PDA

View Full Version : Glancing blow damage question

rayworks
08-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I am given to understand that bastard swords and dwarven axes can get glancing blow damage.

But I have a TWF Dwarf fighter who uses DAxes and I'm not seeing glancing blows. Also, I have a Ranger who dual wields bastard swords. Same thing with him.

So, in reading around on the boards I see some people saying that you only get glancing blow damage if you have the THF feats. OK, I can buy into that.

But, let's say I spend a feat to get THF. My toon is a TWF build. Does having THF and TWF at the same time have any negative impact? Would I get glancing on main hand only? Or both hands?

Alex301
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
They only give glancing blows if you are using a dwarven axe/bastard sword in your main hand and a shield in your off hand, so TWF will never cause glancing blows.

FrozenNova
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Neither. While there is anything in your offhand besides a shield, you will not be getting glancing blows.

jcTharin
08-21-2011, 07:50 PM
It was a change to give people who go sword and board and exotic one handers other than khopesh a boost. If you are using a B-sword or a D-axe you get glancing blows like a two hander, but only if there is no weapon in your off hand.

rayworks
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. No thanks for the bad news.