, which will make you loose the abishai's bonus.

* You only need AC boost III for SD III, no need for IV (4 AP), which is a weak boost imo. The extra dragonmark use (1 AP) is also useless. On the other hand, you definitely want Haste boost IV for your dps (and thus for your threat), especially coupled with human damage boost IV (10 AP). It's certainly more effective to drop Fighter strength III (6 AP) to get it.

* On your AC, given your attributes, I'm pretty sure you can reach a better AC by getting Armor mastery enhancements, and another armor (your calculation doesn't account for it: a DT full plate w/ dodge rune would give a raw +19 AC with alchemical ritual, and a MDB of 1 + 2 SD III + 3 enh. = 6 [25 total] ; the calvalry plate would give a raw +17 AC with ritual and a MDB of 3 + 1 SD III + 3 enh. + 2 greater nimbleness sloted = 9 [26 total]).

FrozenNova
08-24-2011, 11:51 PM
For what it's worth.. 'The Sentinel' is taken! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=321554

Yes, human damage 5 is worth taking.

treefrog1976
08-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I actually have this build, except that mine is on its first life, and was my first toon (still 28-pt build, as I have yet to find/win a Greater Heart). I have a lot of epics to go to be geared up that well, but my Intimidate is a respectable 66 unbuffed. I'm definitely looking forward to getting an Epic Fang, though I know that a lot of people will be gunning for one now, which means it'll be harder for me to get, I'm sure.

I just had a few comments on your build. As far as I know, the three tiers of the Epic Chimera's Fang stack when applicable (the plusses and Parrying won't stack, the different Incites should, and you should also be gaining the non-Sentinel tier 3 abilities, from what I've been told).

Also, though it is a small detail, I don't believe that the armor and shield alchemical rituals stack (same type of bonus). But don't quote me on that. :D

And personal preferences, for Charisma Skills I liked the Raise Dead clickie vs. the Haste one (or you could do Lit II for some real fun), though after reading Air Guard you may have converted me. :D

As for your GS HP item, was there a reason you chose Crushing Waves? After looking at them, I was thinking Corrosive Salt if I wanted to stay with Strength Skills, or even maybe going Smoke (or even Air Guard) for Dex Skills, or doing part of each and going Vacuum (I hear Soul Gems are pretty popular now :D ).

But all in all, I love the idea, and thanks very much for all the equipment suggestions!

Feithlin
08-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Also, though it is a small detail, I don't believe that the armor and shield alchemical rituals stack (same type of bonus). But don't quote me on that. :D

No, they stack. They are considered the same type of bonus.

Limmi
08-25-2011, 03:10 AM
Anyways, as you can see, looking strictly at AC, the Parasitic Breastplate is clearly towards the top of the list. If AC were the only consideration, I would say go for the Epic Utility Vest. However, aggro / hate is a major part of this build, and the Parasitic Breastplate has a unique feature that none of the other armors on the list has: Obsession.

With the Defender PrE and a few shield mastery enhancements, I'm sure some other armors can be interesting too. I know my Stalwart uses the Cavalry Plate for 16 armor + 7 dex bonus for a 23 total. It has a lot of other nice effects too.

Stats
Dex: 15 base + 3 tome + 7 item + 1 exceptional + 2 exceptional + 2 ship = 30 (+10)

Armor Class

Breakdown:
8 Shield AC (T3 Epic Swashbuckler)
10 Dex bonus (Shield)
10 Armor AC (Parasitic Breastplate)
8 Maxed Dex bonus (Armor)
=91 before buffs

What's this 10 and 8 dex bonus?
I'm pretty sure there should only be one of the two in there.

As for everything else: nice build and well typed out.

ThePrincipal
08-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Nice build. I'd like to comment on the Parasitic Plate... my rogue has the Paranoia slotted on her armor, half threat for 15 second (on the wiki) and in game it says enemies will turn and attack another target (similar to diplo).

In game, it procs very often and the 15 second timer is on the buff bar with a red exclimation point. I say, it procs 10-20%. With the attk speed of the repeater, it's basically a constant buff after the first second or two of combat. I'll fire at a mob, it will charge me (like always), take 2-3 steps and turn to attk someone else even as I continue to fire at it. No more kiting. Seriously.

I hope this helps.

Geartop
08-25-2011, 07:44 AM
* Instead of epic swashbuckler, you could craft a +5 holy mithral/adamantine tower shield of superior stability. The material is to bypass DR against devils/the new boss of u11. With the alchemical ritual, the shield would give a raw +10 AC (2 more than swashbuckler) and +6 deflection (1 more than your +5), as well as +6 to saves (instead of +5) and 25% damage absorption (instead of 15%). The max dex for the mithral version would be 7 (4 + 3 SD III), so you would need to spend only 1 AP in Fighter tower shield mastery I. The adam version would require more AP, but you could simply resign to not get the max of it (it would still give you more than epic swashbuckler imo).

