PDA

View Full Version : Pet Issues List

Eladiun
08-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Let's get all the pet issues we have seen out in a list...

1) Pets need to be dismissed and recalled after zoning.
2) Attack range is seems to be too small. I've seen occasions where I am attacking a MoB and my pet is just standing at my feet.
3) Pet sometimes seems more interested in boxes than MoBs
4) The pet out of range message occurs when pet is in range. I have also gotten the message on a non-artificer with no pet.
- This seems to occur every time you log out on any character. (Updated 8/19 9:00)
5) Pet name doesn't show in kill count. All pets listed as Iron Defender.
6) Docent graphics don't display after rebuilding pet. (Added 8/18 13:00)
7) Pets suicide on explosive barrels. (Added 8/18 13:00)
8) After LR or GR, items equipped on a pet are lost. (Updated 8/19 9:00)
9) No feedback when using pet abilities. (Updated 8/19 9:00)
10) Pets trigger scripted interactions. (For example, they will start the LOB fight sequence.) (Updated 8/22 11:00)
11) Pets unaffected by Repair skill when shrining.(Updated 8/22 11:00)

MadFloyd
08-18-2011, 10:57 AM

2) Attack range is seems to be too small. I've seen occasions where I am attacking a MoB and my pet is just standing at my feet.
4) The pet out of range message occurs when pet is in range. I have also gotten the message on a non-artificer with no pet.

Thanks, especially for # 5 (which is news to me).

Tuney
08-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I'd state about 5, Sometimes it lists my pet's name sometimes it lists "Iron Defender."

LightBear
08-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Looks like they all have to do with a not so clear separation of foe, fiend, friend, summon, pet and hireling.

TheDjinnFor
08-18-2011, 11:35 AM
MoBs

I thought Mob = Moving Object. So wouldn't it be MOb? What the heck is a MoB? :P

I'm only half joking because I'm not sure if I'm right about it.

ORIGINALBAG0
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM

This pleases me. I've often wished that hirelings had a "ransack" setting. Would make my life alot easier. Now, I get ransack puppies!

Eladiun
08-18-2011, 11:50 AM
This pleases me. I've often wished that hirelings had a "ransack" setting. Would make my life alot easier. Now, I get ransack puppies!

Oh, I like them breaking boxes... but it would be more appropriate if they didn't do it while the ogre was smashing my head in.

SableShadow
08-18-2011, 11:53 AM

*Rowr? Pantpanpantpant!*
"Duzzem wanna get the boxes? Get the boxes? Boxes! Get git 'em boy, go git 'em!"
<happy puppy attacks boxes ... runs toward exploding barrel>
"Heel! Bad dog, bad..."
<earth shattering cabooom!>
<*ding* *ding*>
"Bad dog, no oil can for you!"
*rowr?whimperwhimper*

NytCrawlr
08-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Also, and not sure if this is WAI, but when you dismiss your pet, you also get the "Pet is out of range" error as well. Just a flat dismiss, not trying to make it do anything after the dismiss. Just seems kind of odd that error would pop up is all.

Ovrad
08-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Oh, I like them breaking boxes... but it would be more appropriate if they didn't do it while the ogre was smashing my head in.

I don't mind them breaking boxes at all, but killing themselves on explosive barrels is another story...

ORIGINALBAG0
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
*Rowr? Pantpanpantpant!*
"Duzzem wanna get the boxes? Get the boxes? Boxes! Get git 'em boy, go git 'em!"
"Heel! Bad dog, bad..."
<*ding* *ding*>
*rowr?whimperwhimper*

Don't ruin my ransack puppy. And put your signature back. And put nothing but quotes from me in it. And solo epic chains for me.

jrzold1
08-18-2011, 12:08 PM
There is also the bug where the docent you put on the pet doesn't show once you rebuild your iron defender. It is still on it but it doesn't show any animation.

evilgardengnome
08-18-2011, 12:18 PM

6) Docent graphics don't display after rebuilding pet. (Added 8/18 13:00)
7) Pets suicide on explosive barrels. (Added 8/18 13:00)

At least your doggie does something. Mine followed me and did nothing until I changed its name and gave it a docent. Now it will not move from the quest enterance when I'm in a quest or just outside the last quest I finished when I'm in a public area. I have noticed other mutts stuck near quest entrances too.

Theolin
08-18-2011, 12:19 PM
when you tell your puppy to heal, he comes to you then immediately goes back to sniffing at the door for bad guys he smells & you can make da puppy be a yo-yo, it is so bad at times he will not attack the guys that are attacking you but insists on sniffing at doors

Eladiun
08-18-2011, 12:26 PM
At least your doggie does something. Mine followed me and did nothing until I changed its name and gave it a docent. Now it will not move from the quest enterance when I'm in a quest or just outside the last quest I finished when I'm in a public area. I have noticed other mutts stuck near quest entrances too.

