PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Pets Not Acceptable

Unsure1
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
My artificer pet for some reason doesnt like to follow orders, I tell him to attack a monster and he runs hits once and pulls it back to me? that is not what i ordered Mcdonalds!

all of the abilities enhancements and such seem to be pretty nice, but it needs to follow instructions.

also when in "Attack Mode" he doesnt attack monsters until they get so close they are within striking range of me, the pet aggro range needs to be enhanced.

A way to turn off the pet intimidate enhancement and the fury (added hate to melee) would be nice for group situations.

in short for a pet class, they need more control over said pet, and this is not even mentioning the bug about defender going def whenever i go into a new instance.

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
My artificer pet for some reason doesnt like to follow orders, I tell him to attack a monster and he runs hits once and pulls it back to me? that is not what i ordered Mcdonalds!

all of the abilities enhancements and such seem to be pretty nice, but it needs to follow instructions.

also when in "Attack Mode" he doesnt attack monsters until they get so close they are within striking range of me, the pet aggro range needs to be enhanced.

A way to turn off the pet intimidate enhancement and the fury (added hate to melee) would be nice for group situations.

in short for a pet class, they need more control over said pet, and this is not even mentioning the bug about defender going def whenever i go into a new instance.

usually if the pet runs up and attacks a monster once and runs back to you, it means your a little far from its "comfort zone" move a little closer, you cant send it at something thats 200 feet away.

as for the attacking until they get close to touch you while in attack mode. make sure you dont have the stand ground mode selected, and someitmes pets just stop attacking for a short period of time for some reason (it overheated? Lol)

mystafyi
08-18-2011, 09:33 PM
in short for a pet class, they need more control over said pet

LMAO

did you really think turbine would/or even could suddenly script pets better then they currently do hirelings??

Thorzian
08-18-2011, 09:36 PM
LMAO

did you really think turbine would/or even could suddenly script pets better then they currently do hirelings??

This.. fool

anastasius
08-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Well, there's your problem, iron defenders don't do well in obedience classes (in fact, due to it spewing grease all over the place at PetSmart, I am no longer welcome there... Something about constantly screwing up the hound raid... one moment I was buff/healing some german shepherds wailing on a great dane and the next these mini beholders pop out of the tennis ball bin... It was a TPK, and then a bunch of noobs ran off to the cat adoption that was going on at the same time...)

Long story short (too late...), but now I just wield a rolled up copy of the Stormreach Crier and thwap my pet on the muzzle when he gets totally out of hand. I've had to use it less and less now that he is learning his role...

Letrii
08-18-2011, 09:53 PM
LMAO

Difference is we created this pets as opposed to sentient hireling we hire.

Unsure1
08-18-2011, 10:02 PM
i h8 to be this guy but here goes... I do make sure he is not on defend or passive always hit attack as soon as i resummon... second arti was designed to be able to do ranged damage why cant i have my pet far away tanking while i twang away? i dont want my pet tanking so close that i might as well have made a str build and melee...
the arti dps is brutal with a repeater, so i wanna take advantage... how about making it so i can use the class to its fullest ability?

Isolani
08-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Isn't fighting at close range with repeaters a good thing now with the point blank shot changes?

Spookyaction
08-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Difference is we created this pets as opposed to sentient hireling we hire.

I think you missed the point.

Alexandryte
08-18-2011, 10:36 PM
/questionmarkface

I dont know what issues you are having by my pup seems A-Ok minus the whole "need to resummon each quest thing or he bugs out"

When specced in a synergistic manner he is more than capable of holding his own and being a valuable AI companion.

Now if only hirelings were so smart....

Angelus_dead
08-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I think there are a great many programmers who could script pets better than hirelings.... because the key is simpler is better.

Use a less complex script that tries to handle fewer situations, and instead directly and immediately obeys what the player says. Force the player to basically steer two characters at once; but in an affirmative way, not a negative way.

Razcar
08-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Have you tried calling Ceasar Millan? ;)

Valakai
08-19-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm glad you called hirelings sentient and not intelligent.

Doggies character sheet shows some 20s in int and wis but still behaves like its 1 or 2 at best. Most of the time dismissing it and summoning again inside quest solves part of the problem. Sometimes it likes to attack ladders for 10 minutes.

Alabore
08-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Sometimes it likes to attack ladders for 10 minutes.