Last time I checked, the cannith crafting machines were NOT giving me the ability to craft weapon-like abilities onto them, or I'd suggest just crafting a +5 holy burst mithral tower shield of greater lawful outsider bane as your shield...if this has changed, then yes, a crafted shield would step forward as a clear winner. I'd love to see a picture of a crafted shield with a weapon-like ability, even just acid tough or whatever.

Eladrin annonced a change to the stance: For SD III, it will give +6 Str/Con, +20% HP and +75% incite.

Good to know, that just makes this build even stronger.

* 88 intimidate is a total overkill (not counting human boosts, not very realistic to count on them). Drop bullheaded and SF:intimidate feats. With your dragonmark enh., you still reach 79 without bard song, which is enough (dunno the new boss' DC, but epic Lailat no fail is at 79). Epic brawn's spirit will now give +20 intimidate iirc, so you could drop your pirate hat to get an epic Chimera's crown instead (this one now has a bonus to HP, not stackable with GS, but the item will probably get another modification, either for u11 or a later one).

Yes, the intimidate is total overkill...for right now. What about when they make Gianthold epic? What is the Reaver's no-fail intimidate gonna be? What about Epic Orchard? What about the 2 new raids we've got coming up? The point isn't to find the lowest intimidate that still works, it's to have an intimidate that never fails. Even for future content. Also, the Epic Chimera's Crown switch you suggest is excellent, and would save some GS components.

* On your AC, given your attributes, I'm pretty sure you can reach a better AC by getting Armor mastery enhancements, and another armor (your calculation doesn't account for it: a DT full plate w/ dodge rune would give a raw +19 AC with alchemical ritual, and a MDB of 1 + 2 SD III + 3 enh. = 6 [25 total] ; the calvalry plate would give a raw +17 AC with ritual and a MDB of 3 + 1 SD III + 3 enh. + 2 greater nimbleness sloted = 9 [26 total]).

You are correct, I did overlook the increase from SDIII to max dex bonus on medium/heavy armor, and I'm kicking myself for overlooking it. However, what I said about aggro still remains true...none of the other BP's out there have obsession, or anything similar to it. If it turns out you can get by without the added aggro from obsession, then I'd say go with the epic cavalry plate; it's very defensive, gives 10 extra hp (superior false life), has demonic shield, and could net you 5 or more additional AC. Winners all around.

For what it's worth.. 'The Sentinel' is taken! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=321554

Yes, human damage 5 is worth taking.

Pfft, 'The Sentinel' was long ago reserved for someone that would actually take the sentinel dragonmark feats!

I just had a few comments on your build. As far as I know, the three tiers of the Epic Chimera's Fang stack when applicable (the plusses and Parrying won't stack, the different Incites should, and you should also be gaining the non-Sentinel tier 3 abilities, from what I've been told).

This is great to know, and will allow me to free up his gear setup a lot. More dodge bonuses, woot.

As for your GS HP item, was there a reason you chose Crushing Waves? After looking at them, I was thinking Corrosive Salt if I wanted to stay with Strength Skills, or even maybe going Smoke (or even Air Guard) for Dex Skills, or doing part of each and going Vacuum (I hear Soul Gems are pretty popular now ).

Simple, I prefer to craft single shard GS whenever I can...makes my larges go further.

Quote:
Stats
Dex: 15 base + 3 tome + 7 item + 1 exceptional + 2 exceptional + 2 ship = 30 (+10)

Armor Class

Breakdown:
8 Shield AC (T3 Epic Swashbuckler)
10 Dex bonus (Shield)
10 Armor AC (Parasitic Breastplate)
8 Maxed Dex bonus (Armor)
=91 before buffs
What's this 10 and 8 dex bonus?
I'm pretty sure there should only be one of the two in there.

You are correct, I will fix this shortly.

oberon131313
08-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Last time I checked, the cannith crafting machines were NOT giving me the ability to craft weapon-like abilities onto them, or I'd suggest just crafting a +5 holy burst mithral tower shield of greater lawful outsider bane as your shield...if this has changed, then yes, a crafted shield would step forward as a clear winner. I'd love to see a picture of a crafted shield with a weapon-like ability,

Can't show you the picture right now as I'm at the hospital waiting on my gf, but I have a crafted +3 holy mithral towershield of bashing on my SD; will craft it as a +5 holy burst mithral tower sheild of bashing when I get the crafting levels to do so.

Geartop
08-27-2011, 01:29 PM
OP has been updated.

There were some glaring errors in my AC calculations that needed correcting (like taking dex bonus twice). Also some great suggestions that I also wanted to incorporate (Epic Chimera Crown, I'm lookin' your way.) One nice difference with the new gear setup is that with one exception (Epic Cavalry Plate) all of the items can be gotten currently, and don't require you to wait for a certain event to roll around again. Also, I have included the new Stalwart Defender Stance changes (which are very nice).

