PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness zone's difficulty settings...N/H/E/Epic

Feralthyrtiaq
08-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Ok so apparently we're getting the Bravery Bonus which is pretty tasty.

And I will grant that there are the Slayers Pots available from store which increase your count/kill

But, what I would like to see is Difficulty Settings for the Wilderness Zones.

Casual/Normal/Hard/Elite/and *gasp* Epic

Some of us (namely moi) really enjoy the slayer zones as a break from questing/raid grind but it would be nice to be able to choose a difficulty when entering.

Bravery Bonus could apply, and Epic Scrolls could drop from mobs and Red Named Rares etc.

I'd like it a....alot.

Flavilandile
08-19-2011, 07:00 AM
/not signed.

Explorer areas have no difficulty setting for a reason.

If you put difficulty settings on them you kill the reason they exists first.

In an explorer area ( say for example Vale ) you can form a party of characters with a wider level range than in quest. ( 12-20... you can have a LVL 12 in the same party as a LVL 20 that's impossible in quests )

if you put difficulty settings on explorer areas you just transform them into quests like Irestone inlet.
Not yo mention that you'll have to put all the quest entrance hidden in those areas somewhere else as it would annoy everybody to no end to have to enter a quest to go to another quest. ( why is the Sacred Helm in the Steam Tunnel when it used to be in STK 2 ? Because nobody was bothering with it. )

Doomcrew
08-19-2011, 07:19 AM
You would need separate counters for each difficulty, or else folks would
run up to close to an xp tier on normal, re-enter on a higher difficulty for
more xp. Imagine the whining when some pug kills one too many mobs on
the normal setting ......."you cost me ___xp!!"

Ravoc-DDO
08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
no

I like explorer area's too, but implementing this would only widen the gap between the now gimp melees and the overpowered casters.