See item number 1; they need to be dismissed and re-summoned when entering a quest or they bug out.

My2Cents
08-18-2011, 12:50 PM
More -

- My pet sometimes seems to stay at the door, and doesn't appear to come all the time when called. I've had this with FVS hirelings from time to time.

- When I summoned a hireling with my pet active, (FVS, level 4), rolling the mouse across the spells on the hireling hotbar popped up small empty "squares" on the screen, as if the tooltips were showing the empty skill boxes from the pet hotbar instead of the hireling hotbar. The spells I tried seemed to work fine, this was only a tooltip problem.

- I noticed once when I logged out to log into an alt to send my arti some gold I got the message "your hireling is out of range" at some point during the logout/login process. I apologize for not being able to give a more specific description, I'll try and repeat it later.

- Cosmetic and opinion: The need to place pet feats in the 4 boxes below the pet feats character page rather than drag them directly to the pet hotbar was not apparent to me at first. This made me think the pet feats weren't working at first.

- Cosmetic and opinion: When I create new artis on lama now (or any class) the new default options menu hotbar is created at the bottom of the screen and the minimap on the right side. When I moved things around to where I was used to them being (menu top left, minimap below) I inadvertantly covered the default pet hp/sp bar location and it wasn't obvious because my own HP/SP bar was large sized and just above my chat box. At first I thought the pet HP/SP bar wasn't appearing, silly me.

I do hope when it goes live there will be some kind of guide or more information available. The little bit I've learned about artificers and pets has come from /advice and /general chat. I still have yet to find the elusive "rune arms" and docents for my pet, watched people ask how to use the turrets (whatever those are), etc. I chalk this up to the preview server, but when it goes live I do hope there will be more detailed information about these things or we'll just see a flood of the same questions in chat (probably see that anyway I guess.)

I love the idea of pets, and from my perspective never before having used crossbows, this is fun too. Please use caution when listening to those well-equipped super-experienced crossbowpeople who are whining about how everything should be nerfed. I strongly suggest that things not be rushed to "nerf" until the broader player base has a chance to weigh in.

jcTharin
08-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I cant buff my pets module with anything. hes got just a +1 module but i nothing happens when i cast that +1d6 elemental damage buff.

I want Mr. fluffy to have fangs made from fire and pain!

Letrii
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Gave lightning resist docent to puppy. It did not gain the lightning resist and next time I checked the docent had renamed itself to just Docent.

rest
08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Gave lightning resist docent to puppy. It did not gain the lightning resist and next time I checked the docent had renamed itself to just Docent.

Whoa.

I have a friend determined to put a DoD on her puppy. Hope they fix that before it eats awesome named docents.

Saaluta
08-18-2011, 01:39 PM
*Rowr? Pantpanpantpant!*
"Heel! Bad dog, bad..."
<*ding* *ding*>
*rowr?whimperwhimper*

Thank you for making me laugh, had the same issue in kobolds new ringleader elite last night, Ogre smashing me over head, trying to potion up and dog hits the exploding barrel by last shrine...BOOM!!! At least it killed the ogre too....

Saal :)

Mister_Peace
08-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I like how the blue dot is a blue paw print.

Corwinsky
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
7) Pets suicide on explosive barrels. (Added 8/18 13:00).

How is that a bug?
I see players doing that all the time... can't expect a mechanical dog to be smarter and pay attention to what they destroy ;)

jcTharin
08-18-2011, 02:12 PM
How is that a bug?
I see players doing that all the time... can't expect a mechanical dog to be smarter and pay attention to what they destroy ;)

well i was already planing on making a tank dogie with improved evasion and maxed out reflex saves. It will be my own bomb disposal robot dogie.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p-NVREtYpLE/TYn7TO_z45I/AAAAAAAAACU/fF4BVQf2P8k/s320/robot.jpg

Letrii
08-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Whoa.

I have a friend determined to put a DoD on her puppy. Hope they fix that before it eats awesome named docents.

To clarify, docent info window still shows it has +1 and lesser lightning resist, just named changed and window got a lot smaller. Though character sheet does not show the +1 to AC or lightning resist for pet.

G1deon
08-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to check to see if i am alone. I have been adding trip enhancements to my dog. I have added the trip button to my pets hot bar. However, I have never seen her trip anything. Clicking trip on its hot bar just seems to make it stop doing anything. Anyone having luck with trip?

Letrii
08-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I have seen trips without having bought the trip enhancements.

Arovin
08-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Just noticed a big one.

I Lesser reincarnated to make a couple of fixes to my build. After I noticed that the Docent equipped to my puppy was no longer on the puppy and not in my inventory either.

Remove your Iron Defenders equipment before you do any kind of reincarnation!

MadFloyd
08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Just noticed a big one.

I Lesser reincarnated to make a couple of fixes to my build. After I noticed that the Docent equipped to my puppy was no longer on the puppy and not in my inventory either.