I'm very tempted to fiddle around and post a 18/2 ftr/rog evasion/UMD version of the build, since I've referenced it about 4 times in the thread. We will see.

After some testing, I'm jumping on board with Feithlin's idea for crafted shields. They offer superior DPS, which translates into superior aggro. I like it, and I adjusted the build accordingly. Also, here is a picture of a shield I've crafted just recently:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/Johnoaks_photos/ScreenShot00001.jpg

Certainly not the best, but way more DPS then anything else I'm gonna have as a shield. I honestly believe that the superior DPS of a crafted mithral tower shield trumps the added bonuses obtained by using Levik's.

Warganom
08-28-2011, 02:08 AM
"Optimal" Gear
Secondary: Crafted: +5 Holy Mithral Tower Shield of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane
Ring1: Epic Ring of the Silver Concord
Ring2: Epic Ring of Baphomet
Belt: Epic Belt of Mroranon
Bracer: Epic Scorched Bracers
Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak +1 exceptional con slotted
Trinket: Greater Nimble Trinket OR Crafted: Blindness Immunity Trinket of +1 Dodge Bonus
Helmet: Epic Chimera's Crown +1 exceptional dex slotted
Goggles: Greensteel - +6 cha skills / air guard / haste clicky

There are alot of odd items here... Epic Ring of Baphomet, Epic Belt of Mroranon, Epic Gloves of the Claw, Nimble Trinket, all quite odd. Epic Belt of Mroranon wouldn't give you anything if you just would slot toughness in Grim's Bracelet and Heavy Fortification in epic Envenomed Cloak, 2+ Luck could then be moved to Epic Boots of Corrosion. That would free up an entire slot without loosing anything at all.

Then there's the Nimble Trinket, while 1+ Dodge is good, it isn't that good... I doubt it will make or break your build, instead I would've choosen Epic Brawn Spirits or perhaps Epic Bloodstone since you don't have seeker anywhere. You say +5 enhancement intimidate is needed on every intimidate build, yet you replaced the only +20 Intimidate in the game with a +1 dodge item. Epic Brawn Spirits also have +2 exceptional CON so you could switch out your Epic Ring of Baphomet to a ToD ring, and not loose anything really, except 1 AC. And since your belt is free you could always get the Reavers set for a 2d6 slicing damage.

Then there's Epic Gloves of the Claw, while 30% healing amp is really, really nice... I dunno, without the +4 set bonus damage I just never saw this one as an option... I'd rather take Epic Charged Gauntless instead, and switch out Scorched Bracers to the new Fabricator's Bracers, 4+ to STR, DEX and CON, +2 to AC... It's pretty nice, if it procs often enough that is. If not you could just put a GS HP item there.

Now with these changes you'd end up with 2d6 Slicing damage, +2 Seeker, the same amount of intimidate, Greater Shocking Blow, and 4+ to STR, DEX, CON, +2 to AC/ 45 HP. And you only lost 30% healing amp. You also have the option of putting 20% healing amp on the rnig, and loose 2 STR.

Also, I'm not sure if it turned out that way, but the Chimera's Fang was supposed to give the shield 10+ enhancement bonus and Disintegrate if you had all three Sentinel Marks.

Epic Chimera's Fang: The base version would have- 3d10 base damage, Incite 20%, Silver, Keen, Shocking Burst, Destruction, Shatter +10, and a Red Augment Slot. I think we'll stick with having it be tied to the Mark of the Sentinel, but it will get significant bonuses (particularly if you have all three tiers).

Least: Bastard Sword proficiency, +7 enhancement bonus
Lesser: Superior Parrying, +8 enhancement bonus
Greater: Fortified Defenses 50%, Disintegration, +10 enhancement bonus

The enhancement bonus increases and the Disintegration proc would also be applied to your shield, if you're using one.

So potetionally you'll have 5+ AC from your shield bonus. Though seeing as how Disintegration is already on the weapon now, even without dragonmarks, and it instead gives 10, 15 and 20% incite... And have only 2d10 base damage... God it sucks now compared to what it was supposed to be... They might have changed that as well.

Geartop
08-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I've actually adjusted the gear setup on this toon again. I just read this very interesting post by Gensai from 8/26/11 which basically points out that Epic Chimera Crown, instead of giving the same 45 hp as a GS item, will only give the highest tier that you qualify for (20 hp if you have 3 dragonmarks) and that it WILL stack with GS items, contrary to some previous posts. What this means is that instead of effectively replacing a 45 hp GS item, it's basically just a toughness item that stacks with everything. Kind of a let down. I redid the gear to take it out of my setup and put a 45 hp GS item back in.

