PDA

View Full Version : Firing the rune arm: a suggestion

LookingForABentoBox
08-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Right now there is an option in the UI to map a key to firing the rune arm. All well and good, I bound it to mouse 3.
The problem is, on my other chars, I like having my mouse 3 bound to something that I use all the time and want to use quickly. Leap of faith on my fvs, divine sacrifice on my paladin. What I do is drag those feats to some hot bar I'm not using, for example slot bar 10, 0th slot, and then map that key to mouse 3.
If I bind mouse 3 to rune arm, when I switch chars, that key no longer binds to leap of faith/divine sacrifice, so I'd have to reset it every time I switched chars.

Suggested implementation: add a feat that fires the rune arm, that you can drag to the hotbar, like there is with "attack" and "sneak".

QuantumFX
08-19-2011, 12:32 AM
/signed

Valakai
08-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Was thinking the exact same thing. Why could we not have it in quickbar?

Fecerak
08-19-2011, 01:23 AM
There IS a feat that fires rune arm, similar to attack and sneak. Go to your feats and the rune arm icon thingy can be clicked on to fire.

QuantumFX
08-19-2011, 01:30 AM
There IS a feat that fires rune arm, similar to attack and sneak. Go to your feats and the rune arm icon thingy can be clicked on to fire.

Artificer Rune Arm Usage (http://ddowiki.com/page/Rune_Arm_Use) does not actually fire the Rune Arm. It only toggles the auto charge function.

honkuimushi
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I had the same issue. I use a gamepad so I usally map my main active attack to the same key and use it on all my characters. But mapping the Rune-arm there means that I have to remap that key everytime I switch to and from an Artificer. I tried binding the option in the feat tab, but as QuantumFX said, that just turns the autocharger on and off. Because of that and the runspeed bug, I pretty much ignored the active use of the rune-arm.

Making this work like other special actions would go a long way to making this class a lot more enjoyable.

Geonis
08-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I had the same issue. I use a gamepad so I usally map my main active attack to the same key and use it on all my characters. But mapping the Rune-arm there means that I have to remap that key everytime I switch to and from an Artificer. I tried binding the option in the feat tab, but as QuantumFX said, that just turns the autocharger on and off. Because of that and the runspeed bug, I pretty much ignored the active use of the rune-arm.

Making this work like other special actions would go a long way to making this class a lot more enjoyable.

Me too. +1

hdogan
08-19-2011, 05:38 PM
/signed

Dcloak
08-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Absolutely agree.

Great suggestion!

Alabore
08-19-2011, 06:36 PM
/signed.

I mentioned runearm needed a "feated" action over another thread!
What do they say about great minds...?

:)

Can't give you a complimentary +1 Green Cookie of Reputation though - I've apparently given out one too many in my daily effort to spread their fragrant greenness...

:D