"But, master, it looked theatening..."

Failedlegend
08-19-2011, 07:00 AM
I dunno what you did to upset your dogs because my guy does just fine he even uses his abilities like intimidate by himself.

Mind you I do have issues with things not displaying in the character sheet.

Missing_Minds
08-19-2011, 07:05 AM
LMAO

Given how they got it to work for Loremasters and Captains Lotro, yes, honestly. Granted, these pets here have a lot more ability than a lotro pet.

Geonis
08-19-2011, 07:13 AM
I know this isn't the preferred fix, but anytime you go somewhere your dog needs to teleport, try to dismiss and resummon. This includes swimming and ladders.

ckorik
08-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Given how they got it to work for Loremasters and Captains Lotro, yes, honestly. Granted, these pets here have a lot more ability than a lotro pet.

You are so on the spot with this. If the pet stopped when I said 'stay' (it doesn't unless I hit passive and then come to me and then stop - and then it's a coin flip to see if it actually stops) - and if the pet attacked what I'm attacking or had a 'attack this guy' button - it would be 100% better than now.

And they need to stop attacking barrels like they are all demon spawn in disguise. I can just imagine the fire elemental in Depths being a real issue for Arti parties :(

I don't mind the pet having it's own mind if I'm not paying attention to it - but I should be able to micro my pet to some degree with success.

Razcar
08-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Doggies character sheet shows some 20s in int and wis but still behaves like its 1 or 2 at best. Most of the time dismissing it and summoning again inside quest solves part of the problem. Sometimes it likes to attack ladders for 10 minutes.
My RL dog has at least 20 in Int and Wis (oh yes, and 40 Cha) and likes to growl at statues and attack slippers. Dismissing and resummoning her doesn't help the least. So I would say WAI.

;)

Alavatar
08-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Sometimes it likes to attack ladders for 10 minutes.

It's a deadly gazebo! Kill it with fire!

Missing_Minds
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
And they need to stop attacking barrels like they are all demon spawn in disguise. I can just imagine the fire elemental in Depths being a real issue for Arti parties :(

wait.. what? Seriously? *laughs* oh.. I want a special "mood" command just to tell them to break boxes. :)

/pet box on
/pet box off

SableShadow
08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
"But, master, it looked theatening..."

I dunno ... I've developed quite the hatred for some ladders over the years...seems reasonable enough to me.

/pet box on
/pet box off

"Gooooood box, good box ... who's a good box? You are! Roll over! Sit! Now break! Break! Good box!" :D

Failedlegend
08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1150/1338561819_201d6cd905.jpg

Abitar
08-19-2011, 10:47 AM
well there is no way to tell it to attack directly that i found..

I will puts it on agressive mode (the red icon) and he will attack the target i am targeting sometimes or decide to run off and bring new stuff to the fray. (pet agro is a pain)'

I noticed I can click on trip or taught for the pet and nothing happens and the little later it taunt and trips on it own.

I would like more tighter controls on the pet, or in raids and stuff it become more a head ache then a hieriling.

Nothing like being in wizard king and it draws the agro from other rooms while your busy enough with what you have.

There will be times where pets will be not aloud on raids/quests because of the agro issues. Nothing like having the doggy run up and agro the dragon before your ready.

Letrii
08-19-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJDRkVKjMOU

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
There will be times where pets will be not aloud on raids/quests because of the agro issues. Nothing like having the doggy run up and agro the dragon before your ready.

put it in passive mode then he wont go attacking things and draw aggro. in passive mode he wont do anything except what you tell him to.

Musouka
08-19-2011, 10:53 AM

http://www.nerdvana-ctg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Gazebo.jpg

gyerv59
08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Personally I've had very little prob with pet agro. Did you expect it to be flawless? I've found that if the pet is attacking a locked door, or a ladder if u kite the agro past, it will instantly enter the fray. I would like to see skills and such one character sheet.

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Personally I've had very little prob with pet agro. Did you expect it to be flawless? I've found that if the pet is attacking a locked door, or a ladder if u kite the agro past, it will instantly enter the fray. I would like to see skills and such one character sheet.

or you could, you know, select and enemy and click the pets big sword icon and tell him to attack. >>

MaxwellEdison
08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I love my pet. He opens doors/levers/valves, he uses his crazy NPC leaping abilities to hit enemies on ledges, has stats I am seriously jealous of, and to top it all off, his default attack behavior seems to be "Run out, grab aggro, and bring back to Master's Flame Turret, Blade Barrier, and Endless Fusillade."