There are alot of odd items here... Epic Ring of Baphomet, Epic Belt of Mroranon, Epic Gloves of the Claw, Nimble Trinket, all quite odd. Epic Belt of Mroranon wouldn't give you anything if you just would slot toughness in Grim's Bracelet and Heavy Fortification in epic Envenomed Cloak, 2+ Luck could then be moved to Epic Boots of Corrosion. That would free up an entire slot without loosing anything at all.

Epic Ring of Baphomet is for the +15 intimidate and +2 exceptional con/str. You might find it strange, but it works pretty well I think.

The Epic Belt of Mroranon was originally to consolidate 3 epic augment slots into 1 item (toughness, heavy fort, +1 exceptional str.) This item has been taken out of the gear setup.

You have suggested more then once that Epic Brawn's Spirits is now, or will be in the future, a +20 intimidate item. (+15 competence bonus, +5 enhancement bonus I imagine.) I have not seen that suggested anywhere. If you could provide a reference, I'd love to incorporate it in, but as it stands now, most of it's bonuses are redundant. The only change I've seen referenced for it is in the U11 Lamannia Release Notes where they state:
"The item now includes Incite 10% and Exceptional Constitution +2."

If it is being changed to have +20 intimidate, I'd obviously slot it back into the trinket slot, drop the epic gloves of the claw for epic charged gauntlets, drop the Epic Ring of Baphomet in favor of probobly the Epic Ring of the Silver Concord, and drop the Epic Helm of Frost for the Epic Chimera's Crown again.

Epic Gloves of the Claw are for the healing amp & +5 stacking intimidate bonus. Again, the only other source of an enhancement intimidate bonus is Epic Brawn's Spirits.

Then there's the Nimble Trinket, while 1+ Dodge is good, it isn't that good... I doubt it will make or break your build, instead I would've choosen Epic Brawn Spirits or perhaps Epic Bloodstone since you don't have seeker anywhere. You say +5 enhancement intimidate is needed on every intimidate build, yet you replaced the only +20 Intimidate in the game with a +1 dodge item. Epic Brawn Spirits also have +2 exceptional CON so you could switch out your Epic Ring of Baphomet to a ToD ring, and not loose anything really, except 1 AC. And since your belt is free you could always get the Reavers set for a 2d6 slicing damage.

Then there's Epic Gloves of the Claw, while 30% healing amp is really, really nice... I dunno, without the +4 set bonus damage I just never saw this one as an option... I'd rather take Epic Charged Gauntless instead, and switch out Scorched Bracers to the new Fabricator's Bracers, 4+ to STR, DEX and CON, +2 to AC... It's pretty nice, if it procs often enough that is. If not you could just put a GS HP item there.

Now with these changes you'd end up with 2d6 Slicing damage, +2 Seeker, the same amount of intimidate, Greater Shocking Blow, and 4+ to STR, DEX, CON, +2 to AC/ 45 HP. And you only lost 30% healing amp. You also have the option of putting 20% healing amp on the rnig, and loose 2 STR.

Also, I'm not sure if it turned out that way, but the Chimera's Fang was supposed to give the shield 10+ enhancement bonus and Disintegrate if you had all three Sentinel Marks.

So potetionally you'll have 5+ AC from your shield bonus. Though seeing as how Disintegration is already on the weapon now, even without dragonmarks, and it instead gives 10, 15 and 20% incite... And have only 2d10 base damage... God it sucks now compared to what it was supposed to be... They might have changed that as well.

Your suggestions are valid. If I were trying to make a hybrid tanking/dps gear setup I might run with them. As I say in the post, this setup is only for when you are tanking. The crit profile on a bastard sword is so horrible (20x2) that trying to fit seeker into a tanking build for extra dmg/aggro is just silly. Personally, If I were just DPSing, I'd grab an eSoS, toss in an an Epic Bloodstone, grab some Epic Charged gauntlets, throw on some Tharnes Goggles, etc etc. and tear into them. This gear setup is for TANKING. Obviously the Greater Nimble Trinket is weak, but all the small AC boosts are what put my AC into a tank's range. If you want to look at it another way, if the +1 dodge bonus on the trinket make it so they hit me on a 18 instead of a 17, I just increased my damage mitigation by 5%. a 5% boost of that nature IS worth slotting.

As far as the Chimera's Fang goes, I was very excited for the suggested changes (the +10 enhancement bonus / disintegrate proc applying to your shield that you're talking about) but it doesn't seem they went that way, and so we move on. It's still the best tanking 1 hander around, by a long shot.

Thanks for the response. Feedback in red.

Gnorbert
08-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Question for a shield tanking newb... are running around shield bashing a lot? or simply when turtled up and intiming? Trying to grasp the play style and techniques.

Feithlin
08-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Question for a shield tanking newb... are running around shield bashing a lot? or simply when turtled up and intiming? Trying to grasp the play style and techniques.

