PDA

View Full Version : Human Arti BS Melee Build... Thoughts?

butlerfamilywa
08-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok, from what I can see, INT only affects your amount of SP, your DC's to certain spells, (yes blade barrier), and skill points.

Aside from that, if you want to make a Melee Arti you could dump your Int score? With just a 16 needed to cast your top-end spells, that gives you the need of 16 after items, so start at 8, +6 item = 14, 2 tome, and you're set... might want to put a few points in for skill points for traping and the like...

I was thinking something along the lines of

Str 18
Dex 08 (THF Lines with a BS)
Con 14 (d6 for HP's is rather low, but you can make up for it.. you're not a main tank)

At this point, a 32 point toon has access to 10 more build points.. so you COULD raise your into to 16.. I'd suggest going all int, just for the skill points, until we can test out arti's more fully.

Pretty much, you go human, take the feat allowing you to self repair.. with the healing amp lines you can counter act the loss of heal scroll / spell heals...
Also this allows you to take insightful reflexes for your reflex save, granted you don't have evasion, however you COULD, if you wanted to splash 2 levels of monk (if you're lawful), or 2 levels of Rogue (if your neutral)

So, go Lawful Neutral, go 18/2 Arti/Monk (evasion trapper), and make sure you take power attack to qualify for battle engineer...

Ashoks
08-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Int also affects the class feats that are given to you (like how much extra you get to UMD when using items, etc) as well as skill like disable device and search

butlerfamilywa
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Int also affects the class feats that are given to you (like how much extra you get to UMD when using items, etc) as well as skill like disable device and search

I was actually just sitting here thinking about that..

could go 17/14/17 with rest as dump stats, (str/con/int), and then lvl ups into int for insightful dmg/attack ect

And since you're a melee build, you can actually take the DM of making as your extra granted feats, allowing you access to most the bonus' on the echimera's fang...

Ashoks
08-18-2011, 06:30 PM
this is a WF build i put up in another thread if that might give ya some ideas:
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4004532&postcount=10

jcTharin
08-18-2011, 06:33 PM
I tried out a WF bastard sword arti on lamn and so far i am not impressed. unless the arm cannons get upgraded using a two hander will probably be much better.

but give it a shot, its a test server. but my advice from what i have tried so far is:

go Warforged. go dwarf if you realy want to be a fleshie for the bonus to axes and for the defenses.

dump int its not needed unless you want to cast or use insightful damage.

get quicken for reconstruct and maximize for the potion spells and for BB. even with **** DC maximized BB is nice to fight in unless things have evasion.

nicro
08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Why not stay pure and use Divine Favor/Power scrolls (are clickies affected by the Capstone?) with a caster level of 25?

Jay203
08-18-2011, 09:42 PM
i'd just pick up chimera's breath from sentinel series for free bastard sword proficiency, but that's just me :D

Valakai
08-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Also the Sentinels quest chain drops Chimeras Armcannonblasta that gives free B-Sword proficiency usable at level 5.

Oh and I would pick helf with rogue dilletante over Dwarf axer. +2/+2 or 3d6 SA damage is fairly close but helf also get HV damage boost. Not saying dwarf is a bad choise.

If you are looking at stats alone then WF would be #1 choise.
You can make a fairly good case for human with dragonmarks, dwarf with d-axes and helf with rogue dilletante too.