Only changes I would make (other than the bug fixes, ofc) would be the ability to speak/emote through them or at the very least adding "AFFIRMATIVE. KILL ALL THE THINGS." to their chat tree when set to aggressive.

Memnir
08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't like hirelings - but I've found the Artificer's pet to be perfectly acceptable.
I have been enjoying my lill doggie dynamo of death, and found it to be quite a reliable companion.

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
only gripe i got about doggie is that he has such a poor will save compared to his other saves..... his other saves for me are like mid to high teens....... Will save... 9 XD

danotmano1998
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
My RL dog has at least 20 in Int and Wis (oh yes, and 40 Cha) and likes to growl at statues and attack slippers. Dismissing and resummoning her doesn't help the least. So I would say WAI.

;)

LOL!
I'm with you there. Mine has a serious problem with garbage bags. And stray cats.
I've never seen him attack a barrel or a ladder, but I will test this and bug report my results.:p

Missing_Minds
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Emm....

Random thought. PvP can you summon your pet in to fight for you?

If so... *sigh* I know this is NOT politically correct, but... How long before we have dog fighting contests?

Seikojin
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
/questionmarkface

I dont know what issues you are having by my pup seems A-Ok minus the whole "need to resummon each quest thing or he bugs out"

When specced in a synergistic manner he is more than capable of holding his own and being a valuable AI companion.

Now if only hirelings were so smart....

Bolded the important bit for the thread. If your pet is misbehaving, put it in its box! LOL

That usually clear it up for me.

Seikojin
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1150/1338561819_201d6cd905.jpg

Nice gazeebo.

Seikojin
08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.nerdvana-ctg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Gazebo.jpg

ROFLMAO, with the way munchkin decks turn out, that card becomes as rare as the joke it is based on. :(

crazycaren
08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi
My pet is only lvl 4 so perhaps his training gets better with lvls? In Misery peak he's a total spaz, running off and bringing mobs back to me when I already have enough thanks. And that's in defender mode. Telling him to sit-stay means he runs to me and attacks anything that's hitting me, then runs back to his stay spot. Sigh. Time for obedience classes!

Otherwise he's great. :)

MrkGrismer
08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi
My pet is only lvl 4 so perhaps his training gets better with lvls? In Misery peak he's a total spaz, running off and bringing mobs back to me when I already have enough thanks. And that's in defender mode. Telling him to sit-stay means he runs to me and attacks anything that's hitting me, then runs back to his stay spot. Sigh. Time for obedience classes!

Otherwise he's great. :)

I understand they calm down quite a bit if you have them fixed early on...

wez
08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Well, there's your problem, iron defenders don't do well in obedience classes (in fact, due to it spewing grease all over the place at PetSmart, I am no longer welcome there... Something about constantly screwing up the hound raid... one moment I was buff/healing some german shepherds wailing on a great dane and the next these mini beholders pop out of the tennis ball bin... It was a TPK, and then a bunch of noobs ran off to the cat adoption that was going on at the same time...)

Long story short (too late...), but now I just wield a rolled up copy of the Stormreach Crier and thwap my pet on the muzzle when he gets totally out of hand. I've had to use it less and less now that he is learning his role...
nice! pmsl +1

MaxwellEdison
08-19-2011, 01:21 PM
I understand they calm down quite a bit if you have them fixed early on...

Exactly, just get out your spanner and remove the two nuts from the undercarriage (I'd provide a diagram but the Google Image Search is rather... disturbing). This will allow you to remove the plate located there to provide additional ventilation and relieve some extra pressure, which should result in a calmer homunculus.

Musouka
08-21-2011, 01:02 AM
ROFLMAO, with the way munchkin decks turn out, that card becomes as rare as the joke it is based on. :(

Really? I only have the first 2 original Munchkins, and that was from the very original munchkin.

I still have the deck, in good quality too.

Jay203
08-21-2011, 12:41 PM
could the devs just get rid of the auto-attacking breakables on the dogs?
it's a pain in the ass when it runs off trying to break stuff instead of killing enemies...