I wouldn't use shield bash outside of boss tanking. Any tank should have a tanking and a dps mode. Most of the time, you will be in the 2nd, only switching to the 1st when needed. DPS mode could be TWF or THF, depending on the choices.

Geartop
08-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Basically, the only time you would be busting out a shield is when you're tanking, the rest of the time I'd suggest using a Two-Handed Slasher, preferably Epic Sword of Shadows.

When tanking, you're not going to be actively turtling because you will lose aggro pretty quickly. Instead, simply attack like normal. The benefits of attacking with a sword and shield are as follows:

1) You gain the added AC the shield offers.

2) By taking shield mastery (http://ddowiki.com/page/Shield_Mastery) & improved shield mastery (http://ddowiki.com/page/Improved_shield_mastery), you gain an innate damage reduction that applies as long as you're holding a shield, whether you're blocking or not. The reduction is 15% when using a small shield or buckler, 20% when using a large shield, and 25% when using a tower shield.

3) The Stalwart Defender PrE will soon be changed to grant a passive threat boost and increase DR if you are holding a shield. The changes were recently announced in the Lamannia release notes:

NEW: Fighter Stalwart Defender and Paladin Defender of Siberys now have a passive threat boost when using a shield. This boost stacks with the defensive stance bonuses. In addition, their benefits have been modified:
Fighter Stalwart Defender III
Your defensive mastery is complete. In addition to the bonuses of Stalwart Defender I and II, this prestige enhancement increases your armor class by 1, grants +2 to your intimidate skill, increases your maximum dexterity bonus allowed by medium or heavy armor and shields, and grants additional armor class and damage reduction when blocking with a shield. In addition, when you have a one handed melee weapon and shield equipped, your DR is upgraded from DR 4/- to DR 6/-, and you now generate 75% additional threat with melee attacks. You may expend a use of Fighter action boost to to enter a defensive stance.

4)By taking Improved Shield Bash (http://ddowiki.com/page/Improved_Shield_Bash) you no longer lose the shield's AC when shield bashing, and you gain a 20% chance to proc a shield bash while swinging with your primary weapon. Basically, this allows your shield to offer you all of it's defensive and aggro benefits, while also adding slightly to your DPS.

5) you look freaking cool, and everyone can tell who the tank is...the guy with the shield!

Gnorbert
08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
So... if I like s&b style and want to play it earlier in the character life... I should take imp shield bash and craft a "Spike mithral shield of bashing" for utility questing.

Crafting it onto a tower shield and working the mastery feats in early will make me very resilient.

I like the feel of that.

Feithlin
08-28-2011, 09:41 PM
So... if I like s&b style and want to play it earlier in the character life... I should take imp shield bash and craft a "Spike mithral shield of bashing" for utility questing.

Crafting it onto a tower shield and working the mastery feats in early will make me very resilient.

I like the feel of that.

Well shield bashing adds a bit of dps, but it really has nothing impressive: it only has 20% chance to proc, so I would stick to THF in most cases. In solo however, it is sometimes better to have more damage mitigation at the cost of lower dps, but most of the time, killing quickly simply is the best damage mitigation.

Grenada
08-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Not sure if you have checked out the new raid crafting system (no spoilers), but it sounds like that may give you some more options for a shield.
***Spoilers Here*** ( http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=337637)

Geartop
08-28-2011, 11:06 PM
I'd like to apologize for how much the listed gear setup has changed since I first posted this. There are several factors that play into this.

1) I'm constantly looking at the gear setup, try to squeeze a little bit more in.

2) A lot of the items that I've incorporated are in a state of flux. They have one set of stats listed in older developer threads, a different set of stats listed on the Lamannia release notes, and yet another set of stats being reported as being live on Lamannia...and we've yet to see what they will actually release to the live servers. Specific items include:

Epic Chimera's Fang
Epic Grim's Bracelet
Epic Brawn's Spirits
Epic Chimera's Crown

I've based current breakdowns on the the screenshots I'm seeing coming out of Lamannia. I believe that the most recent reincarnation of the gear setup is not only the strongest, but also the last one for a while.

I don't suggest anyone begin gearing up for this build until the stats for these items are finalized, and released to live.

Some things I've thought about adding would be some slightly less epic versions of this build. IE, a 28 & 32 point version of the build, with gear setups that aren't all epic items. The build as it stands currently is designed to go toe-to-toe with the toughest baddies around, possibly even tanking the Lord of Blades. However, this same build could easily be toned-down to handle easier targets, such as normal/hard VoD, normal Hound, Elite Amrath, normal ToD, etc etc.

I've also had the thought of making the 18/2 ftr/rog evasion version of this build. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted as I come out with new stuff.

