PDA

View Full Version : SImulate the Passage of Time When Using Rest Shrines

Certon
08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Simulate the Passage of Time When Using Rest Shrines (AKA Stop the INSANITY!

I for one believe that when someone rests at a shrine, the simulation of passed time should occur. That means all people within the shrines area immediately rest, buffs are dispelled, rechargeable items are recharged and pets are banished. Not only that, but the used shrine cannot be used again for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or not at all, depending on the difficulty of the dungeon.

Casters buffing the entire party or raid to the teeth, summoning a pet, then resting to full spell points seems abusive, because it forces the developers to create content with this in mind. If someone wants to buff another to the teeth, there should be a price to pay. 50% displacement, 4:00 extended haste, deathblock resists, extra HP, and true seeing with no downside on every other party member? Sign me up!

Resting should be about EVERYONE in the group being affected by the passage of time. That's all I'm really saying--

TheDjinnFor
08-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Took me a second read before I realized you wanted the rest to be an AoE that hits everyone in an area this first time someone uses it.

Then, of course, avoiding the dispel would be a simple matter of walking far enough away from the shrine. You'd keep the buffs.

Also could turn into a griefing issue with people resting at inappropriate times and messing up the party.

muffinlad
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I understand what you are asking, but disagree with you. If you think that in some way making this change would then let the developers go though and re-adjust 100+ quests to take in the fact that people would have to rebuff, you are seriously underestimating both the time that would take, or the need for it to happen.

What you are suggesting is something that bothers you...and while that is good enough reason to comment on it, it is not something that rises to the level of needing a change in the game based on your personal sense of "what is right for the world"...instead of focusing on suggestions which "Make the world right as it exists".

I think it's groovy that you care enough to comment about how DDO could be improved, but this seems more of a way to improve it for you, rather than everyone who plays the game.

Regards,

muffingander