PDA

View Full Version : U12 TODO list

red_cardinal
08-24-2011, 03:47 AM
1. Finish prestige enhancements for all classes and do a lammania extensive test so this game
can finally work.
2. Rework Paths at character creation screen for all classes and all races so it makes sense. A
new player wants his character to do what the path description says. A path should not create a
gimp but should be a strong character according to account options available (32 pt builds).
3. Review all feats on the feats list and do a test to see if they work and fix according to suggestion from
players.
4. Dragon marks for all races.
5. Review all named items and item sets in the game from level 1 to level 20.
5. Forget about new content. GOTO 1.

I think this is crucial to the game.

Gauthaag
08-24-2011, 04:01 AM
1. stop calling your wishlist TODO list

kuro_zero
08-24-2011, 04:02 AM
1. Finish prestige enhancements for all classes and do a lammania extensive test so this game
can finally work.
2. Rework Paths at character creation screen for all classes and all races so it makes sense. A
new player wants his character to do what the path description says. A path should not create a
gimp but should be a strong character according to account options available (32 pt builds).
3. Review all feats on the feats list and do a test to see if they work and fix according to suggestion from
players.
4. Dragon marks for all races.
5. Review all named items and item sets in the game from level 1 to level 20.
5. Forget about new content. GOTO 1.

I think this is crucial to the game.

/SYNTAX ERROR Undefined Loop

1. Unless I'm missing something, the game has worked for 5+ years now...

2. Some paths do need rework, but more important would be better and easier documentation of WHAT gameplay the path is designed a for.

3. Feat pass would br nice, but even in core 3.5 you had alot of useless fluff. Kinda unreasonable to ask Turbine to fix that.

4. Not all races recieve Dragon Marks, and that us part if Eberron lore. This should not be changed.

5a. Kind of a waste of time as items are ALWAYS becoming dated and obsolete as the game advances and new items and effects are introduced. That is the nature of MMOs.

5b. No. No, no, no. NEVER forget about new content. The community has screamed, shouted and begged for more content FROM DAY 1 and must NEVER be forgotten.

red_cardinal
08-24-2011, 07:53 AM
/SYNTAX ERROR Undefined Loop

1. Unless I'm missing something, the game has worked for 5+ years now...

I didn't meant so say that it didn't work at all. I would be a lot better if things were done to the end. I'd like to have
a bard with tier 3 warchanter, or spellsinger... and so on. And now aritificer class will perhaps be published with only 1 tier 1 pre. I'm not saying classes don't work without complete prestiges, but it would be a whole lot better and nicer if all were done to the end. It brings novelty as new content does.

2. Some paths do need rework, but more important would be better and easier documentation of WHAT gameplay the path is designed a for.

Exactly. If prestiges are done for every class, paths would be useful. Take ranger and DWS prestige. Only tier1 is done. But there's a description and a option to choose this path. When a player takes it and enters the game and gets to level 12 and sees there is no tier 2 prestige -> disappointment. The path description is implemented by
the prestige of the class.

3. Feat pass would br nice, but even in core 3.5 you had alot of useless fluff. Kinda unreasonable to ask Turbine to fix that.

I'm not expecting the impossible. Yes, many feats just give static bonuses, like lightning reflexes, iron will and such.
I just want them to be useful in the game, especially active ones like slicing blow, whirlwind strike and so on. Take whirlwind strike - it's slowly animated and as cleave and greater cleave are improved, this isn't - and you still need to take feats to get it.

4. Not all races recieve Dragon Marks, and that us part if Eberron lore. This should not be changed.

I'm aware of that. I meant to say that race specific prestiges should be implemented as dragonmarks should also.

5a. Kind of a waste of time as items are ALWAYS becoming dated and obsolete as the game advances and new items and effects are introduced. That is the nature of MMOs.

True. But, why does Carnifex from Delera has it's use until level 17-18 on a first lifer, and say 3BC has no loot at all?
Why would it be a waste of time? They're still selling those packs and it would be a nice addition to the game if some new items would be added where they're needed and some other made actually useful for a few levels at least.

5b. No. No, no, no. NEVER forget about new content. The community has screamed, shouted and begged for more content FROM DAY 1 and must NEVER be forgotten.
[/QUOTE]

If reviewing items, older quests and adopting changes, fixing unfinished prestiges isn't considered NEW CONTENT, what is? Another adventure pack is the only thing that should be called NEW? Maybe so, but with every new pack new problems arise. Take Sustaining symbiont for instance - still bugged! Review of old stuff - items, fixing bugs, recode broken stuff, updates on old packs are needed. I suggested that devs do that because it would make this game better for all players. Shade was talking about barbarian bugs which are 3-4 years old. COME ON, WAKE UP!
Pushing new packs doesn't improve the game in every way. Also, this isn't wow. Here you can TR and redo all content from the start.