Warganom
08-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Epic Ring of Baphomet is for the +15 intimidate and +2 exceptional con/str. You might find it strange, but it works pretty well I think.

The Epic Belt of Mroranon was originally to consolidate 3 epic augment slots into 1 item (toughness, heavy fort, +1 exceptional str.) This item has been taken out of the gear setup.

You have suggested more then once that Epic Brawn's Spirits is now, or will be in the future, a +20 intimidate item. (+15 competence bonus, +5 enhancement bonus I imagine.) I have not seen that suggested anywhere. If you could provide a reference, I'd love to incorporate it in, but as it stands now, most of it's bonuses are redundant. The only change I've seen referenced for it is in the U11 Lamannia Release Notes where they state:
"The item now includes Incite 10% and Exceptional Constitution +2."

If it is being changed to have +20 intimidate, I'd obviously slot it back into the trinket slot, drop the epic gloves of the claw for epic charged gauntlets, drop the Epic Ring of Baphomet in favor of probobly the Epic Ring of the Silver Concord, and drop the Epic Helm of Frost for the Epic Chimera's Crown again.

Epic Gloves of the Claw are for the healing amp & +5 stacking intimidate bonus. Again, the only other source of an enhancement intimidate bonus is Epic Brawn's Spirits.

Here you go:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO%20Unlimited%20Lamannia/Update%2011/EpicBrawnsSpirits.png

Your suggestions are valid. If I were trying to make a hybrid tanking/dps gear setup I might run with them. As I say in the post, this setup is only for when you are tanking. The crit profile on a bastard sword is so horrible (20x2) that trying to fit seeker into a tanking build for extra dmg/aggro is just silly. Personally, If I were just DPSing, I'd grab an eSoS, toss in an an Epic Bloodstone, grab some Epic Charged gauntlets, throw on some Tharnes Goggles, etc etc. and tear into them. This gear setup is for TANKING. Obviously the Greater Nimble Trinket is weak, but all the small AC boosts are what put my AC into a tank's range. If you want to look at it another way, if the +1 dodge bonus on the trinket make it so they hit me on a 18 instead of a 17, I just increased my damage mitigation by 5%. a 5% boost of that nature IS worth slotting.

As far as the Chimera's Fang goes, I was very excited for the suggested changes (the +10 enhancement bonus / disintegrate proc applying to your shield that you're talking about) but it doesn't seem they went that way, and so we move on. It's still the best tanking 1 hander around, by a long shot.

Bastard Swords actually have 19-20x2 :p

Anyway, I believe that you can get well over the AC required for Horoth to only hit you on a one. I mean my imaginary evasion S&B Paladin hits 100 AC selfbuffed, without Combat Expertise or Dodge, or a dodge +1 item, or even a dodge +2 item.

Geartop
08-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Here you go:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO%20Unlimited%20Lamannia/Update%2011/EpicBrawnsSpirits.png

Bastard Swords actually have 19-20x2 :p

Anyway, I believe that you can get well over the AC required for Horoth to only hit you on a one. I mean my imaginary evasion S&B Paladin hits 100 AC selfbuffed, without Combat Expertise or Dodge, or a dodge +1 item, or even a dodge +2 item.

Thanks for following through with Brawn's Spirits. Hopefully They fix the pick lock typo and send it to live like that. Also, if they do send it as a +20 competence bonus, it will still stack with Epic Gloves of the Claw, which are now the only enhancement intimidate bonus in the game. This might bring this build's intimidate into the speculated no-fail range for the Lord of Blades.

Bastard swords still suck for crit damage, and don't justify seeker on a tanking gear setup.

I know that this build can get over Horoth's to-hit bonus, but he isn't the big fish in the pond anymore. Also, I would love to see your a post or breakdown for the AC of your imaginary S&B Paladin, I might be able to incorporate a few things from it. (and obviously he won't have CE, paladins don't have the stats to justify the Int, nor do they have the feats for CE / Dodge).

However, with that in mind, if you evasion paladin is a sheet wearing monk splash, keep in mind that you can't be holding a shield and maintain your wis AC bonus, and that because of that, you lose your innate aggro boost from DoS PrE. Basically, I'd love to hear how your imaginary evasion paladin plans to hold aggro on anything without a decent intimdate or threat gear. Please do post, teach me.

Nephilia
08-29-2011, 09:15 AM
i'm working on a similar build too :)

Just an idea but.... assuming u'll lose anyway your abishai set's bonus on horoth fight...
It would be not better to slot Epic chimaera's crown on head and (maybe) epic ring of bucaneer on your finger?

The first will provide u +5 natural armor and the new amenities with dragonmark (that have synergy with chimaera's fang) and the second will help u slot your dex and also provide +2 goodluck (that free you a epic slot somewhere else) and provide u another slot.