Remove your Iron Defenders equipment before you do any kind of reincarnation!

Bugged by a dev.

jcTharin
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Bugged by a dev.

AH-HA! I knew you were responsible for this!

I got my eye on you....

quijenoth
08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Pet attack range seems very short.

On eyes of stone when you have the 4 archer orcs at the end of the corridor, after destroying the kobolds explosives cash, I sent my pet into attack each one while standing at the T junction shooting another only to watch as he got next to one, stopped and ran back to me. this happened 3 times.

Krastave
08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
pets weapon module doesnt seem to do a thing, same for docent.

Gallaphant2009
08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Pet often becomes non-responsive (i.e. just stands there like an iron statue) when I cast Fire turret.Have to call him to me and thereafter seem a bit dumber.

Alanim
08-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Dogs do not level up until you re-summon them, docents and possibly Weapon modules do not take effect until you re-log.

On a slightly less bug related note.

Dogs can pick up your soulstone allowing you to walk your dog to a shrine, even if you're dead. Hilarious.

silvermesh
08-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I thought Mob = Moving Object. So wouldn't it be MOb? What the heck is a MoB? :P

I'm only half joking because I'm not sure if I'm right about it.
Mob is short for mobile actually, but its evolved to be a backronym for things like "monster or beast".

Thirsterhall
08-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Dogs don't benefit from nearby players with repair skill. IE a Warforged player will gain far more hp than their dog when resting.

SkyEyes_Sorceress
08-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Playing with pets now, here some feedback (not all bugs tho)

- Resist from energy doesn't show in pet's character sheet. It works however. Bugreported.

- Reinforced Plating from docent doesn't work pet.
Yes, description says that Warforged affected, considering change that to pets too?
Checked both on Dragontouched docent (yea my doggy already got one) and crafted.

- Homunculus Capstone description missing prerequisites

- Homunculus Combat Alacrity Capstone says: <...> and a 5% Competence bonus to attack speed with ranged and thrown weapons.
Really? You will be able equip pet with ranged?

- Dog stats a bit inflated IMO.. 700 HP and 60 AC she's already better that some tanks I know 0_o
And she would be able to open WIS and CHA runes? Really?

-Button says "Rename" but it seems you can name it only once? Should mention somewhere that it's one-time deal
Also name cannot contain spaces, but error message is something not detailed like you just can't name your pet that.

-Any chances Iron/Adamantine/etc Companion would get some love too? At least I wish he would be easily selectable to repair, like Ctrl+F1 works for pet now.

Now for the good part.
We LOVING them!

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7307/doggyg.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/doggyg.jpg/)

ilhares
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
pets weapon module doesnt seem to do a thing, same for docent.

They do, but you have to read the combat log to see it. It would be nice (hello, Devs!) if they showed the damage types, as per the player settings for regular attacks.11

I had +4 Frost/Pure Good wraps that I turned into a module for the dog, and at first I didn't think it was working either. They do, it just isn't immediately evident.

For the BUG department, you can also add: Pet character sheet does not update on the fly like player character sheet. You have to close and reopen it after everything you do to see the effects.

Artificer enchant-armor abilities work on the pets, but the weapon abilities do not appear to. I've heard some say Enchant Weapons works, but I know the Corrosive and Shock did not.

Regarding pet behavior - what the pet does seems very much to be based on how I spec it out, so I assume this is WAI. Aggro dogs (trip/sunder/melee alacrity) are far more likely to run around and break things. When I had my dog setup for stealth (sneak attack dmg, accuracy, trap evasion), it wouldn't do it. Ever. With any setting.

quijenoth
08-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Noticed that when resting at a shrine pets only recieve a very small amount of health back (level 17 pet got 13 hps !).

Also there is no boost to pet healing at shrine from owners repair skill as with warforged.

Calonderial
08-21-2011, 06:15 AM

agreed, most emphatically :)

Calonderial
08-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Noticed that when resting at a shrine pets only recieve a very small amount of health back (level 17 pet got 13 hps !).

Also there is no boost to pet healing at shrine from owners repair skill as with warforged.

noticed this too, now i dont bother shrining him just repair myself

Calonderial
08-21-2011, 06:32 AM
not sure if this is by design but if you have a hireling and pet in party, it doesnt show that you are in party i.e the name of the hireling under yours like it used to

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-25-2011, 04:23 PM
some of these bugs have been fixed in the new release, this topic needs an update.

Odds
08-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Epic Rodric's Wand effect of augmented summoning doesn't seem to affect the artficer pet, not sure if thats intended or not.

Puddletoes
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
The Pet Character sheet refuses to be brought to the highest layer of the screen (It ends up being BEHIND everything, even action bars, thus making me unable to use it), no matter how many times I click it. I play on a low resolution because my computer screen is small, so I can't interact with it at all.