Warganom
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Well... I guess I could... Also, there's a reason why he's imaginary, I still haven't gotten a character with completionist, and I don't have half of these items... Or the tomes...

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.09.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 20 Lawful Good Human Male
(18 Paladin \ 2 Monk)
Hit Points: 311
Spell Points: 404
BAB: 19\19\24\29\29
Fortitude: 26
Reflex: 24
Will: 20

Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 18 30
Dexterity 16 23
Constitution 10 16
Intelligence 10 16
Wisdom 8 14
Charisma 14 20

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 3 13
Bluff 2 7
Concentration 4 32
Diplomacy 2 7
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 7
Heal -1 4
Hide 3 8
Intimidate 6 32
Jump 4 12
Listen -1 4
Move Silently 3 8
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 5
Search 0 5
Spot -1 4
Swim 4 12
Tumble 5 31
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Shield Bash
Feat: (Human Bonus) Least Dragonmark of Sentinel
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard

Level 2 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Completionist

Level 4 (Paladin)

Level 5 (Paladin)

Level 6 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Shield Mastery

Level 7 (Paladin)

Level 8 (Paladin)

Level 9 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Lesser Dragonmark of Sentinel

Level 10 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Handed Fighting

Level 11 (Paladin)

Level 12 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Dragonmark of Sentinel

Level 13 (Paladin)

Level 14 (Paladin)

Level 15 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting

Level 16 (Paladin)

Level 17 (Paladin)

Level 18 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting

Level 19 (Paladin)

Level 20 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Armor Class Boost I
Enhancement: Unyielding Sovereignty
Enhancement: Follower of the Sovereign Host
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Strength I
Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Dexterity I
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
Enhancement: Human Versatility I
Enhancement: Human Versatility II
Enhancement: Human Versatility III
Enhancement: Human Versatility IV
Enhancement: Way of the Patient Tortoise I
Enhancement: Paladin Courage of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good III
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good IV
Enhancement: Paladin Focus of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good III
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Righteousness I
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Sacrifice I
Enhancement: Paladin Exalted Smite I
Enhancement: Paladin Exalted Smite II
Enhancement: Paladin Exalted Smite III
Enhancement: Paladin Exalted Smite IV
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil II
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil III
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil IV
Enhancement: Paladin Defender of Siberys I
Enhancement: Paladin Defender of Siberys II
Enhancement: Paladin Defender of Siberys III
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Might I
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Might II
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Might III

Seems like I took 3 past lives in every class, oh well... It's imaginary.

Then there's the gear:

Helm: Epic Chimera's Crown (Colorless Augment Slot: +6 Exceptional Dexterity, Yellow Augment Slot: Blindness)
Googles: Greensteel HP Item (+45 HP, +6 DEX Skills, Haste Gaurd)
Necklace: Epic Grim's Braclet (Green Augment Slot: Toughness)
Trinket: Epic Brawn's Spirit (+20 Intimidate, 10% Incite, +2 Exceptional Constitution, Green Augment Slot: )
Cloak: Epic Envemoned Cloak (Epic Green Augment Slot: Heavy Fortification)
Armor: Epic Dualist Leather's (Blue Augment Slot: Greater Nimbleness)
Belt: Colethenis's Belt
Gloves: Epic Charged Gloves (Epic Yellow Augment Slot: Greater False Life)
Ring: Ring of the Ravager (+2 Exceptional Strenght)
Ring: Epic Ring of the Silver Concord (Yellow Augment Slot: Disease Immunity)
Bracers: Fabricator's Bracers
Boots: Epic Boots of Corrosion (Green Augment Slot: Good Luck +2, Epic Colorless Augment Slot: +1 Exceptional Dexterity)

Weapon: Epic Chimeras Fang (Red Augment Slot: Holy)
Shield: Epic Kundarak Delving Shield (Epic Violet Augment Slot: +1 Enhancement, Epic Blue Augment Slot: +1 Enhancement)

Dexterity Breakdown:
16 Base
2 Completionist
1 Human Aptability
4 +4 DEX Tome
6 +6 Dexterity Item
1 +1 Exceptional DEX item
4 Fabricator's Bracers
2 DEX Shrine
2 DEX Yugo Pot
-----------------------
38 DEX, 14 DEX Mod

Armor Class Breakdown:
10 Base
8 Armor Bonus
14 DEX Bonus
1 Eldrich Armor AC Ritual
10 Shield Bonus
1 Eldrich Armor AC Ritual
4 +4 Dodge Bonus
3 +3 Dodge Bonus
3 Profane Bonus
4 Superior Parrying, Insight Bonus
6 Bulwark of Good
6 Protection
5 Natural Armor
2 Fabricator's Bracers proc
---------------------
77 Armor Class Standing
1 House Deneith Defender
1 Clan Gnashtooth Kobold Shaman
1 House Kundarak Battlemaster
---------------------
80 Armor Class Ship buffed
4 Superior Defensive Stance
---------------------
84 Stanced
1 Haste
1 Airgaurd Haste
2 Recitation
---------------------
88 Selfbuffed
3 Halfling Heroes Companion
4 Bard Song
---------------------
95 Raid buffed

And it sorta is a "sheet wearing monk splash". But I wont use the WIS Mod to AC thingy since it requires you to be fully centered, or whatever it's called, I just wanted evasion and two more feats.

Edit: Seems you can't count DEX Mod on shields... So forget I ever said anything.

Nephilia
08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Epic duelist leather's already have epic nimbleness on it so I don't think u could put greater nimbleness (or at least u could but it wont stack I think :P)

Reversion
08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Stats
Str: 16 base + 3 tome + 5 level + 2 fighter + 7 item + 6 Stance + 2 ship + 3 Abishai = 44 (+17)
Dex: 15 base + 2 tome + 7 item + 2 ship = 26 (+8)
Con: 16 base + 2 tome + 7 item + 1 exceptional + 2 exceptional + 1 human + 6 stance + 2 ship + 3 Abishai = 40 (+15)
Int: 12 base + 2 tome = 14 (+2)
Wis: 8 base + 1 tome – 1 brawn's spirits = 8 (-1)
Cha: 12 + 2 tome + 7 item + 2 ship -1 brawn's spirits = 22 (+6)

<snip>

"Optimal" Gear
Secondary: Crafted: +5 Holy Mithral Tower Shield of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane *this might be changing with the new shield crafting*
Ring1: Epic Seal of the Earth
Ring2: Epic Ring of the Silver Concord
Belt: Greensteel - +6 dex skills / 45 hp / air guard / haste clicky
Bracer: Bracelet of Thaarak
Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak heavy fort slotted
Trinket: Epic Brawn's Spirits
Helmet: Epic Helm of Frost +1 exceptional con slotted
Goggles: Greensteel - +6 cha skills / LitII

You have +3 Con listed from Abishai, but only have 3 items from the set listed. You don't get the +3 Con unless you have all 5 pieces of the set. With 3, you still get +3 Str and +3 AC though.

Warganom
08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Really?.. That sucks...

Geartop
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
i'm working on a similar build too :)

Just an idea but.... assuming u'll lose anyway your abishai set's bonus on horoth fight...
It would be not better to slot Epic chimaera's crown on head and (maybe) epic ring of bucaneer on your finger?

The first will provide u +5 natural armor and the new amenities with dragonmark (that have synergy with chimaera's fang) and the second will help u slot your dex and also provide +2 goodluck (that free you a epic slot somewhere else) and provide u another slot.

One of the reasons the gear setup on this guy has changed so much is because of epic slots...anything that can be slotted can be rearranged, giving a lot of flexibility to the gear setup. As I've learned, there are many different, valid ways to gear this guy up. Planning out your gear is of course the easy part...farming it is the hard part. For this reason, I've tried, when possible, to avoid having to slot every bonus I want...having to farm 200 epic tokens on top of everything else is a tall order.

I've looked at the setup you've suggested, but ultimately moved away from it so that I could fit in both the epic abishai set and the tharaak bracelet, to maximize AC for everything outside of ToD. This also freed up a ring slot. Both the Epic Seal of the Earth (+6 natural armor bonus) and the Epic Ring of the Silver Concord (+6 protection) are excellent choices for ring slots. As for ToD, you'd just have to take the hit of 2 to-hit/dmg & 3 AC, or drastically alter the setup. (read Gensai's post that I pointed to in an earlier post about the Epic Chimera's Crown)

You have +3 Con listed from Abishai, but only have 3 items from the set listed. You don't get the +3 Con unless you have all 5 pieces of the set. With 3, you still get +3 Str and +3 AC though.

Much appreciated. I will fix it shortly.

Killage
12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I understand the barb past life, but why Bard and Favored Soul?

SensaiRyu
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Very nice post! Thanks and rep

I've been looking at TR'ing my first life SD from HElf to Human and dragon marks for the +2 intim. Your build provides a great comparison.

I currently have cleave and gCleave and quickdraw. I love all three. You have imp shield bash, combat expertise, and don't have imp sunder. I'm going try out your use of imp bash, keep imp sunder, bastard proficiency and toss in an extra toughness. I may be playing around a bit with feats before I finish.

I can get a base 81 unbuffed intim and if I get the +20 intim item I may drop two feats for the cleave line, bullheaded being one of them. I think an 84 unbuffed intim is high enough for all the runs I've seen.

With the added toughness I get a base of 444.

I'm going to miss the cleave line and quickdraw. I use them a lot.

I don't have an eFang. And I may end up farming it next life.

One change if I were running your build as is - Skill focus before Bullhead for the extra intim. Other than that, I really like your build.